It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Miss ATS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

What a pleasant surprise to see you again !

Great to hear you are enjoying life.

Love the positive attitude !

🤩

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Welcome back! I was wondering where you went, you were one of my favorite posters and I’ve missed reading your post. Good to see you here!

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Im loving all the love in this thread

Aaaaaah good ol' ATS

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

That collage is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

It is so nice to hear from you!
And reading this post really brightened my day, you still make ATS a better place to be, BH!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

This is one of the BEST things I've read this year so far...

Much LOVE and utter support for you BH.

This year has been a challenge for me too on the health front, my BELOVED Great Dane "Fred" died in February and shortly after that I had a detached retina.

As if that wasn't enough, by April my right knee blew up and required a total knee replacement from which I am a mere 4 weeks into recovery...

This getting old is for the birds, at least they can FLY. ;-)

My whining aside, I am very happy to see you are doing so well!

Best,
Mark

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Are you better?

Honestly, I'm not noticeably getting better in the last year. I got better for a couple years with all the speech therapy and hard work, and I'm still working, but I haven't gotten any more better. Does that make sense? Part of my brain (language) just pretty much died. My thoughts are fine, but the speech, reading and writing will probably never get back to where it was before the stroke.

But I'm happy. I'm in love (27 years anniversary) and I have a lot of love in my life. What more do I need?

My daughter had a stroke and there's still some parts that aren't fixed. She has the same sort of problem with language. I have been looking at research on recovery.

My heart goes out to you. Hugs...and I'm glad to see you around!

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Oh, Springer, I'm so sorry about Fred! Dogs bring SO much love and joy in our lives! And there's something about a huge dog that just makes life easier.

Sure sorry about your health. I hope you're doing better these days. My knees suck! But I can still take a good walk nearly every day. I totally agree about getting older! But, so far, I prefer the alternative...

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I don't know why I decided to do this today...I haven't visited this page in years and I spent tons of time here. I have to admit, it brought a smile to my face to see your name. I really enjoyed all the conversations we had for all those years. You were one of those who made me see things from a different view and it did change how I viewed things....for the better.

Wish nothing but the best for you.

edit on 23-11-2019 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: David9176

David... Reading that brought tears... This reminds me of the ATS that I fell in love with... I learned so much from the discussions here! And I always think of Loam's signature... "Civility Matters" (I know he's changed it to Civility MatterED). But it still matters to me.

SO wonderful to hear from you.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: David9176

David... Reading that brought tears... This reminds me of the ATS that I fell in love with... I learned so much from the discussions here! And I always think of Loam's signature... "Civility Matters" (I know he's changed it to Civility MatterED). But it still matters to me.

SO wonderful to hear from you.

I definitely learned many things, but mostly about myself and my own biases because of the discussions here. It took some time to get there though....hahaha. It's not easy for people to get out of the echo chamber...once sucked in it can consume them. I see it from friends and family on social media every single day. It's always easier to believe a lie if it fits your own belief system than it is to believe or accept the truth.

Definitely a pleasure to chat with you again!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join