It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible visitation dream from my dad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The last week of June 2016 was brutal for me. In a back to back 4 day period, the following losses happened to me. June 23 my dad died. Most brutal thing to happen ever, to anyone who loves their parent. Anyway, I live far from home so couldn't attend his wake or funeral. I had also had no minutes on my phone for fathers day so I was unable to call him. He went to the hospital the next day and died in hospital shortly after. I'll forever blame myself for his death. Like I broke his heart. And he died. He had had 2 strokes, the first one being almost exactly a year before he passed. Anyway.....

June 27 and 28 was his wake and funeral. I had just started my new job not 2 weeks prior to his death. I don't drive. Couldn't get there to say bye. Couldn't go anyway because
June 29th my son flew to live in Connecticut. It was kind of an emergency because
June 30th I lost my home and was homeless one night. stayed in a hotel but still. I didn't want my son on the streets with me. So he flew to live with his gf and her family.
So it was loss after loss after loss for 4 back to back days. How does one grieve one of those things happening a few months apart vs back to back for 4 days? I don't know. I still haven't properly let the anger and crippling sorrow and stuff out. I've cried, but not fully let go kind of crying.

So not too long ago, I was missing dad deeply as I always do, but it was deeper than usual. Just asking....begging him to forgive me and how sorry I was I missed calling him on Fathers Day, etc. That night I had a dream that felt so so real, like we were together and talking, though I don't recall what it was about. I woke feeling loved and so warm inside if that makes sense.

I miss him, I miss my son, I miss my old home. Still have the same job, but damn.
I don't even know how to begin to let all the aching out. I want so bad to return to a year or two ago and just ...... relive it all and cherish it 800000 times more than I did. I lost my dad, son and home back to back. No time to even breathe.

I hope so so hard that was a legit visitation dream. I really do. And if it was, I hope to have more. Can never have enough to be honest.

I know I got carried away and such but just spew out what needed to be spewed.

God I miss my old life.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I dreamed of having a conversation with my dad-he died in crash with a truck in 1974. I've been very stressed like you. In the past, going thru a divorce and dealing with my elderly mother and having an awful day yesterday I dreamed of talking about things with my Dad. He was highly intelligent and had a southern twang and I woke up with great comfort. I miss him so badly.

Talking to friends-they think it happens during times of great stress-I think they may be right.

You are in my heart tonight-I hope you find comfort soon.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Sarra1833, I deeply feel for you right now. I can imagine you have been numb, and functioning on auto-pilot.

You're a parent, so you must know; that there is nothing your son could do that you wouldn't forgive. I believe, your father knows what happened. He came to you in dream because he doesn't want you to suffer over unfortunate events.

I will pray that many blessings come your way xo

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'm very sorry for your recent loses. Losing our loved ones is probably the hardest thing in life to bare.
Whether your visit was real or perceived is not as important as how it made you feel. I don't know of any loving parent that would begrudge their child in times of difficulty. It sounds to me as though you were and are loved. I hope you find peace in these difficult times

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

No words can really do any justice, but it sounds like you still have some sort of a connection with your dad, and that's beautiful. Don't lose it! I know it can't compare, no 2 losses are ever the same but I lost my brother exactly 4 months ago today, I'm in his room right now actually, since i moved in after he passed. He was 35 years old, doctors messed up his medicine and didn't diagnose a bad reaction soon enough.

The grief will hit you like a ton of bricks at the most random times. But I've learned it's important to try to fully feel it and not try to block it away.

I'm certain your father wouldn't have any regrets or negative thoughts regarding you not being able to call him on Father's Day. You can still have a relationship with him it is just different now, and you have to relearn how to treasure and nurture the relationship you do have with your dad.

Best of luck to you - don't pity yourself, don't make yourself a victim, you are capable of great things but attitude is a huge factor so try to dust yourself off and plan out your next move, while honoring your father, your son, and yourself. You can do it - believe in yourself! Stay strong, condolences to you and your family - your father will always be with you in other ways.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I had a dream visit with my deceased grandfather once. It was during a time of great stress for me. In my dream, he was sitting cross-legged at the end of my bed and he was communicating to me telepathically. We had a conversation where I was asking him questions and he was answering, but I don't remember any specifics, except for the very end of the dream. He told me that he wanted me to know that during times of difficulty, he was near me and trying to do whatever he could to help me.

I don't know if it was a real visitation or just a dream, but it did provide great comfort to me.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

So not too long ago, I was missing dad deeply as I always do, but it was deeper than usual. Just asking....begging him to forgive me and how sorry I was I missed calling him on Fathers Day, etc. That night I had a dream that felt so so real, like we were together and talking, though I don't recall what it was about. I woke feeling loved and so warm inside if that makes sense.

That was beautiful. You can forgive yourself now, obviously he does...

ETA: Events surrounding our loved ones death occur just like they are supposed to. You shouldn't blame yourself, although most people do on some level. If only I-- this or that, blaming oneself is part of the grieving process everyone goes thru. There are several stages including blame. This is completely human behavior, shows you are in touch wth your feelings, all are a part of love.

