It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're not trying to teach Trump anything..... they are teaching us

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: Byrd

you have made a most grievous error~

America and Canada are NOT "majority rules" countries. Majority Rules can be defined as two wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for dinner.

America is a replublic with laws and guarantees which protect the rights of minorities in the face of the majority. Canada is ruled by parlimentary system of rules which do the same thing.

I didn't think that people here were so dim that they would fail to realize this. HOWever, in general a majority rule governs public policy... or at least the majority of those who get out and vote.

My point stands, though - we don't have laws supporting marrying your car because the majority of he US thinks this is a truly whacko idea. It's okay for Michigan men to swear in front of women nowadays because most find the law absurd.

Every one of us can find a law or policy or several that we don't like and don't support. But they didn't just appear out of thin air... they were put in place by a large group of people who insisted that they had the dominant view and that their policy should be the one implemented.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Apollumi

originally posted by: Byrd
The majority of the people who voted, voted for Clinton.

That sir, is one hell of a bold faced lie. After the election I was reading about the biggest of the sanctuary cities, the huge ones, and what I saw looked like the map of states that voted Hillary during the election. It matched up really well when I compared the two.

What you did not see was the population of those areas compared with the population of the other areas. If you have eight cities with a population of 200 (this happens here in Texas) in a 100 square mile area and then compare it to Dallas (where you can have a 100 square mile area snip), you will see that the 8 cities are all voting Trump and Dallas is voting Clinton.

What the map does not show you is that those 8 cites have a total population of 1600 people, and Dallas has a population of 1.3 million.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

no matter how popular a policy may be, it will not withstand a legal challenge if it breaches constitutional law

new topics

<< 1   >>

join