It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Physical Appearance Of the gods According To Ancient Text.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
On this thread we will observe ancient texts from different cultures & see how each culture described the physical appearance of their gods , I will mainly focus on physical traits like Body/physique, skin , eyes ect.

Two points I want to make:

1) I will use examples of gods as well as demi-gods , I will also provide links incase you're not familiar with the names of these deities.

2) I will only use text from Ancient cultures. So Irish , Germanic , Norse literature will NOT be included.

Unfortunately due to the large body of material I will have to brake this down into 4 posts , on each post I will discuss:

1) The Hindu gods
2) The Greek gods
3) The Sumerian gods
4) The Hebrew & Mayan gods

Hindu gods

The oldest Hindu literature is known as the The Vedas , a collection of hymns and other religious texts composed in India around 1200 BCE. It includes elements such as mythological accounts, poems & prayers which formed the basis of the Hindu religion.

This is how the ancient Hindus describe their gods:

Species/Race:

Thee, Agni, as a herald and choice-worthy guest, as an auspicious Friend to the Celestial Race. - [Rig Veda 1]

Hair:

"...hadst pleasure in their lauds, O Indra golden-haired." - [Rig Veda 10]

"O Surya with the golden hair , ascend for us day after day." - [Rig Veda 10]

"At the swift draught the Soma-drinker [Indra] waxed in might, the Iron One with yellow beard and yellow hair." - [Rig Veda 10]

"To her ….to this golden-locked Nirriti (goddess of misfortune), I have rendered obeisance." - [Adharva Veda]

"For new prosperity we seek to Agni, him whose course is splendid, gold-haired, excellently bright" - [Rig Veda 3]

"O Surya with the golden hair, ascend for us." [Rig Veda 10]

"With flashing teeth and beard of gold, deft with his unabated might." [Rig Veda 5]

skin:

"The mighty Thunderer [Indra] with his fair-complexioned friends won the land, the sunlight, and the waters." - [Rig Veda 1]

"To him , Rudra the strong , great , fair-complexioned I utter forth a mighty hymn of praises". - [Rig Veda 2]

"...he smote the Dasyus (natives/servants?) , and gave protection to the Aryan colour." [Rig Veda 3]

Body/physique:

There isn’t much discussed about the physique of the Hindu gods but we are told that they had giant offspring called “Asuras” , Asuras are described in Indian texts as powerful superhuman demigods with good or bad qualities. The good Asuras [giants] were called Adityas , while the malevolent giants are called Danavas.

“The gods and the Asuras [giants] were in conflict: the Asuras conquered the gods, the gods being defeated became the servants of the Asuras; from them power and strength departed; Indra perceived this; he departed in pursuit of it; he could not win it.” - [Yajur Veda 2]

“Then the gods prospered, the Asuras [giants] were defeated.” [Yajur Veda 2]

“Slayer of Asuras [giants] he became in his might.” - [Yajur Veda 4]

- Yajur Veda 2 “BRING song and hymn to Agni, Asura-slayer” – [Rig Veda 7]

Recap:

According to ancient Hindu texts the gods & their descendants:

• Had golden-yellow hair
• Were giant-like
• Were fair-complexioned

edit on 21-3-2017 by ancienthistorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The Greek gods

The earliest surviving works of ancient Greek literature are the epic poems of the Liad & The Odyssey from Homer and the works of Hesoid , both Homer & Hesoid were the very first authors of Greek mythology before them ancient greek stories were orally passed down.

The literature of Homer dates back to 850BC and the literature of Hesoid dates back around 750BC. This is how they described their gods:

Species/Race:

(In many of these ancient texts the gods were described as a "superior race" where they & their descendants would normally distance themselves from the human race.)

"I too am a god and of the same race with yourself."

"But even on him too did heaven send misfortune, for there is no race of royal children born to him."

