It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we need to antagonize the Chinese when the Chinese aren't patrolling our coast or airspace?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

"Chinese officials warned a US military aircraft flying near South Korea Sunday, telling its pilots that they were illegally operating in Chinese airspace and ordering the American plane to leave, a US defense official told CNN.The pilots of the US Air Force B-1B Lancer bomber responded to the Chinese air traffic controllers, saying that they were conducting routine operations in international airspace and did not deviate from their flight path, according to US Pacific Air Forces spokesman Maj. Phil Ventura."

This can't be necessary. It's seems like a waste of tax dollars to antagonize the Chinese when the Chinese military is not provoking the US with air or sea patrols. It's impolite. Grandstanding. And after getting 14k Russian soldiers killed arming illegal combatants like the Mujahadeen maybe its time for the US military and the CIA to act humbly.

There is honor in humility.
edit on 23-3-2017 by Miracula2 because: grammar

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Hoping for an international incident they can use as a pretext for escalation. Bullies always play that. Blaming their victims for what they are doing to them.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It's amazing isn't it. The Chinese didn't get to stirred up when we annexed Iraq.

If it were reciprocal, it would be understandable flying B1's over their new island.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The Chinese do a lot of crap behind the scenes. You will likely see the US and China have 60's level or worse proxy fights in Africa, or your children will. It's the next big contest.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
The Chinese do a lot of crap behind the scenes. You will likely see the US and China have 60's level or worse proxy fights in Africa, or your children will. It's the next big contest.

I really have no idea what you just said.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Maybe its time for another ship to run aground.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

The Hague tells China to back off but not the Islamic extremist immigrants?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Because South Korea is an ally the the USA.

And the Chinese not provoking the US?

What a laugh that is!

What, in your words, do you think is going on in the South China sea right now?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
And CNN wonders why they weren't invited by Trump

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Because South Korea is an ally the the USA.

And the Chinese not provoking the US?

What a laugh that is!

The the?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Are you saying that China isn't a bully???

Anyone anti American is good on your eyes, aren't they?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

It's amazing isn't it. The Chinese didn't get to stirred up when we annexed Iraq.

If it were reciprocal, it would be understandable flying B1's over their new island.

We realize of course that the issue driving tensions there in the South China Sea isn't about some "island" or old feuds, but resources. Conquering lands is always about resources. You mention Iraq and rightly so, there its also about the oil.

Why is this area so important to all these countries?

The South China Sea is one of the most important trade routes in the world. At least $5 trillion of commercial goods pass through the area each year.

The area is also thought to have a significant amount of oil and gas reserves. The U.S. Department of Energy estimates that there are 11 billion barrels of oil and 190 trillion cubic feet of natural gas in proven and probable reserves.

Huffington

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Rambo. I remember something my mother said to me. "People are promoted to their highest level of incompetence."

Sort of like John McCain tweeting about an Arab Spring to Russia after the Beslan School Incident. A real war hero would have put his POW experience behind the deaths of children.

And I don't have much use for the people who voted for McCain either.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
We realize of course that the issue driving tensions

The Chinese don't drive tensions. The US does that fairly well.

Their ships aren't off our coast.
edit on 23-3-2017 by Miracula2 because: (no reason given)

I think the Chinese are testing US hypocrisy. They don't meddle in US affairs in Iraq, or do they?
edit on 23-3-2017 by Miracula2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

How about answering my question?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
How can you justify spending trillions of dollars on the military if you do not have any credible threats. Either you provoke Russia, China, or Iran. Or, you create some CIA black ops in the middle east to create false flag operations with US military equipment. Hmmmmm, what would you call such a false flag operation....

edit on 23-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typo

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

The Chinese don't drive tensions. The US does that fairly well.

Their ships aren't off our coast.

I know that. Us interest is recent, the region is disputed by several local nations, some of those disputes go back centuries...

From the article I linked up the page /.

Who is fighting over the area?

The South China Sea is surrounded by several southeastern Asian countries, including China, Taiwan, the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia and Vietnam — all of which have made overlapping claims to territory.

link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Hoping for an international incident they can use as a pretext for escalation. Bullies always play that. Blaming their victims for what they are doing to them.

This video. I remembering seeing this on TV as a young child like 25 years ago.

link   
Why is this is the Freshman Forum?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

How about answering my question?

Okay, here you have a country that invades Iraq. The US. The US allows religions to operate threaten people within its memberships who stand up to their failed ideology. I am an honorably discharged rescue swimmer from the Coast Guard. Excuse me but when I ask polite questions about Brigham Young's statements about six foot tall quakers on the moon and cult members threaten to abduct me in the name of Jesus then the US can't even clean up its own back yard, let alone need to be sailing our ships past a country which will soon surpass the US with the highest Christian population (but the Bible is false as evidenced by the contradictions in Genesis 10 which says that each tribe had then own language and in the very next chapter says that the entire world spoke one language), and yet China doesn't allow cults to operate.

I saw someone passing out pamphlets at my local library. They were trying to generate sympathy for cults that China is organ harvesting. I took the pamphlet. I wanted to learn. I found out that China was killing people who were involved in cults that had killed 21 year old college girls. Good for China. And spit on the pamphlets that people are passing out at their local library.

Let the organ harvesting begin.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join