It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visits from beyond

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I awoke this morning to a bright light that seemed to come out of nowhere. I didn't quite know what I was seeing. Then I got a call from my sister that my mother had passed away.

I lost it. She was doing so well.

I now believe the light was her spirit. Still numb!

My sister doesn't believe in this, but I know what I saw.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar
Not much to say other than I am sorry for your loss.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Sad to hear KT.

Condolences to you and yours,

kind regards,

bally

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Thank you, I am just so numb right now and hoping for some messages from her

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Thank you dear Bally

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I won't be on for a little - anyone who believes in prayer please pray for her, Thank you all

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
There is no need to thank me. If you don't mind me asking, was your mother suffering from a long illness, was she elderly?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I believe you are correct. When my aunt died I visited my Mother, whom I knew had a history of "experiences." I had kind of a hunch, so I asked her if anything happened. She told me that "Sister" had come to her in a dream and said, "I just thought I would say goodbye."

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Really sorry for your loss.

Take comfort she will be around you.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Many people long for an experience like that. I'm glad for you that she gave you one.

I'm so sorry you lost your dear mother.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

You know, I took a bit of a break from the internet and come back to this. I didn't even plan to log in, maybe not ever again.

I knew it was my father's final days and I was pushing myself far, far past my own breaking point to spend time with him and take care of him. I simply didn't have the energy, or patience, for the internet.

Several days ago, he passed away. Moments after those final breaths, I was filled with an inexplicable, boundless joy. In my head, I thought that was wrong and I fought it but I couldn't. The tank was empty and I accepted it.

Days later, it has not relented or decreased.

There is a ton that we just don't know, even if we would like to think otherwise. Roll with it templar. It'll be ok.

Those of us "left behind" will simply have to be there for each other.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I'm sorry for your loss Serdgiam!

I'm completely drained right now, but praying for that acceptance, she died alone though in bed and I'm just praying that she was asleep, hoping for more signs

You're right though, puts a new perspective on being there for others.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

She was 77. She had heart surgery last fall, then suffered a stroke. We were in and out of hospitals for awhile, but she recently was walking great, talking fine, healthy appetite. She just learned how to use Facebook messenger and would message every night. I got worried cause I hadn't heard from her in a couple days.

Another family member had checked on her, because we all rotate due to work schedules, and she said she was ok.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Thank you to all for the kind words, need to try and rest xo

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Very sad. Words seem hopelessly inadequate for situations like this, in fact I'm not sure that any words actually exist that could even begin to address such losses. I hope there are people around you who will be able to help you through the days to come. The ATS community will be here for you and I, as a member of that community, am here as well.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Thank you, I'm truly sorry for yours as well.

I put my grief aside for just a moment after his death, and this feeling came rushing in.. I've never done it with any other loss, but a momentary lapse in my own focus and thinking bloomed into something very.. profound.

Sometimes these things, like seeing your light, may seem so simple yet are profound and staggering in their impact. But, only if we can put aside our own noise for just a moment.

I keep telling myself its just a coping mechanism, but it all hit me like a freight train that will not stop. It was an instantaneous shift in some fundamental parts of my perspective. A shift that I really don't believe I had the energy to make for myself. It just feels the same as knowing the sun will rise. Obviously, plenty will discard it all, but that's ok.

Maybe contemplate that light a bit? Try to quiet the noise of your own grief, or void of it, if only for a moment. Not so much to "figure it out," but maybe there is more waiting for you to discover and the light was just a guide like a lighthouse to a ship lost in the fog.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Try not to concentrate on the light and take care of your spirit and your body. It takes a while to get past the loss of one's mother. It will never completely go away and be grateful for your time with her. Thiking good thoughts sent to you for peace in your deepest soul. So sorry for this tragic loss.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I am sorry for your loss.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Now you have your proof that bodily death is not the end of the spirit.
She truly "passed" as people sometimes say, and moved on.
A personal loss for you, to be sure, so I'm sorry for your loss.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss, it definitely could have been your mother's​ spirit looking over you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join