It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cost of medication is criminal

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
COST OF MEDICINE IN NOT CRIMINAL.
What a joke, have you ever been in business for yourself, how dare you make such claims without proof and a conviction of such matter.
Time for you to grow up and and "PAY UP", for your health conditions. Do you actually think the shareholders give a fly'n fk about you, shiiit no, they want a good return on their investments. It's called "GREED".

Sorry to tell you , but here in Japan there are caps on cost, and you know what, NOT EVEN ONE NATIONWIDE DOCTOR HAS GONE OUT OF BUSINESS.

The American politicians are all and I say "ALL" all bought out, don't believe me, move to Japan and enjoy the affordable health care to all citizens and permanent residents here. Illegals, well, there's no safety net here for them, in other words, NO TREATMEANT. Go back to your own country for your medical needs.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I kind of wonder reading story's that seemed baseless,but if you follow the money trail it appears most epidemics are planned,then out comes cure,and if you really think about it,makes more sense these are planned diseases

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Yes it is!, just check the price of any medication in Canada or Mexico and it's 2-10 times lower....

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I think you still need a recipt but have to scan it, that´s how it works in Germany with online drug "stores". They´re also much cheaper. Vitamin D costs 4x less online, from the same manufacturer....Same box and amount and everything.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: eletheia

I think you still need a recipt but have to scan it, that´s how it works in Germany with online drug "stores". They´re also much cheaper. Vitamin D costs 4x less online, from the same manufacturer....Same box and amount and everything.

This is the result of a brick and mortar store having to tie up money in things, pay taxes, pay heat and electricity, and pay wages and benefits. Online stores have way less overhead, they also have way less costs of wages per bottle of the supplement. Look at a pharmacy, they have two pharmacists, a cashier/stocker, and someone cleaning in the evenings.

The price difference actually has justification. The store provides work for the local community. The thing is, if they sold more their price could be lower, but more and more people now buy online. These local stores will disappear shortly, then we are totally reliant on the internet and big stores to supply everything we need. That is a dangerous precedence we are getting into.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
COST OF MEDICINE IN NOT CRIMINAL.
What a joke, have you ever been in business for yourself, how dare you make such claims without proof and a conviction of such matter.
Time for you to grow up and and "PAY UP", for your health conditions. Do you actually think the shareholders give a fly'n fk about you, shiiit no, they want a good return on their investments. It's called "GREED".

Sorry to tell you , but here in Japan there are caps on cost, and you know what, NOT EVEN ONE NATIONWIDE DOCTOR HAS GONE OUT OF BUSINESS.

Here's the difference between Japanese costs of medicine, and American right in your response.

Cost caps.

American medical costs are highway robbery at runaway train speeds compared to you, so get off the high horse already.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
To add to the topic, one time I had a open wound that could not be stitched. Pretty deep and long and I had to stuff it (ouch) with a certain type of whool. The package cost nearly 90€ (it was more than 85 but not 90) and it lasted three days. It could have lasted longer but you could not use it more than one or two days, it´s supposed to be clinical "clean" and has anti bio-something in it...(not ...tica but simillar).

Anyways, had to use it until the wound grew smaller, for about 8 weeks. Had to replace it three times a day, sometimes more. My luck was that I knew somebody that could order them more closer to the manufacturer. The first few weeks after hospital I did not had this option. After 8 weeks I decided it was not worth the money and let it alone. Because regardless how much you need, you pay ~90€ twice a week. Adding to that, you can´t work. Of course the wound grew a skin halfway and the flesh did not grow back completely.
Yeay.

If not for the dirt and germs, it would have been cheaper to stuff 5€ bills into the wound each time.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The mass prescribing of medication is criminal too. People who have good insurance, or who are on a government program given lots of medications. My Dad was on 18 of them last month. New doctor... he's only on TWO now. Vital signs are great and he can hold coherent conversations.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
I appreciate your explanation but I know that. I may have become a bit selfish in thinking since our family store (open since post 1800, [you would not believe the real number]) was brought down by so called "supermarkts". So you stand there, from 8am, until 6pm and that´s not long enough, for the people in your town that forgot the butter. And be snarky when you ask them if it´s okay to slice the cheese by hand, because it´s 2minutes after 6 and the cutting machine is cleaned. We carved freaking pirate ships out of cheese if ordered, just to say, so it´s not like that cheese slices would been messy.

Then you meet worst of the worst and sell out day. People you´ve never seen in your store, in a 2000 people town, argue with you that because of the sellout and that they buy a 10 pack orange juce, you have to give some extra % on top, when you already loose money by selling it under the price you´ve bought it. In a 150m² store. Including heating, lighting, power for the deep fridges and cooling compressors. Advertisement.

Because we could not provide 6 different variations of strawberry marmalade, a hairdresser and a juwelery, people drive 20km towards the next town into the mega-super-market.

That was around 2000(shortly before the € was introduced, we decided to stop. Because new cashier system was unvoluntary. We still had a register cashier system. The ones you see in old movies or comics. Since then, people complain or ask now and then, why exactly we had to close. It´s not like we were not creative either. We offered cleaning service for clothes (not in house), public pay telephone, post, catalog ordering station, you could get household items like whool or linen, drinkeables, fresh meat and cheese. Very fresh vegetables and fruits for a fair price.