"Then Aeneas answered [Achilles] , We know one another's race and parentage as matters of common fame"

"the race of demigods had bitten the dust"

“yet another, which was nobler and more righteous, a god-like race of hero-men who are called demi-gods, the race before our own.”
- [Homer Liad , 850 B.C]

Body/Physique

The word “Titan” means a person or thing of enormous size/strength/power , These Titan-gods like Zeus & Poseidon would eventually sleep with earth woman who then begot giant offspring [demi-gods] , some giants became Heros & servants to the Titans , while others became Tyrants & enemies of the Titan-gods.

"Iphimedeia, whose boast it was to have lain beside Poseidon. She bore him two sons, Otos and far-famed Ephialtes; these were the tallest men, and the handsomest ; their breadth was nine cubits, their height nine fathoms”

"Goddess," replied Odysseus, "do not be angry with me about this. I am quite aware that my wife Penelope is nothing like so tall or so beautiful as yourself. She is only a woman, whereas you are an immortal"

"Eurymedon, who at one time reigned over the giants"

"but when they got there they found his wife to be a giantess"

- [Homer Odyssey , 850 B.C]

"Tlepolemus, son of Hercules, a man both brave and large of stature"

- [Homer Liad , 850 B.C]

Hair:

The most frequent words regarding hair is (χρυσοῦς = golden ) , (ξανθός = yellow) , (μαλλιά = haired )

"And golden-haired Dionysus [son of Zeus] made brown-haired Ariadne, the daughter of Minos, his buxom wife”
- (Hesoid ; the homeric hymns 750B.C)

"Next to him, yellow-haired Menelaus son of Atreus [grandson of Zeus]"
- [Homer Liad , 850 B.C]

“Athena came down from heaven (the sky): She stood behind him and held him back by his long yellow hair. No other man saw her but Achilles alone."
- [Homer Liad , 850 B.C]

"Achilles then bethought him of another matter. He went and cut off the yellow lock which he had let grow"
- [Homer Liad , 850 B.C]

"Men say that you [Achilles] are son to noble Peleus [grandson of Zeus], and that your mother is Thetis, fair-haired daughter of the sea ."
- [Homer Liad , 850 B.C]

"There yellow-haired Rhadamanthus [son of Zeus] reigns"

(Note: the demi-god Rhadamanthus also had a brother called "Sarpadon" who was also depicted on vase paintings as a yellow/red hair giant)

"after these Antiope the queen, daughter of the aged son of Nauboius, bare her youngest child, golden-haired Iolea."

"Verily wise Zeus carried off golden-haired Ganymedes because of his beauty"
- [Hesoid ; the homeric hymns 750B.C]

"you shall lose all your yellow hair......As she spoke Athena touched him with her wand and took away all his yellow hair." - [Homer Odyssey , 850 B.C]

"...the warrior Mulius. He was son-in-law to Augeas, having married his eldest daughter, golden-haired Agamede."- [Homer Liad , 850 B.C]

(We can see the that the words of both "golden-haired" and "rich-haired" is the exact same, Here the goddess Demeter is described as being both golden & rich haired in the same sentence)

"First he sent Iris to call rich-haired Demeter. But golden-haired Demeter sat there apart from all the blessed gods and stayed, wasting with yearning for her deep-bosomed daughter."

(In that case there are over 50 deities in greek mythology mentioned with "rich hair")

"rich-haired Helen [daughter of Zeus]"......

“the rich-haired Nymphs, daughters of Zeus"......

rich-haired Rhea [mother of Zeus]"......

"Apollo, god of the silver bow, whom rich-haired Leto bare."

Eyes:

The most frequent ancient greek words here is γλαυκός (glaukos) meaning "clear bright blue" and γλαυκῶπις (glaukopis) meaning “bright-eyed” in some cases also translated as “blue-eyed”.

"Then straightway large-eyed queenly Hera prayed"

"Bright-eyed Muses, tell of the Tyndaridae, the Sons of Zeus, glorious children...delighting in the finery which the bright-eyed daughter of a mighty father had given her."

"very wise children were destined to be born of her, first the maiden bright-eyed Tritogeneia."

"So said the bright-eyed goddess and swiftly got up into the car with victory."

"And bright-eyed Athene went thence to great Olympus."

