It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Birthday Jack Kerouac

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Just had to say a Happy Birthday to one of my favorite writers. It was Kerouac's books that helped me regain some of the naive optimism in the possibilities of life, and of life on the road when I needed it most. His writings were, subconsciously I think, part of why I moved to North Beach in San Francisco. I'd get drunk at Vesuvios during the day, hang out at City Lights, then go out with some writer friends at night to some readings, then back to North Beach, to help an Italian girl I'd never met find her bicycle. Then all the late nights/early mornings walking back from some random house or party while the sun is coming up over the city and the fog rolling in. A lot of those memories I'll have forever, and I owe a lot of it to the writings of Kerouac and the effect they had on me. I'm no longer afraid to just walk off with a backpack, and know I'll be alright. Whatever happens.

Happy Birthday Jack.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Great post, I too celebrate Kerouac's spirit of adventure....memories of innocence and promise are the best memories and help sustain us in later life.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
All the "Beat" writers and poets shaped my aesthetic; Kerouac in particular.
edit on 12-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
His words warm my soul and stimulate my cognitive faculties.
Good guy you were Mr. Kerouac.

new topics

top topics

join