But all that was not enough. I mean this very friendly: Excuse me if I don´t care if some rich ass that owns a drug store chain (because that´s the case, in most cases) can not get his 300-800% win marge out of the meds he´s selling.

Think of that, each time you buy in a supermarket, it´s the same. You ruin some local family biz, if still there, If you don´t buy everything local.

Edit: Besides that, the modern drug pharmacist is not even qualified enough to mix you potions and stuff. They are much cheaper so it´s not like in the old days, when a pharmacist knew his -excuse me- #. Today, it´s much more important to know the brand names and all that stuff. Hope you see this edit in time

edit on 13-3-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

(post by Tranceopticalinclined removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I try to buy most of my stuff locally and try to buy at farmers markets too. I belong to a coop and try to shop there. I shop at both of our local grocery stores, the little ones are all gone now except for one in the local area. A few organic stores are popping up and we try to give them business too.

I buy a half a cow from a local farmer and have it processed at a local slaughter house. Well, they are forty five miles away, it is hard to grow beef cattle here that is grassfed, too much snow around here. Forty miles south and way less snow.

Most of the hardware stores are disappearing, the big box stores are taking over. There are only three little hardware stores left in this area of seven towns I think, Lowes and Menards, and even Walmart, Shopko, and target put them out of business.. Little stores do a service for their communities, these people do not get rich.

No chance of an American dream anymore I guess.
edit on 13-3-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Another example, it´s a bit tricky to explain but in the end, you´ll sit there wide eyed.

Before the euro:

Milk, 1L, selling price 44-49 Deutsche Pfennig.
Milka Chocolate, 100g, 69 Pfennig

100 Pfennig = 50 €-cent. That´s how it was translated.
So in theory:

Milk, 1L, 22-25cent
Milka Chocolate, 100g, 35cent

how it really was, after 1 year with euro:
Milk, 1L, 59cent
Milka ... 100g, 69cent

To make it short, 15 years later, you pay 89cent for 100g chocolate, while the income, was translated like the €-course. So our buying power was cut in half (!) over the course of 15 years, while there was an additional 20% rise in cost.

Thank you, €.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It´s really sad. I also try to buy most of our stuff local, or quire it through other channels like: You rent some of my land and in exchange I get some 20kg meat and three weekends of your tractor per year. Those kind of trades.

What we had in 1995 in town:
2 Hairdresser
3 Shops,
1 Fuel Station + repair shop
2 auto repair shops
1 Hardware store (more farming related),
1 Doctor
1 Pharmacist
1 Dentist
6 (!) Restaurants/Bars/bistro (one noble, the other for reasonable prices)
2 Butchers
1 slaughterhouse
1 post office
1 shop where you could get all kinds of water, soda, beer and so on. "drinkeables".

What we have in 2017
1 Butcher,
1 Post office,
1 Dentist (?) not sure. Always went to another one, that one is/was a butcher.
2 Auto repair shops,
1 fuel station + repair shop

that should say everything. Look what people need: meat and their cars to drive somewhere else to buy ;-)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Don't worry, It WILL NOT be like this for long.

A.I. can create skynet yes, but it can also create order and protect those of us who might not be protected and thought about now.

there are people right now working to give us all A FAIR SHOT at life, the future will not be for the rich.

In fact, I don't think money will be of much use in the near future.

Just wait and see, it's seeming more bright than we could ever have hoped it to be.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
Don't worry, It WILL NOT be like this for long.

A.I. can create skynet yes, but it can also create order and protect those of us who might not be protected and thought about now.

there are people right now working to give us all A FAIR SHOT at life, the future will not be for the rich.

In fact, I don't think money will be of much use in the near future.

Just wait and see, it's seeming more bright than we could ever have hoped it to be.

But, who is going to program AI? Not a person who works a construction job or works in a small office. The Rich will be setting up the AI

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

What would really piss You off is they buy the powders from India and China for pennies on the dollar. I ordered about 3 years worth of cealis powder about 4 years ago for 32 dollars which is criminal considering how much it's marked up to men in need. I agree with liberals on one thing and that's drug prices are way to high but I believe the markets should be opened up to the patients so We can buy our own powders.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

There are many many more people than you'd think who are learning who already have skills related, Freedom Fighters don't seek fame so you don't hear about them often, but they are around in force.

they are there, don't you worry about that, it's being done as we speak but isn't something that will be completed overnight.

Become a Cypherpunk

Cypherpunks are activists who advocate the widespread use of strong cryptography (writing in code) as a route to progressive change. Julian Assange, the editor-in-chief of and visionary behind WikiLeaks, has been a leading voice in the cypherpunk movement since its inception in the 1980s.

Watch this documentary, it's available online for free as well but can't post that one.

Scratch your ID chips off, cuz everybody owns it
edit on 13-3-2017 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I recently saw a map of countries and their health care cost. Americans health care costs more than any other country in the world by a good margin.

We are being swindled. And every time politicians say they are going to fix it, they just replace the old swindle with a new one that makes the health care behemoths even more money at our expense. And they laugh at us all the way to the bank because they sold us another bag of beans.
edit on 13-3-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
You are aware you can buy meds from overseas, right?

A friend of mine had Hep C, where the 12 week treatment runs for 96K in the US. He instead bought the full 12 week meds from overseas for $1,100. Roughly 95K in savings.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join