"....and Zeus's blue-eyed daughter"

"On this Athena came close up to him and said, "Son of Arceisius—best friend I have in the world—pray to the blue-eyed damsel, and to Zeus her father.”

The greek Geographer Pausania (110 -180 AD) made this remark regarding a particular statue of the goddess Athena:

“But when I saw that the statue of Athena had blue eyes I found out that the legend about them is Libyan. For the Libyans say that she is a daughter of Poseidon and the Tritonian lake, and that she, like Poseidon, has blue eyes.”

- [Pausanias Description of Greece , 150 A.D]

The only reference of dark eyes I could find was the daughter of King Ceyx mentioned by Hesoid:

“for you [Heracles] are married to his daughter, dark-eyed Themistonoe.”

Skin:

"The goddess went dazed and in pain and with her fair skin all besmirched." - [Homer Liad , 850 B.C]

"Zeus's daughter Aphrodite, who had conceived him by Anchises when he was herding cattle, been quick to mark, and thrown her two white arms about the body of her dear son."
- [Homer Liad , 850 B.C]

"we laid you [Achilles] on your bed and cleansed your fair skin with warm water and with ointments"

"ambrosial loveliness that Aphrodite wears when she goes dancing with the Graces;...while as for her complexion it was whiter than sawn ivory. "

"I will sing of Aphrodite, gold-crowned and beautiful, They clothed her
with heavenly garments: and adorned her with golden necklaces over her soft neck and snow-white breasts"

- [Homer]

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The Sumerian gods

The Sumerian gods or the Anunnaki is a subject most of us here on ATS are familiar with , but there isn't much discussed about their appearance , I decided to look at the Sumerian Text corpus to see what I could find regarding their physical appearance.
The following text are from ancient Mesopotamian tablets with their titles ontop , these tablets dates back roughly 1500 to 2000 B.C. which makes it one of the oldest written records:

Species/race:
(The word "race" isn't present in Mesopotamian tablets however words like "good semen" is often used showing the obsession of their bloodline)

Enki and the world order: c.1.1.3

"I [Enlil] am the good semen , I am the first born of An."

"Very good semen, very good seed, Ninurta, chosen by Enlil!"

"Enlil, king of all the lands, has had sex with me! ...."The seed of your lord, the bright seed, is in my womb. The seed of Suen, the bright seed, is in my womb." "My master's seed can go up to the heavens! "

"When Father Enki goes forth to the inseminated people, good seed will come forth."

Body/Phsyique:

A praise poem of Lipit-Eštar (Lipit-Eštar A): c.2.5.5.1

I am a king treated with respect, good offspring from the womb. I am Lipit-Eštar, the son of Enlil. I have been a man who possesses strength in athletic pursuits. As a young man I grew very muscular (?).

A praise poem of Išme-Dagan (Išme-Dagan A + V): c.2.5.4.01

"Išme-Dagan, the mighty man with muscles and body of a lion "

A hymn to Numušda for Sîn-iqīšam (Sîn-iqīšam A): c.2.6.7.1

"God with the limbs of a bison, decorous to behold"

A balbale to Ningišzida (Ningišzida A): c.4.19.1

"Ningišzida....King, wild bull with tall limbs."

An adab to Ninurta for Lipit-Eštar (Lipit-Eštar D): c.2.5.5.4

"she has made your figure strong , she has made your limbs massive."

A hymn to Asarlu?i (Asarlu?i A): c.4.01.1

"Lordly son of the abzu, he is Marduk, Tall in stature."

Sargon and Ur-Zababa: c.2.1.4

"Sargon, lay down to dream. In the dream, holy Inana drowned Ur-Zababa in a river of blood. When King Ur-Zababa heard about this Sargon answered his king: "My king, this is my dream, There was a young woman [Inana] who was as high as the heavens and as broad as the earth...."

Inana and Enki: c.1.3.1

"Go now! The fifty giants of Eridug are to take the Boat of Heaven away from her!"