The angst you feel about your loss is part of love, loss is a part of love. Let it out when you feel it (like you're doing), helps us to let it go over time.
edit on 29-3-2017 by intrptr because: ETA:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Take some comfort and realize it was a legitimate visitation by your father. My wife has always had a gift for feeling someone's pain and emotions. It's hard to describe, but she easily feels the emotions of people. Me, I'm the exact opposite.

Anyways, my wife lost her sister back in 2009. They were both very close. Since her death she has had a number of dreams about her and she's always describes it exactly the way you described your dream. Your quote "I woke feeling loved and so warm inside." It's a feeling you've never felt before, right? We'll if it's anything like my wife's dreams, you probably did have a spiritual visit from your father.

My wife has always been told by many mediums she has a gift. She knows it, but is afraid to open the door and use it. She's fearful of bad spirits. I can also verify her sister has left many signs for her and her daughter that are just crazy!!! I wrote a thread about these signs from her sister a few years after she passed. I also included a couple of photos of these signs. You may find some comfort from this thread and photos. I was once a skeptic, but not anymore. Here's the link to the thread...

A Sign From the Other Side, Just Simply Incredible!

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Take some comfort and realize it was a legitimate visitation by your father. My wife has always had a gift for feeling someone's pain and emotions. It's hard to describe, but she easily feels the emotions of people. Me, I'm the exact opposite.

Anyways, my wife lost her sister back in 2009. They were both very close. Since her death she has had a number of dreams about her and she's always describes it exactly the way you described your dream. Your quote "I woke feeling loved and so warm inside." It's a feeling you've never felt before, right? We'll if it's anything like my wife's dreams, you probably did have a spiritual visit from your father.

My wife has always been told by many mediums she has a gift. She knows it, but is afraid to open the door and use it. She's fearful of bad spirits. I can also verify her sister has left many signs for her and her daughter that are just crazy!!! I wrote a thread about these signs from her sister a few years after she passed. I also included a couple of photos of these signs. You may find some comfort from this thread and photos. I was once a skeptic, but not anymore. Here's the link to the thread...

A Sign From the Other Side, Just Simply Incredible!

Both the OP and your wife have been visited. Visitations comes in dreams and visions. This is something I have been investigating for over 20 years....death and so far from what I have found out .... it takes a very strong bond between two people and only a select few are allowed to cross over to visit someone while they sleep..... like they are given permission. Each time the person wakes up feeling they have met that loved one in a dream and they did.

I live in Germany while the rest of my family is in USA. It was hard when my father died and after he died he never came for a visit BUT my mother-in-law did and she made it obvious.

I hope this shows you that there is life after death.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I lost my dad 20 years to the day (it was a single car accident and he was 38 with 2 teenage kids). It's been a rough day, but this thread brought a bit of relief... for many years in my younger 20s up until only a few years ago, I would be periodically visited by him. The dreams were beyond real - to the point of upon waking it took some time to understand it was a dream - but he never communicated verbally and the interaction was always that of "where have you been? I have missed you and we're just glad you're back because we missed you dearly...". There was always a since of reassurance...but never 'closure' (I am not sure there is truly ever 'closure') and the dreams were something I always felt were 'of a purpose' -- I never believed they were random occurrences or something manufactured within the mind. It's been a couple years since he has visited and there never seemed to be any rhyme or reason for the visits, but I truly cherished them and hope to be visited again.

It is truly something beyond reason and may be person/situation/circumstance-specific, but it sounds if your experiences have been those of an earnest, genuine visit from a loved one to attempt to reassure you that love never dies and you will always be loved. As someone who has had many of these visits/experiences, I hope you are able to take from them that you are loved, will be loved, and have nothing to fear when your time comes. Wishing you many blessings and love from a keyboard

RIP 'Big' Tony (1958-1997)
edit on 29-3-2017 by BeefNoMeat because: typo

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

like they are given permission.
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Funny you should mention that... My wife's grandmother visited her in a dream. When she was telling me about her dream she said someone was telling her grandmother "you have to leave now!" This person was like pulling her grandmother as if the window was closing for her to cross back over into the spiritual plane.

Normally I would just think these are just a vivid dreams, but she's had a dream where her sister was crying and told my wife she needed to help her daughter. When she described her dream to her sister's daughter, her daughter confided with my wife that her boss was constantly sexually harassing her and she was afraid to tell her husband about it and didn't want to lose her job.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Back in the late 80's I was left to watch my three daughters during the day. I had a brilliant idea of how easy it was. I laid out a blanket on the living room floor, turned on the tv, and told them it was nap time. We all laid down but only one of us fell asleep. We lived on the corner of a very busy intersection, I had a dream that was silly and very serious at the same time. My grandmother and great aunt(both of whom were dead) climbed in my window from a fire escape(we lived on the first floor) carrying shotguns and woke me up telling me it was urgent there was grave danger. I awoke to find myself alone. After frantically searching the house I looked outside. When I stepped onto the back porch I saw my girls getting ready to cross the street(not at the crosswalk) I yelled at the top of my lungs for them to stay put, vaulted a 6+ ft high privacy fence and got to my girls and brought them home safely. I have never again had such a dream but believe wholeheartedly that my grandmother and her sister saved my girls lives that day. It was the most real dream I have ever had.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I am sorry for all your loss! I had a visit in my dream from my Dad recently. It was beautiful and shocking the same time.

