It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Days to Die Starvation Mod.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Anyone playing this?

For those of you who have played 7D2D and thought it got boring, I have to tell you, the Zombies are the least of your worries playing this mod! I HATE it! But only because of all the other threats besides the Z's like spiders, tigers, SNAKES, hyenas, rhinos, etc etc....

It still IS the core 7 Days to Die game, BUT with the addition of deadly animals that to be honest make seeing a zombie seem like nothing! Anyhow, if anyone is playing it let me know, I am actually thinking about renting a server to do some multiplayer.

Anyhow, either way, wondering if anyone else on ATS has given this mod a whirl...

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I play on and off. I have checked this mod out but not to its fullest yet.
7d2dforumfanatics.enjin.com...
home sweet home

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Bought 7DTD short after i was bored from Rust, and disappointed, because of the lack of content and the speed of development. Then the same with 7DTD, and around 15 or 20 other "survival" early access/alpha "games".

Nevertheless i played 7DTD from time to time, but, since years, without this bugged and never fixed(they know always where you are and/or spawn in your base, etc) and, tbh, boring Z´s, that had to be in every game/movie/series at that time. Now we are 4 or 5 years after alpha release, and it´s still in alpha(like all the other early access/alpha tech demos). Updates, with luck, every six months. Those updates destroy half of the game everytime, the graphics are now outdated as hell and those zombies more boring and bugged than ever. Major bugs still got not fixed, bugs that appeared in the first weeks after release(Z spawn behaviour, for example).

The worst is, it is not a survival game, but a 24/7 tower defense game(playing with Z´s) with some crafting and building elements that are ok. So maybe i will give that mod a try, so one has at least a threat from wild animals. If i wanna play 7DTD ever again, maybe after the next update.

Right now i am playing Arma3 Exile on our server, with a ton of mods and scripts, which make it a survival game in a modern theme, with other survivors, civilians, police-, special forces-, military raids and stuff, after the next stock market crash, when we fled to an island, away from the centre of the whole crisis.

But even there it is hard to live a life in peace and survive...

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I Got this game never got around to play it , having a hard time finding a good substitute to the legendary ARMA 2 day-z mod...almost no survival game overshadows the amazing memories i got from this game.

I really miss those days , running around on Chernarus or Panthera chasing those shots in the distance.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Yes, dayz is the only way to fly. Are you playing the stand alone? I know it's horribly broken but I still can't stop! I love ruining someone's day.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I play on and off. I have checked this mod out but not to its fullest yet.
7d2dforumfanatics.enjin.com...
home sweet home

Yea, it is a love hate thing for me! Just getting to a shelter to survive the 1st night is quite the struggle! Vanilla was great while it lasted, but Starvation is something the Fun Pimps should really pay attention too in future updates!

I am quite sure the dude who lives in the apartment below me wonders why he hears me SCREAMING FU YOU $%$%$$ THIS IS BS YOU %$$%^^$! lmao
edit on 25-3-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

They should and could do plenty. The modding community has kept their project going IMO. Pimps is the proper term used in describing their business practice as of late which is sad considering the awesome foundation they laid.

Vanilla is too kind of word to use.

/rant off

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

They should and could do plenty. The modding community has kept their project going IMO. Pimps is the proper term used in describing their business practice as of late which is sad considering the awesome foundation they laid.

Vanilla is too kind of word to use.

/rant off

Yea, but you know what, compared to the many other Alpha games out there, I do have to say the Fun Pimps have given me more hours of enjoyment than many of the AAA games out there!

I was a big fan of Savage Lands, but they seem to have abandoned that project to start another to finish that one! Odd how game creators follow some of the shoddy construction companies out there?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I won't lie. I've gotten my monies worth. No question.

All I'm saying is that without the mod guys, this game wouldn't have been but a blip...and The Walking Dead sure didn't hurt.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm playing it on Xbox....it gets frustrating at how broken things are and even more the pace at which the get "fixed"
But after reading the ops title I loaded the game up for hopefully some fun

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
I'm playing it on Xbox....it gets frustrating at how broken things are and even more the pace at which the get "fixed"
But after reading the ops title I loaded the game up for hopefully some fun

Yea, if you are playing it on Xbox you are at the mercy of Hello Games. They bought the right to port it from the Fun Pimps. I believe you are playing Alpha 14? Anyhow, those of us who play on PC are on Alpha 15 anxiously awaiting Alpha 16 to be released any day now.

Hopefully Hello Games will Port Alpha 15 over to you guys on the consoles!

new topics

top topics

join