It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions ignorant comments regarding cannabis.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Trump removes restrictions on private prison use and management almost immediately,
plans to abolish the ethics committee,
and we're surprised the war on drugs is about to get worse?

the people profiting from never ending slush funds are in power...
the D. pipeline is not going to be the last 'military operation' in our states anytime soon.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: RomeByFire

I'd bet that Sessions has been ITCHING to get into the AG office to enact this policy.

No laws have changed.

Sessions has no power to change laws.

It is his duty to enforce existing laws as written.

Talk about ignorant comments...

Thanks for stating the obvious, but I'm not sure what that has to do with what I said. Though it's a wonder why you are getting so offended that Sessions may be cracking down on legal pot based off of his words. You go from marijuana thread to marijuana thread and insult people in them just because no one has been arrested yet. That is literally your ONLY source of optimism and you are using that flimsy excuse to beat people over the head with and insult their intelligence.

We (I) get it, you don't think Sessions or Spicers' words mean anything, however we do. As does the marijuana industry. Words matter as they signal intentions. I realize that Trump and his assault on the truth has upended that ideology, but most of the world still behaves that way.
edit on 1-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I am not offended sessions may be cracking down.

I'm not even sure what you mean by that.

I like to engage in spirited debate using facts, evidence and reason.

Sorry if that offends you.

I am very pro legalzition and have benefitted from the medical use myself.

I was actively involved in the medical movement when I lived in San Francisco in the nineties.

I voted for Obama, hoping he would at least work with congress and the FDA to reclassify marijuna as having medical benefit.

He and congress failed to do so.

That is why outrage needs to be focused where it actually matters - congress.
edit on 1-3-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I focus my outrage at ALL of the government when it comes to pot. ALL of the government drops the ball regularly when it comes to the plant and it isn't just Congress' fault. Yes, this includes Obama too. But it also includes your homeslice Sessions.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Sessions reminds me of the General in the opening scene of Pineapple Express. Warning drug use/profanity in video.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Session's only job is to enforce the law that already exists.

He can not change the law no matter how much scientific evidence there is.

It is up to congress to take the scientific evidence and change the law.

Why didn't Obama and the dems change the law when they had the majority?

Why didn't Obama request for the FDA to consider rescheduling marijuana?

Because Obama, like other U.S. presidents, was a globalist shill. Nice try at bringing petty partisan-BS into this thread - take it elsewhere.

If what you say is true, in which it is, then why is Sessions running his mouth about it? If he only enforces the law, then where does his comment regarding "getting it at every grocery store," come from?

Sessions is more of the same.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

By the way, if marijuana is legalized, acid, mushrooms, and even ecstasy should also be legalized. They are all less dangerous than marijuana. And even less addictive. All three of them also have psycho-therapeutic uses too. Of course, just like with weed, the government won't admit to it.

Yes all those things should be legal, if we lived in a true libertarian society they would be legal. It comes down to people being indoctrinated, it's the same reason people think smoking weed in front of their kid is so bad yet it's perfectly fine to drink around them, when in reality alcohol is more likely to make them do dumb things and is worse for them.

BTW I totally called this in a thread I wrote several weeks ago:

It would be unfair to say everything Obama did was terrible, just look how far the legalization of marijuana in the U.S. has come in the last 8 years. Now there's a chance much of that work could be undone by Trump and Jeff Sessions. It seems very hypocritical to run on a platform promoting freedom and restoring power to the people, while wanting to restrict certain freedoms.

Realism, Religion, and Liberty

edit on 1/3/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

He, and any who are opponents of legalized marijuana are quite clearly anti-American enemies of freedom. While they are not killing anyone (directly) as their fellow anti-American enemies of freedom in al-Queda did, what Sessions is indicating is that he wants to enslave American Citizens (prison) for possession of marijuana.

I wish the opinion that such people are barely better than radical Islamic terrorists would become mainstream - and loud. It's not hyperbole - prohibition of marijuana is extremely anti-American, goes against the principals of freedom and is extremely harmful to society.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I focus my outrage at ALL of the government when it comes to pot. ALL of the government drops the ball regularly when it comes to the plant and it isn't just Congress' fault. Yes, this includes Obama too. But it also includes your homeslice Sessions.

So why have neither you nor the OP ever started any threads or posted about Obama failing to change MJ laws?

Hypocrisy.
edit on 1-3-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Though really, Obama could just end this whole idiocy and force the DEA to reschedule it...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212

i have a few friends that smoke pot, i have never seen them get high and want to go out and cause problems. mostly they watch movies or game. have some friends that like to drink, once they get a good buzz going they start looking for trouble. i don't know if this is pretty much same for everyone as i neither drink nor smoke myself but seems to me they made the wrong one illegal

About pot etc. - there is ONE major problem with the stuff, and that is that it requires people to smoke. Tobacco is a very dangerous drug. Alcohol, if used moderately, does not hurt anybody but (possibly) the user. Pot, if smoked moderately, may hurt others too (fumes are dangerous).