To deal with the loss? I write the feelings out into stories, pour my feelings into them. Maybe you should try too? I know it helped me. I don't know how, but it did.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Stay strong!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I just lost my father Tuesday night. He lived in Florida and I in Michigan. Although he was very near death and had late stage dementia, I had visited him and his wife just before he died. I couldn't afford it really (like I can really afford anything anyway) and I debated my reasoning for the expense, but I don't regret going down there for the visit.

One of the considerations was that I may later regret a decision to not visit considering I had paid all my late bills and had just enough cash left to fly down to Florida. A big hassle and expense for me, but somehow I had the means to do it and I don't have the regret now, although when the bills come again I might be hurting pretty bad financially.

Next is trying to afford the trip across state when they bury his remains up here. However, that will be a far less expensive day trip and hopefully one where I reconnect with living relatives. Somehow I could make the Florida trip and believe I was meant to do so. I feel blessed in that way now.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
My father only visited me once after he died of cancer in 2012. He didn't say a word, just told me everything would be ok "telepathically". He smiled at me and was gone.

I quit my new job when I heard he was dying. Stayed with him until the end......best thing and hardest thing I have ever done. Towards the end, the family started to whisper and fight....then I started to come apart.......it was an ugly family scene and in all....my uncle, my father and my 90 year old grandfather.....all on Dad's side.....died within a 6 month period. My POOR GRANDMOTHER!!!!!

At any rate, the family STILL doesn't speak, the remaining brother stole 100K from my father's estate, sold the orchard my father wanted to keep going....kept the money.......and my father's sister....the executrix....helped him do it......the estate is STILL not settled.......

I bring all of this up because if I were my father....and I COULD come back......and I saw all the hate and anger and fighting over MONEY.....I would stay away too......

but then again......I RARELY dream of people I know in real life.........I know them in my dreams....but they are strangers.....

OP....sorry for your loss.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I am sorry for everyone who has ever experienced loss, and my thoughts go out to the posters in this thread.
I had a dream last night with my father in it, who died around 3 1/2 years ago.
We were at a family event, and I went off for a bit to do something, when I came back to the common area, my father was no longer there. I asked my mom where he went, she said something along the lines of "he had to go" or "he left", I got very upset in my dream. I woke up with tears in my eyes, sat up, drank some water and thought about it for a couple minutes before laying back down.
I think it has something to do with how he died, and when. Right before thanksgiving, my brother and I both had train tickets to go up and see him. Two weeks before, I get a call from my uncle saying my dad got sick one night, went to the hospital and died unexpectedly during the evening. I was pretty upset and shocked at the suddenness of it all.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I'm truly sorry for your losses and that you are still feeling such pain almost a year later. The loss of a parent, especially the one you are closest to...I don't know how we ever get on after that. It's difficult and somehow most of us can find the strength deep inside to keep going, knowing there is so much to live for and be happy for really. Having others who love us makes it easier to find that strength, I think. I have my daughters right now and it's 99,99% all about them at the moment. I had to take a little for me, for my peace of mind and my sanity (or what's left of it rather LOL).
I dreamed of my mother a few months back, first time since she'd passed. It wasn't what I would call a 'good' dream necessarily and if it was some sort of visitation well, it left me with more angst and questions than I had before. I think, now, that the guilt I still feel surrounding her death sort of manifested itself into my dreams that night. I think about her constantly so it's hard to say if I caused (subconsciously) the dream. If it weren't some sort of 'visitation' than it would seem reasonable that I would dream of her every night or at least more often than once in a couple of years.
I hope you have more dreams of him if they are good and you want them.
I still would love to dream of her more, it was so real but I knew oddly that it wasn't and I felt (in the dream) that it wasn't 'right' her and my father being there together in the dream. Anyway, I was angry at myself for waking up (startled awake actually) and wish that she would come back to me and at least finish what she was trying to tell me (if it was some sort of visitation) or so I could at least finish it up and come to some sort of conclusion about why I would have such a dream in the first place.
Hope some of that helped somehow.
Good luck to you and I hope you find peace and your life gets a little easier and happier soon.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
My mother passed away in 2012 and my best friend died in 2015. I know, without a doubt, that these intensely vivid dreams are visitations from beyond.

I was having serious physical and mental health issues several months ago. Life was going to hell in a hand basket - so to speak. Mom and Carolyn visited me the same night in a series of dreams. We met in a place between Heaven and Earth - in a clearing, in the wilderness, there were these rather small cabins and it was such a beautiful, sunny day.

At the dream's end, my Mom said it was time for her to go - like, maybe, they're only given a certain amount of time to be with us? When I woke up, I felt so happy and loved ... a sense of peace had come over me. For some reason, I just knew I'd been in Summerland.

new topics

top topics

join