It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elouina Finds Liberal Twitter Bot Network

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The only thing Twitter represents is the ever-decreasing attention span of America.

Oh, that and selfies.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's for spreading democracy to countries that have internet. It's irrelevant to America in the first place.

Or, is it? Dum-dun-dn-tst.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MacK80

It's for spreading democracy to countries that have internet. It's irrelevant to America in the first place.

Or, is it? Dum-dun-dn-tst.

Spreading Democracy 140 characters At a Time??? LOL.

Actually, that would be a good title for President Trump's memoirs ... and by good I mean gut-bustingly ironic.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

It combats censorship and creates Group think well, something good for overthrowing a Government.

Because of this concept, applied to "Retweet" alone, along with sending general messages, Twitter was constitute to the organization necessary in Egypt that caused revolted and demand for reform. Now, that reform is considered to be a failure, but they are now welcome to explore the world of Sham Democracies, rather than directly being oppressed by a clear dictator.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MacK80

But in America? Yeah the selfie serves greatest purpose I think.

My hopes is that Trump in general isn't using this information as a 'strategy' to gain and hold his power.

In the analogy, X is not supposed to be a main force on Twitter also.
edit on 27-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I use facebook mostly to keep in touch with family. I share dog videos and tasteful memes, while browsing memes that are horribly distasteful for my own amusement. And i suffer through people's Snapchat filters.

Beyond that, i don't like to be social so keep my social media to a minimum.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Yeah. Facebook sees me post archaeology snippets that interest me and pug videos.

I wish my old friends happy birthday annually.

I don't think I have more than 20 tweets to my name.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Imagine a place like Facebook with no actual goal, and purposeful character limits that makes every piece of content spam.

Welcome to Twitter!

Twitter would be one of the Internets most powerful tools, and is often wrote about how powerful it is, but this is under conditions that 90% of the people using it would understand what it's for.

It's for 'voting' for singular messages that are small. That's actually why there is a limit to the length of messages. Retweeting a book looses value in the concept that people agree with what you're saying 'to the letter'. If you say "I love Trump!" There are a lot of people that can to the letter agree with that, for example, and less writing is needed to see that data that x people trend that message. It skips manipulated ideas like 'most people think this' as the goal of it's data collecting; it's exact figures, if people use it correctly, but they don't.

Retweet in general is a particularlly funny function on Twitter because of how many people that don't know what it's for, retweeting messages they disagree with, or using it as a 'reply' function, or seeing that retweets are tracked, so they retweet messages thinking it's 'subscribe'.

Funfact: If you type ANYTHING additional in your 'retweet' you destroyed the purpose of retweeting it to data collectors. So there goes like 75% of them alone right there. The goal is 'what messages are unanimously agreed with?'. But, god help them, no one actually knows this. The people that use Twitter probably assume they're trying to compete with Reddit.

In short though, there are interesting things that could be tweeted that just aren't. I would be interested in seeing how many people retweeted "I think Jesus is real." but getting the community to abide to those standards rather than conversational ones is impossible. The simplicity most Tweets require to function is never even met at 140 characters.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ummm...no kidding...sounds like a few of the feedback loop bots here on ATS...no wonder it sounds like an echo chamber in here...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: elouina

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: elouina

Most audited Twitter accounts have fake followers. Trump's numbers of fake followers are probably highest. You can buy active followers for Twitter, FB, Instagram. Most are not bot networks. They are actually people paid to follow and then make useful comments.

Here you go, I am a data kind of gal.

Then use the correct data

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: elouina

??

Oo. Lol. Nice find.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

You're not saying a conservative would stage the facts to make it look better for their side are you?

Gosh, that's almost like ... using fake Twitter accounts.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Taggart

You're not saying a conservative would stage the facts to make it look better for their side are you?

Gosh, that's almost like ... using fake Twitter accounts.

I think both sides can be equally bad, it's just there's more of the right on here (or at least liking and starring every post with the word TRUMP in it), the selective evidence of some on here is astounding.

I'd like someone to find me another politicians account with more than 6 million fake followers like Trumps, don't think it will happen.

They'll just dodge the fact he has 6 million FAKE followers, I'm surprised they haven't done a 180 and claimed twitter Audit is a leftist shill organisation out to get Trump.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

They'll just dodge the fact he has 6 million FAKE followers, I'm surprised they haven't done a 180 and claimed twitter Audit is a leftist shill organisation out to get Trump.

Just wait.

Isn't it fascinating, given your well-placed comment, that there are those who don't recognize that they are activated by words like "liberal" "progressive" "Demorcrat" etc?

No one's ever said anything bad about liberals on here before ... didn't you know?

LOL

Agree that both "sides" are equally bad. I keep trying to add another axis, but so far, not much luck.
edit on 27-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

It doesn't really do a lot except for a popularity issue,

Popularity is what this whole thing is about. Dare I say,what everything is about?
edit on America/Chicago31Mon, 27 Mar 2017 12:31:52 -05001200000027 by eirgud because: i had to fill this out.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
hey um
guys we know bots aren't sentient, right?
they can't have a political affiliation, they can't be liberal? or anything else for that matter?
bots just go for keywords, and those keywords can be anything at all
some of them go after 'liberal' keywords, some after 'conservative' ones
not to push any particular agenda, but to generate traffic
that's all that matters to bots

and not only that but dealing with bots is just a part of modern social media
like i feel pretty safe guaranteeing that even in the Serious About Cooking section of twitter there'd be bots.
i mean unless i've stumbled on the sinister Jamie Oliver agenda?

maybe try being a shade less partisan?

Nonsense... We are dealing with a new shade of evil trickery. Not only are they bots, they're voddamn dirty draft-dodging LIBERAL bots! We are Bruce Lee in the hall of mirrors vs the guy with the badass claw hand weapon, and everytime we strike the enemy, it was just another "reflection" (bot)... Deceptive little bastards, these Leftists.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MacK80

A functional twitter that serves a purpose, and with useful, mature users, with structured voting? Sounds like you have an idea for a website that has not yet been created...

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Yeah I only have to get around the legal issue that it's twitter exactly, and already exists, patents and everything.

This also WAS incorporated into the design purposefully, the devs cannot control the community, this was their sam-ish goal that just failed. Any sub community(Like ATS for example) could start to use Twitter effectively to track their own data in the same manner. That's the closest it comes to the dream. Twitter as a whole has no perspective in the data tracking do to global misuse.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Annee

He knows it's not one sided. But that's the narrative that he wants to push. He's a propagandist like probably half the members accounts on here now.

Pot meet kettle.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join