I'm not sure it's the drink that makes your mates agressive - alcohol reduces your ability to control your emotions, but if you're not the agressive type, you will probably simply fall asleep if you drink too much.

Most people I know tend to drink at most a few beers or a few glasses of wine each week. Not on a daily basis. I've witnessed some alcohol related agression in my life, but most agression seems to be doing fine without the aid of liquor .

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

He can lie openly without fear of reprisal because Trump does it, his administration does it and they get away with it because their base lets them. Hell, they cheer them on.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Well said, I rarely agree with everything the trump administration does and I also rarely post about, it boils down to he doesn't know what # he's talking about or either there's an agenda with the whole private prisons thing or maybe he does know and he's simply blatantly ignoring facts and science in his preconceived anti Marijuana bias just like he said, he already knows that the statistics/ facts (science?), will prove him wrong so why is his pushing it?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyYo
As a Trump supporter.
This is a big No No for me..

Sad

Same. I don't see him doing anything though. I believe we have reached a point in this country where a majority want marijuana legal and taxed. Trump's approval rating would take a huge hit (bigly) and would probably cost him any chance of re-election.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Sessions job is to enforce the law, it's not to turn a blind eye because some people want him to.
Where cannabis is illegal, it's use should be punished. Period.

edit on 1/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Just an update with some new information. The Justice department has sent a warning letter to the Cannabis Cup-

WASHINGTON — A warning from the Justice Department could force one of the world’s largest marijuana festivals to press on without the very herb it celebrates.

Nevada’s Moapa Paiute Tribe is scheduled to host the High Times Cannabis Cup this weekend outside Las Vegas. But in a Feb. 16 letter, a federal attorney reminded the tribe’s chairman that while Nevada law permits the recreational use of marijuana, federal law does not, as the Reno Gazette-Journal first reported.

“I am informed that the tribal council is moving forward with the planned marijuana event referred to as the 2017 High Times Cannabis Cup because it is under the impression that the so-called ‘Cole Memorandum’ and subsequent memoranda from the Department of Justice permit marijuana use, possession and distribution on tribal lands when the state law also permits it,” U.S. Attorney Daniel Bogden wrote in the letter, obtained by the Gazette-Journal. “Unfortunately, this is an incorrect interpretation of the Department’s position on this issue.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...

It's interesting they make a point of saying that legal use in a place where recreational is legal is an incorrect interpretation of the Cole memo.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire The push for the legalization of weed at the state and federal levels is part of the process of the dumbing down of America, also making it easier to control buzzed sheeple. For those of you who grew up in the 70's and are capable of remembering, there was quite a bit of drug induced "malaise" during the Carter administration. I remember back in the day people would ask, "Do you do drugs as a result of personal problems, or do you have personal problems as a result of doing drugs?" BTW, how can it be healthy to inhale marijuana smoke, it damages the lungs just like tobacco smoke does.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: choomsuba

1) People who smoke weed tend to be more willing to question the status quo
2) Some of the most intelligent people in history smoked weed regularly
3) There's no evidence criminalization works, it only enriches drug lords and ruins lives
4) Alcohol, tobacco, fatty foods, many things are unhealthy for us, it's called liberty biatch

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
double post
edit on 2/3/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba
a reply to: RomeByFire The push for the legalization of weed at the state and federal levels is part of the process of the dumbing down of America, also making it easier to control buzzed sheeple. For those of you who grew up in the 70's and are capable of remembering, there was quite a bit of drug induced "malaise" during the Carter administration. I remember back in the day people would ask, "Do you do drugs as a result of personal problems, or do you have personal problems as a result of doing drugs?" BTW, how can it be healthy to inhale marijuana smoke, it damages the lungs just like tobacco smoke does.

Okay, if that was so that marijuana was some kind of control factor why is it not supported across the board? Big Pharma will only support if they can make an all mighty buck, at this point it seems to be interfering with them, not only them but other agencies.

Plus there are other methods of ingestion for those who think there may be a problem smoking it.

Journal of the American Medical Association put a dent in the arguments against Marijuana smoking today, with release of a new report showing casual pot smokers might even have stronger lungs than non smokers.

Researchers say that there is good evidence that occasional marijuana use can cause an increase in lung airflow rates and lung volume. Volume is measured as the total amount of air a person can blow out after taking the deepest breath they can.

The study, which was carried out by The University of California, San Francisco, and The University of Alabama at Birmingham, spans over more than two decades and involves more than 5000 men and women, in four American cities : Birmingham, Chicago, Oakland, Calif., and Minneapolis.
-Source

Comparatively tobacco contains carcinogens additives.

More sources-
Not linked with lung damage-source

Good news for smokers- source
edit on 2-3-2017 by dreamingawake because: ingestion

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join