It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Walk the Dogs YJA 2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Time to walk the dogs.

Bear and Cammie are dancing and jubilant at the sight of their leashes. My favorite time of day as well. I am also dancing, inside.
We don’t take as long of walks as in times past. The heart attack, artificial hip, and 65 years of wear make it long enough for me. No walk is ever long enough for the dogs. We go early every morning rain or shine. It is our time. As always the hope is to see some fuzzy tailed squirrels. Those little guys interest us the most.

Walking along heading to the path overhung with eucalyptus and berry bushes I notice what a beautiful day it is. The sun is shining bright with a few white clouds drifting aimlessly through the deep blue sky. The breeze gently ruffling Bear’s long fur. The smells floating on the wind, perking up a couple of sets of ears.

The trail is a little rough from the recent rains and I am not as agile as I once was. While negotiating a rather precarious rut my ankle turns and I start to fall forward. I have fallen many times but this feels different. My chest hurts. Maybe it wasn’t the rut. As I hit the ground everything goes black.

I awaken to the joy of dogs licking my face. If you share love with these wonderful animals you understand this joy. It seems to be quite a few tongues more involved in the lick fest than two. Opening my eyes reveals the truth. Present are Maddy, Bubbles, Midnight, Pappy and many others from over the decades.

All the dogs are wagging their tails and happy to see me. I am happy to see them. I am not confused. I am aware. I have never been more at peace. As I get to my feet there is no pain. I don’t feel old and feeble but young and energetic. All the pups are not old but young and fit as well. I gather up all the leashes and we proceed to take a very long walk.

edit on 1-3-2017 by calwoodbutcher because: text

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: calwoodbutcher

Great mate. What a way to go. If I pass, that's how I'd like it particularly meeting up with the dogs I've had throughout my life.

Wagging tails and many licks.

Good on ya!

bally

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Thank you sir.

Not as good as the fine writers here on ATS, but from the heart.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Awww you get my vote, for sure.

Not just for the reference to dogs but, I also had a dog named Bear and he was the best and most loyal dog ever. Even 'babysat' my children in the yard.

When I moved back to where I live currently, I wound up adopting his great great great great...(not sure how many actually) granddaughter. I named her Dolly.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Thank you TN. Dogs are so much more than, dogs. Members of the family to me.

Your Beach story was very good. I hope you keep writing.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Awesome. That would probably be the best afterlife out of the lot

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Awesome. That would probably be the best afterlife out of the lot

I'll second that. S & F calwoodbutcher!

new topics

top topics