It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'American' Health Care Bill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
How is it even possible that these are sticking points conservatives want to get rid of:

1) Medical care for addiction.
2) Mental Health Benefits
3) Maternity benefts.
4) Prescription drug benefits.

As for #1--That medical care would obviously reduce costs on law enforcement, welfare and countless other things.

As for #2--Same answer.

As for #3-- Conservatives tell people they don't like abortion, that you should have that baby even if find you are pregnant within weeks but will now want to remove coverage for having the baby as an insurance requirement. The exchanges had a hefty co pay for that to begin with. Now none of it would be covered, That is madness.

As for #4-- This will hurt the elderly and the ill. I know I would have to drop all prescriptions except 1. The generic is about $30 na month with a discount card. The rest, like 2 different inhalers for uncomplicated asthma...I would not be able to get as well as multiple other prescriptions. My life would pretty much fall apart.

This plan is crap. There are odd underlying reasons why hard conservatives won't vote for it though....they think it gives too much. It is actually 3rd world coverage at best.

I read that Emergency room care was 'too much' for some conservatives.

Some also stated they want 'able bodied adults' to work to get Medicaid. Most getting Medicaid already work. It's all nonsense.

They need to make a REAL healthcare plan, one that doesn't exponentially increase government costs down the line.

You would think they were mentally challenged to even try this.

The CBO has stated again that this will cover less people and cost more than Obamacare. People 55-64, about, would see premiums more than double.

edit on 23-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

My solution is: don't get sick, and if you do get sick, get better.

Also, self-surgery is recommended.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Before we get any government issued health care we need luxury taxes on fast food and junk food.

It can be expensive eating healthy, hence our obesity crisis especially with the lower income families.

And something needs to be done with big pharma, that is one of the most expensive facets for insurance companies.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

My solution is: don't get sick, and if you do get sick, get better.

That is what many of us will have to do.

Reminds me of the Finale of the show "The Knick"

Can start video at 5:07. WARNING, mature content.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
You must be under the impression that Trump supporters (conservatives mainly) would disagree with him about something. They just go with the flow, wherever Trump goes they follow.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Before we get any government issued health care we need luxury taxes on fast food and junk food.

It can be expensive eating healthy, hence our obesity crisis especially with the lower income families.

And something needs to be done with big pharma, that is one of the most expensive facets for insurance companies.

That is not our largest health expense. It would take a lot of arguing to say what fast food and junk food is.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Us 1%er's have our own live in doctors. Plus all the blood of the innocent's keeps me youthful anyway.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Us 1%er's have our own live in doctors. Plus all the blood of the innocent's keeps me youthful anyway.

Lol, I thought so, you illuminati Mason guy.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Well then to your point we need to find the root of why health care is so taxing on insurance.

I'm a young man in almost perfect health, my health insurance is 360 a month, outrageous.

But if the government picks it up then I'll just end up paying way more taxes. So what would be the difference?

There is something we need to fix before the government picks up the bill.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I thought it was all that kale...

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
You must be under the impression that Trump supporters (conservatives mainly) would disagree with him about something. They just go with the flow, wherever Trump goes they follow.

Actually, Trump is trying to pass this ridiculous plan asis, but conservatives think that certain requirements would 'give too much'. It is HORRENDOUS as is and conservatives want to make it WORSE.

I didn't think that was possible, therefore, my OP.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I thought it was all that kale...

Right! I meant it is all the 'kale' I eat. So yummy. Clean up is a snap too.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Well then, I guess you are at least pleased at the part where you will not be forced to get it then, right? Because that would suck, if you were forced to get it, and it was still crap insurance.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Well then to your point we need to find the root of why health care is so taxing on insurance.

I'm a young man in almost perfect health, my health insurance is 360 a month, outrageous.

But if the government picks it up then I'll just end up paying way more taxes. So what would be the difference?

There is something we need to fix before the government picks up the bill.

This new plan might make your monthly cost $500. The new plan is just bad. The current plan may need fixing, but it is working. As many insurance companies that say the don't like it, there are the same number saying they are prospering from it.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Well then, I guess you are at least pleased at the part where you will not be forced to get it then, right? Because that would suck, if you were forced to get it, and it was still crap insurance.

No, I am not pleased. The entire idea that people were forced to be insured was that the uninsured were using the ER as a doctor and those costs were passed onto the insured.

Obamacare insured almost everyone, they could go to a doctor rather than the ER that costs 50x times more. Most of the uninsured were people who were employed.

We are on the brink of a horrible healthcare situation, just because greedy people, 'especially the Freedom Caucus (love these ironic names)' think it gives TOO MUCH. It doesn't promise even the bare minimum a country as great as ours should expect.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Sure helped cut down those costs for the rest of us, all those folks having insurance.

*eyeroll*

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Nothing you can't fix with some aspirin, gin, a wooden spoon, and an exacto knife. Peroxide splash and duct tape it up

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Nothing you can't fix with some aspirin, gin, a wooden spoon, and an exacto knife. Peroxide splash and duct tape it up

I have a very solid practical understanding of human anatomy due to my, uh, hobbies.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I have a very solid practical understanding of human anatomy due to my, uh, hobbies.

You're not from Wisconsin are you?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Does it count if I was in Chicago today? It's fairly close.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join