It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slain SEAL’s dad wants answers: ‘Don’t hide behind my son’s death’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Indigo5

Made up deflections.

Claim. It was created in haste and rushed. Proven false.

Nope..

Claim. Obama rejected it. Proven false.

Nope..

Waiting for a post that has substance from you rather than lies?

The mission was half-baked..Trump didn't wait for it to finish cooking..

Explain to me why this was the first Spec Ops mission approved by the President in 20+ years that we know of that didn't receive a Joint Chiefs deliberation or National Security Counsel review? A process designed to check the plan for risk assessment and contingencies and vet the intelligence..

Why instead did Trump say "go" during dinner with Bannon and Kushner at the table? What was the rush?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
REJECTED...as one would reject a not ripe fruit from the dinner table.

So you pass unripe fruit to someone else to eat? Obama passed it on to Trump. He did not send it back to the drawing board.

Still waiting for you to source them rejecting it, as you claimed.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Even if Obama was president on January 29 and the op went ahead. Let's say a SEAL got KIA, would this man be holding a photo of his son? And what about the 38 SEALs who were KIA when Taliban shot down their CH-47 in 2011? Where are those fathers holding photos of their sons?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Who the hell are you to tell a father who lost his son how he should handle it? What he should feel?

I haven't told the father anything. I am posting my opinion on the topic. You don't like don't read it. That is who the hell I am sunshine.

This is just a much conjecture on your part as is that of the Captain Hindsight armchair strategists and equally disrespectful.

Yes it is conjecture on my part. That is what 99.999% of what people say on here is conjecture.

This is why I can't stand the political religion in this country. Heads of state are the Popes of the political churches of this nation.

Exactly, like the Father bringing up a gold star family that he felt Trump was disrespectful to. That is what brought the political view into it. I don't even think Trump is religious tbh.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

There is no need for you to tell me what might happen or could happen to those who join the military. I lived it.

It is funny how you refuse to see whats going on then.

My time in the service I met a quite a few that lacked common sense or empathy as well as those who simply spewed crap constantly. It is rare to interact with a vet that qualifies all three.

Empathy has nothing to do with this situation except for the fallen hero. Your lack of common sense to see this for what it is shows were your integrity lies. As far as spewing what you believe is crap I could care less.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

REJECTED...as one would reject a not ripe fruit from the dinner table.

So you pass unripe fruit to someone else to eat? Obama passed it on to Trump. He did not send it back to the drawing board.

Yes. With the assumption they will not eat the unripe fruit until it ripens.

You are being dishonest..

President Obama's National Security Advisor has been very specific as to why Pres. Obama didn't give the go..

He didn't pass it on as a "go" mission.

He didn't approve it.

He left it to mature with more detailed anlaysis, discussion and preparation...NONE of which Trump did.

The raid in Yemen was described as "risky from the start and costly in the end";[10] the "botched" operation raised questions about the choice to go forward with the raid "without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations."[11

The approval of the Yakla raid did not follow the rigorous procedure used during the administrations of George W. Bush and Barack Obama, which involved a Situation Room meeting that detailed the operational plan, operational goals, a risk assessment (to both U.S. personnel and civilians), and a legal assessment of the operation.

Instead, the raid was approved over dinner conversations between Trump, his son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner, his special adviser Stephen Bannon, and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 28-2-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

How is it Trump Incompetence? Did Trump sabotage their ride their? Did Trump arm females with weapons who were thought to be civilians? Did Trump ask him to be a SEAL?

He was a Navy SEAL. He signed up for what he did. Each time the enter an op they may not come home. That is how that job works. They have lots of support personnel also. 21 have been killed in training accidents since 9/11.

www.navysealfoundation.org...

The father should be upset he lost his son but the media is not showing a grieving father. It is using a grieving father and a 'gold star' family to make Donald Trump look incompetent. It is sickening.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

How is it Trump Incompetence?.

See my post above.

An incompetent CIC who is flippant with sending our soldiers in harms way costs lives.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

He did nothing with it. He did not say it should not be done. He did not reject it. You lied.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
You have no idea that trump was "flippant".
All you have is people from a past administration crying because someone did something different that what had been done before.
I will ask you again if the secdef told trump to not go on the mission?
Do you have any evidence that trump did not follow the secdefs recommendation?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

He did nothing with it. He did not say it should not be done. He did not reject it. You lied.