A praise poem of Šulgi (Šulgi C): c.2.4.2.03

"I am fair of mouth with well-formed lips."

An adab to Inana for Rīm-Sîn (Rīm-Sîn H): c.2.6.9.8

"She has made your brow attractive, your form spectacular."

A praise poem of Šulgi (Šulgi A): c.2.4.2.01

"Šulgi, who has been chosen by Inana for his attractiveness."

Hair:

In Sumerian/Akkadian tablets the gods & their offspring were described as having beards like “Lapis-lazuli” which is a deep blue stone used for jewellery & various arts.

The only colour of hair mentioned on Sumerian tablets is the demi-god Gilgamesh who had a “black beard.”

Skin:

Although there isn't much description of the Sumerian (anunnaki) gods' skin colour , It seems the Anunnaki did however refer to humans on earth as "black-headed people" which is spelled "sag-gig-ga" (sag = head , gig = black/dark , ga = people).

"An, Enlil, Enki and Ninhursag creators of the black-headed people. Founders of Eridu, Bad-tibira, Larsa, Sippar, and Shuruppak."

The rulers of Lagaš: c.2.1.2

"After the flood had swept over and brought about the destruction of the countries; when mankind was made to endure, and the seed of mankind was preserved and the black-headed people all rose.”

(On this tablet the Anunnaki refers to human-beings as his own "creatures")

"to serve as the provider of the black-headed creatures (?) in all their multitude! May Enlil,……"

The Flood story: c.1.7.4

"the perishing of my mankind; for Nintur, I will stop the annihilation of my creatures, and I will return the people from their dwelling grounds. Let them build many cities so that I can refresh myself in their shade.”

(It's clear that the Anunnaki gods saw humans as inferior people but still capable of being loyal servants. the following passages shows the loyalty of the black-headed people to the Anunnaki gods)

A šir-namursaĝa to Ninsiana for Iddin-Dagan (Iddin-Dagan A): c.2.5.3.1

"From the midst of heaven my lady looks with joy at all the lands and the black headed people, who are as numerous as.....(sheep?). They parade before her, holy Inana"

A šir-namursaĝa to Ninsiana for Iddin-Dagan (Iddin-Dagan A): c.2.5.3.1

"The faithful black-headed people bow to her [Ninsiana]"

(Here the supreme god An/Anu places another monarch [a demi-god prince] in power to rule as king over the black headed people)

An adab to An for Lipit-Eštar (Lipit-Eštar C): c.2.5.5.3

"An has chosen him as king and blessed the royal descendant: "Lipit-Eštar, on whom I bestowed power,You have established justice in Sumer and Akkad, and made the Land feel content. Lipit-Eštar, son of Enlil, May the black-headed people, numerous as flocks, follow the right path under you! , You will be the king! "

A praise poem of Lipit-Eštar (Lipit-Eštar A): c.2.5.5.1

"I am Lipit-Eštar, king of the Land. I am the good shepherd of the black-headed. I am the foremost in the foreign countries, and exalted in the Land. I am a human god , the lord of the numerous people."

(Historically Lipid-Estar was the fifth ruler of the 1st Dynasty of Isin

There also seem to be some weird references of light skinned children mentioned on some tablets , The Sumerian words for "white kid" is spelled (white = bar , kid = damu)

Gilgameš and ?uwawa (Version A): c.1.8.1.5

"Gilgameš took hold of a white kid. He clasped a brown kid, a sacrificial animal (?) , close to his breast. In his hand he held a holy staff before his nose, as he addressed Utu of heaven:"

The building of Ningirsu's temple (Gudea, cylinders A and B): c.2.1.7

"Gudea rose -- it was sleep; he shuddered -- it was a dream. Accepting Ningirsu's words, he went to perform extispicy on a white kid. He performed it on the kid and his omen was favourable. Ningirsu's intention became as clear as daylight to Gudea."

A praise poem of Šulgi (Šulgi X): c.2.4.2.24
"He who knows the joyful heart of Ninegala sheared a black kid, bathed a white kid, and tied a wild bull of the mountains by its nose. Then he brought them into the temple E-babbar which roars like a noble breed-bull, to the hero Utu in the shrine."

