It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Obama Left Us More Racially Divided Than Ever

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Read this story all the way through. It takes neither a left, nor a right wing stance on the topic. John Gibbs is a black guy who, if I'm not mistaken, voted for Obama twice but he lists the reasons why this country is so divided along racial lines, and that is what has led to such a partisan divide as well. Throwing insults, using the race card, white privilege seminars, etc. Many of us on the right are under the impression that we were divided purposely, and I still feel like we re in a way to "divide and conquer" until Hillary lost, but read the story. I'll quote some highlights below. It brings up so many great points.

Why America is so racially divided

Under President Obama, many black folks think racial division has increased, not decreased. A family friend, who is a Democrat and an Obama supporter, recently curiously remarked, “I’ll be glad when Obama is out of office.” He said this not as an affront to President Obama, but as an acknowledgement that the state of racial affairs seems to have gotten worse under him.

Many whites feel the same way, which is one reason Donald Trump is popular. His outright rejection of political correctness that many Americans are sick of seems like a step in the right direction to his supporters, who hope removing PC will allow for honest dialogue without fear of being called racist amidst an environment that has become increasingly charged and accusatory.

Why is this the case? How did we get to a spot where black and white perceptions on race are so divergent, and we are more divided than ever? It starts with how you view our country.

I searched the site to see if this had been posted but couldn't find anything.
edit on Thu Feb 23 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Lol its obama fault theres so many racist in america.

More blaming others for there own short comings. So no proof, just hear say, thats perfect for more fake outrage.
edit on 23-2-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Thanks for reading and responding.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

But yet you'll turn right around and blame Trump for everything? What's that word I'm looking for.. hypo.... Yes hippo..

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm going to state my own opinion that there are the exact same amount of racists before Obama, after Obama, and now during Trump, than there have always been. They just didn't get 24/7 news cycle coverage until it was a Democrat campaign strategy.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Thanks for reading and responding.

Its hear say and a few peoples opinion, but hey thats good enough for you.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Very true... He covered that when he said this:

A small sampling of the ways he has done this are: accusing whites of “white privilege,” which means having an unfair advantage due to being white, an advantage built upon oppressing minorities; accusing the police and justice system at large of racism; blaming pay differences between men and women on discrimination; and casting Islamic radicalism as a legitimate response to discrimination (ostensibly by white Christians).

This strategy has had two effects: 1) It’s caused the alleged victims of the perceived discrimination to become more militant, hostile, and only willing to make demands and not willing to engage in dialogue due to increasing their sense of victimhood, and 2) It’s caused the alleged perpetrators of the perceived discrimination to feel unfairly blamed for problems that are not their fault, thus less willing to engage in dialogue with people who will do nothing but accuse them of wrongdoing.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

But yet you'll turn right around and blame Trump for everything? What's that word I'm looking for.. hypo.... Yes hippo..

Good luck with that son, trump is an idiot,
but racism is learned from your environment, not from obama.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
There's more racism after Obama than before?

What are these people smoking.

I've posted before that I had a friend that woke up to a burning cross in his front yard when he was a kid. All because his white dad told some racists to leave a black couple alone.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I think it makes a lot of sense. Did you see this part? "It’s caused the alleged victims of the perceived discrimination to become more militant, hostile, and only willing to make demands and not willing to engage in dialogue due to increasing their sense of victimhood."

. . .not willing to engage in dialogue. . .dukeofjive.

In other words, not willing to take part in a conversation or discussion to resolve a problem.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

But not so for President Obama. His view of our nation seems to be very different than mine and that of many other Americans. I believe that when President Obama thinks of America, more so than a place of hope or opportunity, he thinks of a place where racist white Christian fundamentalists came here from Europe, committed genocide against Native Americans, enslaved and segregated black people, denied women, gays, and other minorities their rights, and used capitalism and a rigged legal system to oppress poor people for centuries. He also believes this is still continuing today.

I disagree. I don't think this guy has any idea what Obama thinks anymore than I do. In fact, what I'm reading is John Gibbs projecting how he imagines that Obama views America.

The freak out over Obama started before he was even sworn in. How do you or Gibbs explain that with this absurd thesis that blames Obama for the reaction of white conservatives?

Why is it that white liberals don't feel this?

Many whites feel the same way, which is one reason Donald Trump is popular. His outright rejection of political correctness that many Americans are sick of seems like a step in the right direction to his supporters, who hope removing PC will allow for honest dialogue without fear of being called racist amidst an environment that has become increasingly charged and accusatory.

I could gaf about political correctness. I don't try to be politically correct in person, online, etc and the only time I have ever been called a racist was on ATS by conservatives because I pointed out that Donald Trump used cult members in Florida rallies as props to persuade his followers that he's actually popular with black people.

But hey, whatever makes white conservatives feel like victims and absolves them of their part in racial division!
edit on 2017-2-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Yes, we are much more racially divided NOW than we were when Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, and Bush II were president. I have my own anecdotal story, in 1997 I walked out to the parking lot of my High School and found 6 rednecks rocking my truck in an attempt to tump it over because most of my friends were black. I was also in a small town with a population of 550. What year did your friend find a burning cross?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I disagree. I don't think this guy has any idea what Obama thinks anymore than I do. In fact, what I'm reading is John Gibbs projecting how he imagines that Obama views America. 

The freak out over Obama started before he was even sworn in.

I agree with you here, can this dynamic be applied to Trump as well?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Liberals don't feel like that because they think along the same lines of Obama. I remember Obama's first mistake, when he said the cops acted stupidly in arresting the guy they got a phone call about, the caller said he was trying to break into a house. He had an attitude with the police from the moment they showed up and told one of them he was gonna screw the guy's mom or something similar. Turns out the guy lived there and locked himself out. So while he was innocent, the cops were just doing their job, yet the president came out and condemned them without the facts. We all went downhill from there. From Trayvon Martin to Michael Brown to Freddie Gray, the president took sides before the facts were out. He should have stuck with the standard of waiting before jumping to conclusions.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Political Correctness initially outed the true racists, but that wasn't good enough. They wanted to make an example of everyone, so they could steal freedom of speech through the back door.

Political Correctness is blamed on the Liberals, but in real truthfulness it was championed by the Establishment, Left, Right and Centre, make no mistake.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Occurs he did, he wanted violence to erupt in every town in this nation and in every city.

To take away from the fact that he was a frog and a fraud and in 8 years his hope and change was nothing but a hoax.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

The establishment helped Trump win this election because we're all sick of those idiots.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The idiots are very well organized and doing every thing the can to keep the racial discontent and violence in the nation.

They are dangerous to our nation national security, they want to interrupt our government in any way they can and the hell with the silent majority will.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

I think it makes a lot of sense. Did you see this part? "It’s caused the alleged victims of the perceived discrimination to become more militant, hostile, and only willing to make demands and not willing to engage in dialogue due to increasing their sense of victimhood."

. . .not willing to engage in dialogue. . .dukeofjive.

In other words, not willing to take part in a conversation or discussion to resolve a problem.

And that is still not obamas fault, for 8 years you guys claimed he was either the dumbest man alive or an evil genius, and still today you guys keep on blaming obama for everything.

Man up and stop blaming others for
Your #ty life.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 23-2-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join