In as much as that SPECIFIC Mission was not seen by his advisors as even ready to be presented to the President for a pass or go decision you are correct.

In as much as he chose NOT to "Go" on the broader Yemen Initiative involving boots on the ground without more research and preparation (that he thought the Trump administration would do) he REJECTED it.

If a proposal is given to you...and you say ...not ready yet, keep working on it...then the plan is REJECTED in ITS CURRENT STATE.

Either you are incapable of cognition or you are BSing pretending you can't think.

Without you acknowledging facts and basic logic and thought ...It appears Trolling...

link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

We're arguing because you just said many of us are too stupid to have a position

In other words you don't have a gun in your avatar.

link   

If it was already a planned op it meant he was signing off on it. In his interviews he said that his staff came to him, asked about the raid and it was approved. What is 'flippant' there? It is procedure. Planning was in the works for a year. He said ok. I have not seen where he is not taking responsibility.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

If it was already a planned op it meant he was signing off on it. In his interviews he said that his staff came to him, asked about the raid and it was approved. What is 'flippant' there?

I summed it up on this page...read or not. Pretending you cant read is kind of insulting to your own brain.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

If a proposal is given to you...and you say ...not ready yet, keep working on it...then the plan is REJECTED in ITS CURRENT STATE.

Except that is not what they did and not what they said they did. Show me where they claim they sent it back for it to be worked on further.

you lied.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

You did not sum up #. You need more proof than a wiki article link to show he was incompetent and it lead to the death of the SEAL. What a bunch of crybabies....

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

If it was already a planned op it meant he was signing off on it. In his interviews he said that his staff came to him, asked about the raid and it was approved. What is 'flippant' there? It is procedure.

The raid in Yemen was described as "risky from the start and costly in the end";[10] the "botched" operation raised questions about the choice to go forward with the raid "without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations."

The approval of the Yakla raid did not follow the rigorous procedure used during the administrations of George W. Bush and Barack Obama, which involved a Situation Room meeting that detailed the operational plan, operational goals, a risk assessment (to both U.S. personnel and civilians), and a legal assessment of the operation.

Instead, the raid was approved over dinner conversations between Trump, his son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner, his special adviser Stephen Bannon, and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Except that is not what they did and not what they said they did. Show me where they claim they sent it back for it to be worked on further.

You should read the thread? Or stop trolling..

Colin Kahl, who was a security official in the Obama White House, called Spicer’s story “B.S.”

“I was there. … No specific raid was discussed. … The ‘moonless night’ thing is B.S.,” he told the Wall Street Journal, adding that the White House never signed off on that specific mission.

“Obama … believed this represented a significant escalation of U.S. involvement in Yemen, and therefore … thought the next administration should take a careful look and run a careful process,” he told the WSJ.

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I did read. You claimed Obama rejected this op. He did not. What is it .. this raid was rejected and sent back tot he drawing board .. or no raid was discussed and they were going to let the next administration look into it?

I love how you keep posting stuff contradicting yourself.

I love how it's not possible the planning for the raid was rushed for Trump because it was already planned before trump took office.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

You really think that while throwing some shrimp cocktail down he just say 'do whatever and make it yuuuge' don't you?

It is Obama officials saying it was not planned or executed correctly.

www.salon.com...

Sounds like someone who is distancing themselves, right?

Then, there is another article that says...

www.vox.com...

It explains a lot. If the plan was not ready and not enough intel as performed it is not the fault of the president. It is the fault of the planning. Here is the CENTCOM spokesperson...you know, where they actually conduct the overseeing of the op. In the end the president takes responsibility for approving but he is not the planner.

Col. John Thomas, a spokesperson for US Central Command (CENTCOM), the combatant command responsible for operations in the Middle East, acknowledged as much in a statement Wednesday: "CENTCOM asks for operations we believe have a good chance for success and when we ask for authorization we certainly believe there is a chance of successful operations based on our planning.”

So here is the guy who actually does spec ops...not a wiki writer....telling us that they would not have moved forward if they thought there was not a chance of success.

So who should be believe Indigo?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join