Recap: According to ancient Sumerian texts the gods & their descendants:

• Had dark/black beards like a "lapis lazuli" stone.
• Had "shining eyes"
• Had attractive brows?
• Were Tall & muscular with "massive limbs"
• Were fair & attractive-looking
• Had "well-formed lips"
• Called humans black-headed people & had a weird interest in white children?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The Hebrew Angels

It's important to note that the Hebrews were originally Canaanites who worshiped the gods of the ancient Canaanite religion. The Hebrews adopted these Canaanite beliefs and worshiped the main Canaanite deities like the god El and his son Yahweh while rejecting the rest of the Canaanite deities as “false gods”. (If you have no Idea what I’m talking about I encourage you to watch this video)

The oldest Hebrew literature is the Hebrew Torrah written around 650BC & the Book of Enoch a 2300 year old papyrus founded in Ethiopia.

Although there is very few descriptions of the angels’, verses like Genesis 19:4 gives us the impression that the angels might have looked attractive & maybe even feminine.

We also know that the angels (sons of God) had giant offspring:

"But as my people watched, I [the Lord] destroyed the [giant] Amorites, though they were as tall as cedars and as strong as oaks. I destroyed the fruit on their branches” – [Amos 2:9]

"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God [Angels] came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown…....And Kush was father of Nimrod, who was [of] the first mighty men on earth. He was a mighty hunter before YHVH," - [Genesis 6:4]

Kush was the grandson of Noah , the idea that Noah could’ve been an ancestor of these giants caused a lot of confusion for some Theologians.

However The Book of Enoch tells us everything we need to know about Noah & his birth:

"And after some days my son, Methuselah, took a wife for his son Lamech, and she became pregnant by him and bore him a son [Noah]. And his body was white as snow and red as a rose; the hair of his head as white as wool and his demdema (‘long curly hair’) beautiful; and as for his eyes, when he opened them the whole house glowed like the sun ...
And his father, Lamech, was afraid of him and fled and went to Methuselah his father; and he said to him, “I have begotten a strange son. He is not like an (ordinary) human being, but he looks like the children of the angels of heaven to me, his form is different, and he is not like us ... It does not seem to me that he is of me, but of angels..."

- [Book of Enoch , 300 BC]

Noah's father Lamech was afraid of him because he did not look like a ordinary human but instead looked like "the children of the angels" , Noah was thus a Giant (Nephilem).

Recap: According to ancient Hebrew text the angels & their descendants:

• were Giant like
• Were attractive-looking
• Had long curly white hair
• Had bodies "white as snow"
• Had bright eyes

The Mayan gods

(I'm just going base my summery on this video)

Recap:

According to ancient Mayans the gods & their descendants:

• Had long silky white-hair
• Had blazing-deep blue eyes
• Were Tall-caucasian looking
• Had elongated skulls.

Conclusion:

So my final conclusion is categorized in 3 different scenarios ranging from Most-Likely to Likely to Highly-Unlikely.

1) The most-likely scenario would be that these "gods" were made up by Indo-European hunter gatherer tribes from the Caucuses mountains who invaded & conquered South-Asia [middle-east & India]. Like most Neolithic tribes that already formed a religious system , Caucasian hunter gatherers may have forced their pantheon gods (which was created in their own image) onto other cultures.

it's also important to point out the genes for blue eyes , blonde hair & white skin haven't been found in Homo-sapiens prior to 6000 BC , According to scientists only 1% of the Neanderthal population had light skin , eyes & hair and remarkably none of those Neanderthal mutations are related to modern day Caucasians. which begs the question -> where did it come from?

2) A likely scenario would be that these "gods" were an advanced race of early modern humans who were physically & intellectually superior to homo-sapiens, (for example like the Denisovans , Cro-magnons). They were perhaps seen as being culturally superior to other indigenous tribes and thus idolized as gods.

