It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keith Ellison’s supporters say Israel attacks helped sink his DNC bid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

ATLANTA — One day before the Democratic Party chose its new leader, supporters of Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) found themselves suddenly parrying an attack they thought they’d already defeated: that Ellison had a troubling record of opposing Israel and American Jews.

On Friday, a group called the American Jewish Congress told members of the Democratic National Committee that Ellison — the first Muslim member of congress — would "threaten the relationship" between America and Israel. Harvard professor Alan Dershowitz published an op-ed saying an Ellison victory would force him out of the Democratic Party, citing Ellison’s allegedly “sordid association with anti-Semitism.” A letter sent to DNC members said Ellison had a history of “unfairly demonizing” Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians, according to emails shared with Vox and first reported by The Young Turks's Nomiki Konst.

Link

Sour grapes or something more? On the one hand, it seems there were Jewish people both in support and in opposition to Ellison. There are contradictory accounts of Ellison's views on the Israel-Palestine conflict. Remember, there are many Jewish people who are anti-Israel, so criticising Israel does not automatically make you anti-Jewish or hellbent on Israel's destruction.

For those confused about these figures, see the article here.

What do you think?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm surprised the DNC did not see his (alleged) anti-semite views as a positive trait. Certainly many DNC members are quite blatant in their anti-Israel views. What's one more?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Being against the Israeli government is not anti-Semitic. I suspect you know that and are just choosing to propagate ignorance.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Israel has powerful lobbies in the US. There are also Jewish groups that stand with Palestine that backed Ellison, unfortunately the Jewish groups that do stand with Palestine are rendered invisible because of the former.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Ellison broke the cardinal rule of American politics. Thou shalt not speak ill of Israel. Look what happened to Rand Paul he was doing good until he was overheard saying we should cut aid to Israel after that his campaign crashed and burned. Israel has been put on a pedestal by both the Republicans and Democrats and to many of them Israel comes before America.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Given that the majority of Jews are democrats and many of them are wealthy and influential, should anyone be surprised?

As an outsider to that rat's nest, I'm not surprised that somebody showed some common sense of what was good for their party instead of still trying to pull an Obama stunt.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Keith Ellison is an Anti Semite . Alan Dershowitz knows this for a Fact . Ellison''s Connections to Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan , who has a long history of Bigotry against Whites , Jews and the Lesbian , Gay , Bisexual and Transgender Community is his Political Mentor . Any Caucasian Registered Democrat is in for a Big Surprise once Ellison gets Control of the Party .

" Longtime Dem Alan Dershowitz vows to leave party if ‘anti-Semitic’ Keith Ellison is elected chairman "

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I think Keith Ellison is an over rated blowhard. He has no skill beyond a race and religion card...oh that and a big mouth. He is worthless.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Newly elected DNC leader PEREZ will end up being the spokesperson, but the real power will go to Keith Ellison. No way he is satisfied with being second in command of the DNC.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Jews really take the cake when it comes to being a snowflake. The tried and true anti-semitism claim never fails.

I was rooting was ellison, if only to collapse the party.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

most muslims are going to have ties to anti-semitism. Most muslims are going to come into politics through CAIR which is connected to Hamas.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Most Muslims are Anti-American , so what does that Tell you about the Political Goals of Islam ? The Destruction of the United States by Any Means Necessary . We Know their Aims , and are Prepared to Defend Ourselves .

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Politicians are always quick to blame everyone but themselves.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Keith Ellison is an Anti Semite . Alan Dershowitz knows this for a Fact . Ellison''s Connections to Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan , who has a long history of Bigotry against Whites , Jews and the Lesbian , Gay , Bisexual and Transgender Community is his Political Mentor . Any Caucasian Registered Democrat is in for a Big Surprise once Ellison gets Control of the Party .

" Longtime Dem Alan Dershowitz vows to leave party if ‘anti-Semitic’ Keith Ellison is elected chairman "

www.theblaze.com...

Oh, how terrible it would be for the lawyer of Jefferey Epstein to leave the party!

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Another thing I see,why are people attacking muslim's?,most Muslim's I know or have known,have no problems with americans,it's these groups fueled by ,Soros etc,that are here to start crap,kind of like Westboro style of preaching,not so much for the religion part,just to make a statement,and the muslim's I have met are very nice people,my mom worked for them ,they treated her like a queen,these clowns are no different from BLM,or pussyhat wearing snowflakes,dramatics

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Elisson is snakey snakey, no surprise here. If he got elected, he would be under fire constantly from the democrats side and republicans would explore his choice of religion and relationship with Farrakhan constantly... Glad he lost.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

When you Put Religion BEFORE Country , you have Exposed your Inner Subservience to that which is a Proven Unknown . I am talking about All Religions here too .Spiritual Beliefs are one Thing , but Patriotism and Loyalty to Ones Country Supercede's it in a Constitutional Republic , or the God Given Natural Born Right of Personal Freedom Falls by the wayside .

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Oldtimer2

When you Put Religion BEFORE Country , you have Exposed your Inner Subservience to that which is a Proven Unknown . I am talking about All Religions here too .Spiritual Beliefs are one Thing , but Patriotism and Loyalty to Ones Country Supercede's it in a Constitutional Republic , or the God Given Natural Born Right of Personal Freedom Falls by the wayside .

I take it you don't know that Islam commands that its followers follow the laws of the Nations they are living in. Also can you provide proof of where Ellison has put his religion before his country?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
I take it you don't know that Islam commands that its followers follow the laws of the Nations they are living in. Also can you provide proof of where Ellison has put his religion before his country?

Convenient then, isn't it, that hard-line Muslims can use the freedom and protection granted by the laws in most non-Muslim majority countries to try make Sharia a reality? If that gets achieved, there is no way of becoming secular again unless through a bloody violent revolution.
edit on 3/3/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

originally posted by: buster2010

Convenient then, isn't it, that hard-line Muslims can use the freedom and protection granted by the laws in most non-Muslim majority countries to try make Sharia a reality? If that gets achieved, there is no way of becoming secular again unless through a bloody violent revolution.

Come back when you have a clue what you are talking about because the Sharia whine is getting old. Not to mention the Constitution would stop Sharia. So you can stop the FOX news propaganda.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join