It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In case you missed it, California greenlights self driving cars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It's been portrayed in a couple of syfy flicks, so not nearly as much flying cars, but they are here and will other states follow? This will be a godsend to those who either hate driving or are unable to drive for some reason, such as old age.

sf.curbed.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: phatkhat
It's been portrayed in a couple of syfy flicks, so not nearly as much flying cars, but they are here and will other states follow? This will be a godsend to those who either hate driving or are unable to drive for some reason, such as old age.

sf.curbed.com...

Like self driving cars, I go to flag your thread and it says FAIL.

bit strange... like "you will drive where I tell you" with these things.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneWrecche

Time will tell if they fail or not. Maybe they should allow them only on certain roads and at a certain speed at certain times of the day.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
All about putting the nations 8,000,000 men who drive vehicles for a living out of work. Where will they go, what will they do after? It's not like the lib's would have any lower tier jobs still available with immigrants, or any factory jobs with their NAFTA TPP NAU crap. And they wonder why everyone is sick of them.

One way to look at it is its the best thing that could ever happen to the looming Neo-Luddite Movement.....

edit on 18-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Off to the hinterland with everybody else? I can imagine future cities looking something like huge industrial parks with robots in place of humans, as all the humans are in the burbs and ex-burbs. Except maybe the government or upper class, of course.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: phatkhat

I wish I could get one of those cars. I really can use a one hour nap in the car instead of driving it to my job place and back home.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I wonder if I can get a self driving car to take my kids back and forth to school while I sleep in? I'd get back 2 to 3 hours in my day! After all, a driving license wouldn't be required if the car drove itself!

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Being a Trucker won't be cool anymore.

Ps. Never was.

The future is delivery of your goods is automated, while the 'Truck attendant' plays World of Warcraft in the cab through the night.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Other states have had plans being proposed to them:

Seattle Tech Vets to Propose Driverless Stretch of Interstate
.Plan would cover 150 miles between Seattle and Vancouver
.Self-driving vehicles to start test in car-pool lanes

Source

While I still question safety, more trials should be needed for longer amounts of time. This may be safer than cell phone drivers-nuts how many people on the highway have a phone in hand- that are now said to be more dangerous than drunk drivers.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I think the trials have begun in some places ( google street view included)
and nowadays most new cars are partly this way, alerting you that you're gettting too close to another car etc etc. So it will be phased in.
Eventually they will fly too.
There's unmanned planes. Amazon is getting delivery drones. Groceries delivered by robots.
The postal service and couriers will be phased out.
Humans will be replaced by robots

It's all inevitable

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Idiots....

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: phatkhat

Most manufacturers project selling self-driving cars between 2020 and 2025.

There's no doubt they'll be rolling out, with HUGE repercussions to all vehicle related industries.

new topics

top topics

join