Some people have also pointed out the anatomy of the "Cro-magnons" and their physical & intellectual superiority to modern humans , Having a brain capacity 1/3 larger than homo-sapiens & large males that stood up to 195 cm (6' 5") and taller.

3) A highly-unlikely scenario would be that these gods were actually Extraterrestrials from another planet , helped start civilization and mated with dark skinned Homo-sapien women 8000 years ago which created the Caucasian/Aryan race.

The only reason why I'm bringing up this scenario is because allot of well respected people in the ufo community like David Wilcock & Robert Dean have talk allot about "Nordic aliens" which seems to fit into this whole 'Aryan gods' phenomena.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ancienthistorian

I believe the references to "kids" is speaking to baby goats or some other live stock. Why would any reference be made to "shearing" a human child.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Personally, I think you have your conclusion reversed. Aliens would be the most likely, and regular Europeans would be the least likely. I mean the gods had several limbs, were giants, could fly and cast spells.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
So I'm getting from this, that the Gods were clearly just ancient humans, You have the Sumerians saying the Gods were like them, but with blue eyes
you have the ancient Indians saying the gods looked just like them, but with blond hair and you have the rest ignoring more fats than you are revealing

Your claims for the Maya and Angels are laughable, the "Blond haired quetzlcoatl" is actually a Spanish myth, you can see the actual native depictions on google images and Angels didn't exist until after the Babylonian diaspora and Jewish sources actually state they were made up in that period as a natural process of oppressed monotheism by polytheists
you'll have to drop the lapis beard, it was ornamental and the giants of Eridu were actually statues in Enkis temple

Then you've put in a load of nonsense such as

it's also important to point out the genes for blue eyes , blonde hair & white skin haven't been found in Homo-sapiens prior to 6000 BC

Which you probably culled from a woo website somewhere, read this
en.wikipedia.org...

The earliest known sample of the threonine allele is 13,000 years old

Quite clearly you've gone with an alien agenda here which makes this entire post in the wrong forum and caused your hypothesis to be so full of holes you could drive a truck through it

edit on 21-3-2017 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

3) A highly-unlikely scenario would be that these gods were actually Extraterrestrials from another planet , helped start civilization and mated with dark skinned Homo-sapien women 8000 years ago which created the Caucasian/Aryan race.

Great thread! Allow me to fill in the gaps in places. This one is the easiest.

Genesis 6

6 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

Giant in Sanskrit will be the same word as Mahaya (Great). You can compare to Mahayana, meaning great vehicle, or your quotes about Watchers (Angels).

Jude 1

6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day.

This is reference again to Enoch and the Watchers.

This document is the pre-creation reference showing why humans are in Bodies. It gives details. Before our penance in human bodies, we broke one rule. Sound familiar? One rule. One.

"Then, having summoned to these splendid regions of ether the souls of every grade, He said to them: "O souls, beautiful children of my breath and of my care, you whom I have produced with my hands, in order to consecrate you to my universe, hear my words as a law:--Quit not the place assigned to you by my will. The abode which awaits you is heaven, with its galaxy of stars and its thrones of virtue. If you attempt any transgression against my decree, I swear by my sacred breath, by that elixir of which I formed you, and by my creative hands, that I will speedily forge for you chains and cast you into punishment."

LAW: "Do not quit the place assigned to you by my will."

Forthwith, O my Son, proud of their work, they were not afraid to transgress the Divine law, and, in spite of the prohibition, they receded from their appointed limits. Not willing to remain longer in the same abode, they moved ceaselessly, and repose seemed to them death(4). But, O my Son--(thus Hermes informed me)--their conduct could not escape the eye of the Lord the Divine of all things; He minded to punish them, and to prepare for them hard bonds. The Ruler and Master of the universe resolved then for the penance of the souls, to mold the human organism, and having called me to Him, said Hermes, He spoke in this wise:--"O soul of my soul, holy thought of my thought, how long shall earthly Nature remain sad? How long shall the creation already produced continue inactive and without praise? Bring hither before me all the Gods of heaven."

