It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Robert Ortt R-NY and former Sen. Maziarz R-NY, Indicted on Felony Election Law Violations

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I will say I knew this was coming. They had attempted to muddy a local Dem party Chariman, to no conclusion. They are getting their due.

Buffalo News

An Albany County grand jury indicted two state senators Wednesday – one sitting and one retired – on felony election law violations, as part of Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman’s probe of election law fraud in Niagara County.

A spokeswoman for Ortt acknowledged late Wednesday that the senator faces three counts of offering a false instrument for filing. Just hours earlier, he voluntarily appeared before the grand jury probing the campaign finances of Maziarz and the Niagara County Republican Committee.

Ortt refuses to resign.

Former Niagara County Republican Chairman Henry F. Wojtaszek pleaded guilty Wednesday to a misdemeanor election law violation, as well.

It appears Wojtaszek, was offered a plea deal, as told to me by a source that spoke on condition of anonymity.

It is believed the charges stem from an agreement between Meghan Ortt, the senator’s wife, and Synor Marketing and Regency Communications, according to a source close to Ortt. She was under retainer as a graphic designer with the firms. The source contends payments were made directly to Meghan Ortt, and that the couple followed all disclosure requirements and paid all appropriate taxes on her retainer.

The probe centers around Maziarz, the longtime king of Niagara County politics, as well as his campaign committee, according to the sources. Schneiderman is also concentrating on the Niagara County Republican Committee, at one time dominated by Maziarz and his associates.

So, here, we have Republican Election violations. They happen.

edit on 27-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It just might be me but one of them isn't a felony which would make this title misleading.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
It just might be me but one of them isn't a felony which would make this title misleading.

There are 2 being charged with felonies. A third, related person, has pleaded to a misdemeanor in return for testimony.

You should read the article. There are 3 people mentioned here. Not to difficult.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hmmm. Can you believe the person who is having his charges dropped way down because he is testifying against a senator and ex-senator? He could be making it up to save his butt. I will wait to see what comes out of this in court. It might not be nearly as bad as is implied, I would think that the campaign committee with the knowledge of the Senator might have done some wrong things. That is easy to believe, some of those people in power have real big heads and believe they are above the law.

Hopefully we hear how this comes out. It seems you hear about this kind of stuff then never hear how it ends.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

There are 2 being charged with felonies. A third, related person, has pleaded to a misdemeanor in return for testimony.

You should read the article. There are 3 people mentioned here. Not to difficult.

Sorry i just was reading your post instead of the article which left that bit out!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Hmmm. Can you believe the person who is having his charges dropped way down because he is testifying against a senator and ex-senator? He could be making it up to save his butt. I will wait to see what comes out of this in court. It might not be nearly as bad as is implied, I would think that the campaign committee with the knowledge of the Senator might have done some wrong things. That is easy to believe, some of those people in power have real big heads and believe they are above the law.

Hopefully we hear how this comes out. It seems you hear about this kind of stuff then never hear how it ends.
l

It actually all happened. The guy turned to get a lower sentence. I have been following the story for some time with local sources.

I will add the ending later.

edit on 28-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Looks like people from the republican side watched Hillary and Obama get away with felonies so many times that they figured they could do it too, and get away with it. Alas, they figured wrong..Usually only democrats get that special free pass.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Yep, six replies in before the Obama/Hillary card is thrown.

Go figure.

Gotta pass the blame somehow, I guess. smh.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

l

It actually all happened. The guy turned to get a lower sentence. I have been following the story for some time with local sources.

I don't think I would ever want to live in New York. Most of their leaders there are headstrong and pushy. We used to have a congressman like that here long ago, but lately we have been having pretty decent congressmen in our district. I guess New York is not so lucky. I don't know about the politicians from Lower Michigan, there are some bad ones down there I think. We just luck out I guess. The judges here in the court system seem decent too, I know of some that are unreasonable but most of them around here are not that bad. We got it lucky here, we usually have mostly good cops too.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Looks like people from the republican side watched Hillary and Obama get away with felonies so many times that they figured they could do it too, and get away with it. Alas, they figured wrong..Usually only democrats get that special free pass.

ummm... good try, but no. The Repubs in this region had been corrupt for decades.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

l

I don't think I would ever want to live in New York. Most of their leaders there are headstrong and pushy. We used to have a congressman like that here long ago, but lately we have been having pretty decent congressmen in our district. I guess New York is not so lucky. I don't know about the politicians from Lower Michigan, there are some bad ones down there I think. We just luck out I guess. The judges here in the court system seem decent too, I know of some that are unreasonable but most of them around here are not that bad. We got it lucky here, we usually have mostly good cops too.

How do you know if you do not live here?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

Go figure.

LOL, of course it was. Deflection is the only tool they have.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Go figure.

The Obama/Hillary card should be thrown every time government corruption is mentioned.
They did set the standard for it.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Sorry i just was reading your post instead of the article which left that bit out!

The title of my post mentions a Senator, and a former Senator. The post mentions the chair of the Republican party in Niagara County. My post included all 3 of the principles.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Go figure.

The Obama/Hillary card should be thrown every time government corruption is mentioned.
They did set the standard for it.

That is just ridiculous. Not Nixon? not Trump?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

l

This is a big state. Are you talking NYC or the entire state?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

l

I still know a few people who still live in New York, I knew more years ago but they have died over the years. My daughter worked in New york for almost a year so I looked at the news in Upper New york to see what it was like up there. They just had some senator up there that went around the recommendations of not allowing someone from India somewhere in that area, the one he got to the snow shoe thing harrassed a girl too.

It is no secret about those people in high positions in New York. They aren't as bad as some of the Local DC people running things though. New York seems to have problems with politicians, if you don't believe me, look where Hillary and Trump came out of the woodwork from..

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

. It seems you hear about this kind of stuff then never hear how it ends.

I don't understand this statement. Do you have an example?

This is the only post I have made stating I had a source. It is in the middle of the case.

You are online, I will give you time to look.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

l

This is a big state. Are you talking NYC or the entire state?
A big part of New York State, it seems like the bigger city areas. I actually only knew people who live in cities there, Buffalo and New York City. I think one of my cousins now lives in New York, my cousin Jim was there with one of his sisters, he went to visit all his sisters and brothers and kids and neices and nephews, there was thirteen kids in his family. But I never talked to my cousins about that area, I don't do much facebook.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

l

I still know a few people who still live in New York, I knew more years ago but they have died over the years. My daughter worked in New york for almost a year so I looked at the news in Upper New york to see what it was like up there. They just had some senator up there that went around the recommendations of not allowing someone from India somewhere in that area, the one he got to the snow shoe thing harrassed a girl too.

It is no secret about those people in high positions in New York. They aren't as bad as some of the Local DC people running things though. New York seems to have problems with politicians, if you don't believe me, look where Hillary and Trump came out of the woodwork from..

You knew some people in upstate NY? You think there was someone who didn;t allow someone from India? Sounds like Facebook stuff, really.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join