It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minority youths to get softer sentences in the UK.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Judges should consider whether a young criminal has suffered discrimination as an ethnic minority before deciding their sentence, under a new guideline.

BBC news

Here we have it a two tier racist justice system!

Justice should be blind to race. But no! White British children are to be discriminated against as minority children will get softer sentences

Race and religion should not play a factor in what sentence a criminal recieves.
edit on 7-3-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

In the upside down world of liberalism this makes perfect sense.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yet more proof that "Social Justice" = PAYBACK TIME!

Actual, pragmatic justice being irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Utterly absurd...agendas being pushed, keep em separated

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Meh........it won't be long before they won't be held accountable at all. Free to roam the commons wrecking havoc as they go, granted immunity from policing altogether.

Welcome to a "Brave New World".

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
And why not?

I mean, it's not like they should be treated THE SAME as everyone else, right?
I mean, leftists and libtards are CONSTANTLY whining that there's no 'equality' and to a libtarded leftist, 'equality' means 'whites must be given NO quarter while non-whites get as much assistance as possible'.

Anyone who thinks that 'minorities' should be treated as 'equal' to non-minorities is just a racist bigot.

I can see the left applauding this move, it's JUST what they have wanted.

I think it's an IQ thing

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Cheers!

Lets continue to pretend that "overrepresentation" of minorities in the justice system is somehow a symptom of problems with the system rather than with the ethnic group itself.

Well done UK.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Why even bother prosecuting them at all??

Seriously though, I think we need to slow down on this. At this rate, we'll destroy ourselves before the robots have a chance to do it. And my money was always on the robots destroying the human race.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Judges should consider whether a young criminal has suffered discrimination as an ethnic minority before deciding their sentence, under a new guideline.

BBC news

Justice should be blind to race. But no! White British children are to be discriminated against as minority children will get softer sentences

Race and religion should not play a factor in what sentence a criminal recieves.
I am in full concurrence with you on this! If you do the crime then you should be prepared to do the time and that time should be the same for all creed, race, background, age etc!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

BBC news

Cool Racism has not died! The problem is how do they measure whether or not racism occurred in the past. What about Sexism? What about homophobia?

How can anyone assess it. Given that racism has not died how can it be measured? What about poverty? That is another factor?

This is not feasible!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Age ? Really? So you think an 11 year old stealing from a shop as a dare should be treated the same as a 25 year old?
edit on 7-3-2017 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Let's just clarify, this relates to under 18s.

People we acknowledge in law not to be fully formed adults.

I think all circumstances should be considered when sentencing.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

BBC news

Any judge is compelled to look at any mitigating factors prior to formulating the sentence. In the modern justice system that has always been the case. Are you saying if someone had suffered some level of abuse for whatever reason that it shouldn't be taken into depending on the alleged crime? Or are you just slipping into your Alf Garnett persona?

If a woman or man had been the victim of sexual predator behaviour prior to committing an offence, if someone had been the victim of attempted blackmail or serious harassment prior to committing an offence don't you think that should be taken into account?

Or are you just being an arse?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So the British judicial system now think that 2 wrongs make a right?

It makes you feel so proud.

Sorry sir, I come from an unprivileged background and had to work hard for something nice, instead of just taking it, and that didn't suit me.

edit on 7/3/17 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Let's just clarify, this relates to under 18s.

People we acknowledge in law not to be fully formed adults.

I think all circumstances should be considered when sentencing.

Wow, a politically charged question on ATS and a voice of reason is heard - not that I'm surprised it's your voice that supplies the reason.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The sick irony is the fact that the people pushing this agenda clearly have no respect, whatsoever, for these minorities. These excuses and unequal applications of law and justice are simplistic ways of saying "It's not your fault,,, you're clearly inferior to the rest of society and cannot control yourself." Hell, the Sentencing Council may as well just come fully clean on this and say what's really on their mind: "These offenders are similar to animals in our eyes, unable to know right from wrong and those responsible for them, society, should be punished same as the owner of any roughshod animal would be expected to take responsibility."

Sick, sick example of how racist these pricks are.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Again this relates to under 18s and just says that all social circumstances of the offender should be considered.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Agreed.
This is about all circumstances of crimes by minors, drug addict parents etc.
OP focused on race issues.
...and yes, it could be a mitigating circumstance say if someone had been repeatedly racially abused.
OP needs to stop, think, and consider that mitigating circumstances will come in many forms with this legislation.
Why focus on the race card? Sustained abuse for being disabled or whatever is equally a mitigating circumstance under the new laws.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Thank you, I may blush.

I actually struggle to see how people would think an under 18s background should not be considered.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: uncommitted

Thank you, I may blush.

I actually struggle to see how people would think an under 18s background should not be considered.

This is ATS 2017, post Brexit and Trump - sadly we will have quite a lot of this for quite some time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join