It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nestle LEAVES CALIFORNIA Over Liberal Policies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Another big company is leaving the State of California.

This time it's Nestle.

Looks like they are going to Virginia for tax incentives.

The story has a report that claims more than 1600 companies have moved out of California from 2008 thru 2015.

what's going on ?

Opinionated story:
Nestle LEAVES CALIFORNIA Over Liberal Policies

California is known as a haven for liberal policies, being a very anti-business, anti-capitalist place. This week, conglomerate Nestle, will be moving its headquarters from Glendale, California to Rosslyn, Virginia.

As the company moved thousands of jobs away from Californians, this will no doubt affect their local economy. While Nestle cites other reasons on their website, it is no secret that California over-taxes and over-regulates, making it difficult for many businesses to stay there.

According to investors.com, Virginia pulled out many stops for Nestle to bring its business over there, including $16 million in tax incentives. While Glendale officials said the move was “no big deal,” claiming they had other companies that want to do business there.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I thought it was because they are really short on water....

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Interesting. I wonder if this would work in Canada because I would have no problem seeing the backside of that evil corp crossing the border.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Or is it because all the water is running out and they can't make enough profit from the region?

Wasn't it the CEO of Nestle who said that we don't have a human right to the access of water?

edit on 20/2/17 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Well I have much ill will towards Nestle, not as much as I have for California politics...so its a mixed bag for me.

And im planning on buying land in ol Virginia in a couple years...hope they dont mess property values up.

As far as liberal taxation...FAIL as usual.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

This is actually wonderful news. Nestle exploits water rights world wide,including in a CA national forest. California certainly won't be hurt by the move. This is a success for public lands over greedy corporations.
edit on 020172017k22805America/Chicagothpm by Look2theSacredHeart because: fix link

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Maybe it has something to do with Calexit?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

They have ben talking about leaving for several YEARS and it is because of their need for large quantities of WATER.

Freaking fake news and alternate facts you guys come up with!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

They have ben talking about leaving for several YEARS and it is because of their need for large quantities of WATER.

Freaking fake news and alternate facts you guys come up with!!!

Yeah, capitalism/communism is great when a need becomes a want/profit or death.

/sarc

edit on 20-2-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Another story ....

3 Simple Charts That Help Explain Why 9,000 Businesses Have Left California In Just 7 Years

We recently came across some simple charts from the Tax Foundation that simply and effectively illustrate why businesses are fleeing states like California by the 1,000s.

In the first chart, the Tax Foundation presents data from The Bureau of Economic Analysis to compare purchasing power of $100 depending which state you live in. Ironically, the map turned out to look eerily similar to recent electoral college maps of Presidential elections with the Democrat-leaning northeast and west coast areas getting less bang for their buck compared to the southeast and mid-west. Could it be that rather than voting their desires to cling to "guns and religion," to quote President Obama, that Americans in the southeast and mid-west are actually voting to preserve a higher standard of life that doesn't require them to spend $2mm on an 800 square foot apartment?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Well I have much ill will towards Nestle, not as much as I have for California politics...so its a mixed bag for me.

And im planning on buying land in ol Virginia in a couple years...hope they dont mess property values up.

Oh boy! From the frying pan, California's drought ridden lands, to Virginia, where the coal industry dumps it waste into local streams!

Win/Win!

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Guess they'll need more Federal money and more jobs to offer displaced workers? Heard anything about them getting Federal money since the Trump threat to withhold funds? I wonder what the schedule is for the next distribution of federal money to California... And then there's the money they want to fix the Dam that they failed to maintain all these years

edit on 20-2-2017 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
What Drought ?

Or, is it because they got caught getting their bottle water,

From a well under the employee's Parking Lot ?

Bye...

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Good, less likely to make our candy bars with illegals from any other State.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

What Drought ?

The one that has happened the past couple of years and is still ongoing.

U.S. Drought Monitor

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Get ready for a drought wherever they are going.

Im dancing in the rain, they been stealing our water and selling it elsewhere forever.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Wasn't it the CEO of Nestle who said that we don't have a human right to the access of water?

I cannot remember the exact quote but did he not say that yeah, we have a human right to water, as we have to food, clothing and housing too, but that does not mean we have a human right right to get it handed to us for free?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Or is it because all the water is running out and they can't make enough profit from the region?

Dude, why are you being SO liberal, anti-capitalist, and anti-Jesus!!! There is NOTHING in the Bible nor Constitution about water rights, at least according to the RNC and my pastor... Nestle has a *right* to extract Californian water, even during an extreme drought, and sell it at high profit.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
What Drought ?

Or, is it because they got caught getting their bottle water,

From a well under the employee's Parking Lot ?

Bye...

Are you serious? There was a severe drought in California until just recently, for years. I know, I'm from there.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: whyamIhere

What Drought ?

The one that has happened the past couple of years and is still ongoing.

U.S. Drought Monitor

It's been raining here for a month.

Did you see the Dam overflowing ?

That's in California.

I don't need a map to tell me what mud is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join