Kore Kosmou
edit on 21-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Rabbi Sieon Ben Lakish of Tiberius, 1800 years ago

all the specific names for the angels were brought back by the Jews from Babylon

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

I believe the references to "kids" is speaking to baby goats or some other live stock. Why would any reference be made to "shearing" a human child.

I have to, I am truly sorry but this was just so funny, what if they were a little poor sighted.

Specsavers is an optician and glasses shop in the UK.

Ancienthistorian, great thread and I fully enjoyed watching that video with the good looking girl made to look like an alien, I actually would not be too surprised though there are other potential's.

Human's taken from the earth by an alien race and advanced for there task's elsewhere could be one source of Alien nordic type being's.

Convergeant evolution (though I actually believe humanity is far older and like Dayaftertomorrow's post in it's content which add's to your's, humans as a colony or another race which is essentially what Eden is if you read it, let us create them in our image man and woman in our image but a colony that was somehow ruined by the interaction of another less pleasant being whom seemed intent upon ruining the colony from the get go, the serpant or Reptilian being.

Also divergent evolution on earth, another human race that just got far ahead of the rest of us and left, there are enough legend's of lost golden age's and glory's in our own past.

There is also another God race that fit's the bill, the Sun god's of Ancient China.

edit on 21-3-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Very interesting and enlightening thread!

I have always been a fan of the theory that man is far older the what mainstream science tells us.

Star plus Flag

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Are we reading the same thread, the OP went out of his way to show that all the Gods attributes are common in homo sapiens and then said "Aliens", you don't think there might be a more simple solution, rather than the one which has no evidence

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk
Are we reading the same thread, the OP went out of his way to show that all the Gods attributes are common in homo sapiens and then said "Aliens", you don't think there might be a more simple solution, rather than the one which has no evidence

It convinced Hitler why not ATSers?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

Well by every definition of our view of the world our god is from above, the sky, not of this earth and that mean's extra terrestrial AND my God as christian's is also a man as he came to earth and assumed human form but he is also a being of pure energy or spirit as well so it is not that simple.
Think of Eden as a Colony gone wrong, a recreation by an ascended race in there own image that an enemy of there's then polluted and essentially tried to ruin leading to there becoming somehow incompatible and faulty, diseased even.
The world was sterilized to remove the corruption, the biblical great flood, but even then some of it remained in the chosen best sample's and the colony could not be put back on course as it was meant to be though it was at least snatched out of the hand's of there enemy's and made somewhat neutral ground, since there enemy's had perhaps put a little of themselves into the seed race in order to claim the re-colonized planet there was then a stand off between these two ancient enemy's in which both group's made the human race neutral ground but each vied to get it to go one way or the other, toward there original design and original race whom still saw them as there children or toward there corruptors whom had sown there own nature and possible DNA into them in order to lay claim to the colony.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Great thread S&F for all the work..

I might add that in different parts of the world as recently as 50 years ago and certainly 100 years ago anyone who was over six feet tall would be considered a giant by many cultures. The old diet of people and the environment tended to breed small structured people. May men were around 5'3" and the women were lucky to be 5'.

Visit and old preserved sailing ship and if you are even 5'5" you will have problems walking inside the ship unless you bend over. Many Asian countries until recently had small height and many still do. In the last 50 years diets have changed and so has the height for many of the richer denizens who can afford more than a small fish and some rice for themselves and their offspring.

A cold Environment IMO does play a part, for in the olden days those invaders from the cold north were (in several cases) refereed to as strong, bulky, large heathens.

The elongated skull stuff and some of the recent discoveries I have read about are really amazing if the different bone structures are indeed true.. The idea head boarding for infants is a rather weird practice unless the locals had a desire to mimic something or someone.. However having said that even today there are cultures who do some weird (IMO) stuff to their bodies.. youtu.be...

edit on 727stk17 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Interestingly, the video runs counter to your post. Instead of trying to emulate "God's" it is more about vanity (stretching of ears, narrowing it the waist and destroying your feet) and/or pride (entering manhood by scaring). Nothing like embracing and giving new meaning to deadly sins.

