It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona police maces an 86 year old protester

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Totally excessive and unwarranted. The 86 year old woman will likely have complications from this drop.

There is always a better way to handle a situation like this. It is not as if the officers were about to get rundown and overpowered.

That officer needs to get reprimanded.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The cop pushed her HAND and she fell. What kind of telepathic ability would he need to foresee that happening? And I saw him spray another protestor while the old lady was still on the ground. What reality are some of you in? A complete accident and non story turned into more Cop hating BS. This old woman was in the wrong.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
She didn't start off on the right foot by carrying a sign that has 'RESIST' written on it.
Not charging towards that officer when the situation appears to be extremely tense would be another pointer.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

She didn't start off on the right foot by carrying a sign that has 'RESIST' written on it.

She has freedom of speech. Her sign should have nothing to do with the abuse she received.

Not charging towards that officer when the situation appears to be extremely tense would be another pointer.

An elderly woman walking toward an officer with a wagging finger and a scolding tone is no provocation for police brutality. Give me a break!

And then, spraying that woman next to the fallen women, who reacted her fall with shock, that was reason for termination, plain and simple.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackthorne
agree that they should not have been in the street. but police are not some creature that have all the rights

They have the right to not have you in their personal space like that.

Overreaction? Maybe. But she put herself in that position.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
And ? A protester got what they had coming to them .

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: butcherguy

She has freedom of speech. Her sign should have nothing to do with the abuse she received.

An elderly woman walking toward an officer with a wagging finger and a scolding tone is no provocation for police brutality. Give me a break!

And then, spraying that woman next to the fallen women, who reacted her fall with shock, that was reason for termination, plain and simple.

I support her freedom of speech.
She can say things that I would not recommend all day long.
Kind of like telling a gang banger that he is a wussie.... not recommended.
I think there is more to the story than what we are seeing in the video.
I am not in my 80's and I would not have done what that woman did.... especially with the sirens blowing in the background.
The sirens tell me that there was a lot more going on than just some old ladies holding some signs.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
DID anyone watch the video. HAHAHAHA I laughed. watch the video, A breeze would knock her over. All the force is negated because her arm can pull back.
Her fall is caused because the weight of her arm threw off equilibirum.

If this is BRUTE Force we are all doomed. A 5 year old with a pillow hits with more force than the "Blow" received.

This is why we must let leftist burn down cities, because the second someone stands up to the bullying they cry victim and attempt to be a martyr.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
DID anyone watch the video. HAHAHAHA I laughed. watch the video, A breeze would knock her over. All the force is negated because her arm can pull back.

If this is BRUTE Force we are all doomed. A 5 year old with a pillow hits with more force than the "Blow" received.

This is why we must let leftist burn down cities, because the second someone stands up to the bullying they cry victim and attempt to be a martyr.

I definitely watched the video and I just can't get behind and defend the officers actions. Pushing that woman was beyond cowardly.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

I definitely watched the video and I just can't get behind and defend the officers actions. Pushing that woman was beyond cowardly.

A stretch to call that a push. His force did not hit any of her mass. It was a high powered hand swat.

People bump shoulders while walking with more force than that swat.
edit on 1-3-2017 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

A stretch to call that a push. His force did not hit any of her mass. It was a high powered hand swat.

There's definitely some arrogance in AZ.

I think they still hang on to that "last continental state to join the union".

Kinda like Texas boasts of their "Republic of Texas".

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackthorne
this is the state that wanted to handle protesters the same as terrorists. we do have the right, in the constitution, for peaceful assembly. these old people were not being violent or causing damage. if you have to slam an old person to the ground then mace them to control the situation, you do not need to carry a badge!

www.washingtonpost.com...< br />
www.pressherald.com...

They are terrorists, tag em bag em and ship em off to Gitmo.

Doing an act of violent protest should instantly revoke your citizenship. You get no Constitutional protections from that moment forward. Violent protesting is not protesting, it is insurrection.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
When will people learn? If you are going to a protest, you go armed and you wear protective gear. When police go to a protest, they have weapons and protective gear, you should, too. You know cops bring mace and teargas, bringing a gas mask is just common sense. Helmets, knee and shoulder pads, shin guards, and chest protectors are also good ideas. Any cop is going to think twice about trying to push someone around when they are facing dozens or hundreds of armed protestors.

"Be prepared."

"Peace through superior firepower."

"Those who desire peace prepare for war."

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: reldra

I am getting tired of people being irritated that roadways were blocked when they weren't even on that road and probably never will be.

i could care less about what your tried of.

it's a fact that when you protest and obstruct a roadway you violate someones right. what makes your rights more special than someone else? nothing does, your entitled to peaceful protest and i'm entitled to freedom of movement no matter where in the country it maybe.

if your out protesting for a right or what you find as a injustice, you shouldn't be willing to violates another right to satisfy your sense of injustice.

ETA: especially if that someones right that your violating has nothing to do with what your protesting over. for all you know they may even agree with you but have more important things in life to take care at the moment.

They're not violating your rights any more than a cop detaining you (where you actually ARE restricted in movement) is violating your rights.

You could go around.
You could get out and walk.
You could wait for them to move.
edit on 16Wed, 01 Mar 2017 16:47:44 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago3 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
She was standing in the street blocking traffic. She can't complain.
Police should be given licence to use force against any protester who breaks the law.
edit on 1/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If she was in violation of a law or was considered a threat, she could have easily been removed or detained without the need of such force.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
She was standing in the street blocking traffic. She can't complain.
Police should be given licence to use force against any protester who breaks the law.

Should be, in your opinion, but they're not.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
If she was in violation of a law or was considered a threat, she could have easily been removed or detained without the need of such force.

There was hardly any force. It was a nudge back.
The mace used on the other woman was also justified as she made a move towards the policeman. He has every right to defend himself against a potential attack.
Zero tolerance for those that can't abide by the law.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

LOL.......Authoritarian much? I'd call you un-American, but you're not an American anyway, so............

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: UKTruth

LOL.......Authoritarian much? I'd call you un-American, but you're not an American anyway, so............

Abiding by the law I'd suggest is not only American but also civilised.
All civilised societies are authoritarian to some degree - you abide by the law or you are punished. Simple. Crying about it is not going to help.

edit on 1/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join