My tattoos and body piercings (since removed) were about the ego as well.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The "old false pantheons" had many names when Nimrod's empire was forced to spread out over the planet and their languages confused. The same "Watcher Fallen Angels" which made up the "Pantheon of Gods" of numerous cultures all started with the ONE Culture after the flood. Nimrod of Babylon.

This "Mystery Religion" has continued through the ages and is still here today.

If you really want information on the subject, read this book:

The Shinar Directive: Preparing the Way for the Son of Perdition's Return

But here is the whole truth of the matter. In the time of the Garden, The Serpent tempted Eve by promising that they "could be like God, and surely not die if they rebelled". (that didn't work out well).

It is the same throughout history and today. We can become like "gods" here in this corrupted world. Same Lie, Same promises, same gullible idiots striving to serve their master in their quest to become gods, (Trans-humanism, Ascended Masters, Whatever ).

The need to refuse salvation freely given in order to become immortal in a corrupted world.

The same lie from the beginning of time is still being used today. Never fails.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Marduk

Well by every definition of our view of the world our god is from above, the sky, not of this earth and that mean's extra terrestrial AND my God as christian's is also a man as he came to earth and assumed human form but he is also a being of pure energy or spirit as well so it is not that simple.

See that's where you've gone wrong
Ancient Chinese gods were visited by Emperors on the mountain tops they inhabited
Ancient Sumerian gods lived on a mountain top. Then Kisar became Ki (some of the educated might get that one)
Ancient Greek gods, again, mount Olympus
Ancient S American gods supposedly watched humanity from the mountain tops, which is why all the pictures at Nazca are orientated that way and why the numerous civilisations were building temples shaped like mountains in the first place
Ancient Japan, Kuninotokotachi, the first deity born after creation resides on Mount Fuji
Ancient Polynesians, again with the mountain god home and the sacred mountain temples
Even the Sami people revere mountains as homes of the Gods with a particular regard for the Áhkká massif, with its twelve individual peaks and ten glaciers
Have you never even heard of Axis Mundi
Wiki has a page on it
en.wikipedia.org...

You should probably read it and then write a book about how the ancient Gods always landed and built their camps on mountain tops because they had a prime directive. That one actually fits the facts and would make academics get all squirmy
its when you're trying to include belief from a book which isn't slightly ancient that it gets ridiculous. That would be anything Judaeo Christian for example...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Incredible work! This is what I love about ATS!

IMO, within your conclusion, the last and most unlikely scenario is one that actually makes the most sense to me. Far fetched? Perhaps. But that's why these are theories and not facts!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Alright let's correct the derp levels in here. You list off randomly the characteristics of Agni, Indra, Surya, Nirrti, so let's start there.

Agni is the god of fire so his characteristics are symbolic of that:

(from The Myths and Gods of India: The Classic Work on Hindu Polytheism)

Indra is described in book 10 hymn 46 as:

10:46:3 Bright with strong teeth, destroying with its tawny rage. In Indra are set fast all forms of golden hue.
10:46:6 to Indra have the gold-hued Soma juices run.
10:46:11 and 12 O Asura, disclose thou and make visible the Cow's beloved home to the bright golden Sun.
12 O Indra, let the eager wishes of the folk bring thee, delightful, golden-visored, on thy car,

Catch that? Everything about Indra is gold. Gold is the symbol of nobility which Indra exemplifies. Did you notice how Soma (which is brown) is described as golden-hued? That's because its the drink of nobility. Its SYMBOLIC!

Surya is the SUN! Cant think of a damn reason why the sun would be golden haired...

As for Nirrti, in the Taittiriya Brahmana, she's described as being "dark". So much for that.

"...he smote the Dasyus (natives/servants?) , and gave protection to the Aryan colour.

...you realise that's talking about PEOPLE, not gods, right?

“Then the gods prospered, the Asuras [giants] were defeated.” [Yajur Veda 2]

Sorry where does it say anywhere that the Asuras were giants? Did I miss something or did you randomly add that trying to collate it with Greek mythology?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join