It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders cut off from CNN After calling them Fake News

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Bernie cracks a CNN fake news joke and it looks like someone at CNN didn't think it was so funny.

Pure theater.
edit on Sat Feb 11 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: loam
Perhaps they have installed an "automatic censor" which instantly cuts the sound on the phrase "fake news", or at least if "CNN" and "fake news" are mentioned in quick succession?
Being automatic, it would not allow for somebody making a joke.

edit on 11-2-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Your post is fake news.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I wonder how long before CNN decides upon a 30 second tape delay? I bet you it's being discussed.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

Explain how?

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Because it shows the truth about the Left and their "news" network.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

He made that statement with anger and disdain in his voice, that was no joke.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Technical difficulties. She hears him, he can't hear her. This has happened numerous times on CNN.

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Hey guys and gals we need to stop calling CNN fake news..not entirely accurate.. They really should be called fabricated news for if there really is no story they will darn sure make one up to fill a time slot.. I said this before but if Trump's hat was blown into the water and he walked upon the water to retrieve his hat the press headline would be, "TRUMP CAN'T SWIM!"

Yep my bias is showing for not only do I not like their owners but I also do not like the twisted drivel they try to make into news.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Well, in all fairness to CNN, they now consider the term 'fake news' equivalent to the N-word. Can't have that aired and risk offending journalists.

CNN's Chris Cuomo: 'Fake news' label 'the equivalent of the N-word for journalists'

No word yet from BLM et al whether they consider Cuomo's view a cultural appropriation of distasteful insults.

We are all trapped in a Lewis Carroll novel.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yeah.......I have a Rat Terrier....He yarps at every strange noise, turning each into an "End of The World" event, and even worse, he sits and shakes just in case there's something to be nervous about, on a hair trigger for another "End of The World" sound......remind you of a certain group?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Oh no, must have been a *technical difficulty*.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

General VoNguyen Giap.

General Giap was a brilliant, highly respected leader

of the North Vietnam military. The following quote

is from his memoirs currently found in the

Vietnam war memorial in Hanoi:

'What we still don't understand is why you Americans

stopped the bombing of Hanoi. You had us on the

ropes. If you had pressed us a little harder,

just for another day or two, we were ready

to surrender! It was the same at the

battle of TET. You defeated us!

We knew it, and we thought

you knew it.

But we were elated to notice your media was

helping us. They were causing more disruption in

America than we could in the battlefields. We

were ready to surrender. You had won!'

General Giap has published his memoirs and confirmed

what most Americans knew. The Vietnam war was not

lost in Vietnam — it was lost at home. The

same slippery slope, sponsored by the U.S. media,

is currently underway. It exposes the

enormous power of a Biased Media to

cut out the heart and will of

the American public.

A truism worthy of note: . . . Do not fear the enemy,
for they can take only your life.
Fear the media,
for they will distort your grasp of reality and destroy your honor

(post by ugmold removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: DAVID64

Well, in all fairness to CNN, they now consider the term 'fake news' equivalent to the N-word. Can't have that aired and risk offending journalists.

And let's not forget, it was CNN that first started accusing other journalists of being fake news.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
haha the show

it keeps ghoing on.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The mainstream will squeeze out all alternatives. It almost surprises me they even had Bernie on there, given how sold on Hillary they were all election cycle. It's past the point of ridiculousness.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

Technical difficulties. She hears him, he can't hear her. This has happened numerous times on CNN.

And the fact that he came back on and continued talking for 10 more minutes kind of tells us they weren't just shutting him down. And when she came back from the break, she even jokingly mentions fake news, so it's not like those words are verboten on CNN.

Interesting that the OP's video cuts the whole rest of the conversation off.
edit on 11-2-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Of course, the good general misses rather the point, does he not?

Yes, of course America had the North Vietnamese on the ropes. The crucial thing though, was their reason for being there in the first place, which was utterly, and entirely based on a desire to prevent the Russians from being involved there, spreading communism.

Guess what? It is not Americas job now, nor has it ever been, to prevent the spread of communism, or to force nations to behave in a way which lines up with the American ideal. When a nation threatens all nations with invasion and domination, that is an entirely different matter, but that has ONLY happened once in the last hundred years to a degree necessary to warrant a full mobilisation of a military superpower, in order to combat it. That one time it was valid to do anything like invade another nation in order to oust a dangerous regime, was the time when the Americans turned up years late to the fight against the Nazis.

That is the only legitimate, large scale mobilisation of American troops there has actually been, since the bolt action rifle was first conceived. All the other conflicts and campaigns have been entirely illegitimate. Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, and so on and so forth... all based on propagandism, lies, nonsense, nationalistic exceptionalism, colonialism and greed on the part of leaders, and a general lack of awareness on the part of recruits, that their lives were about to be spent by men who cared not one bit about them, for reasons which do not pass muster unless you accept the brainwashing of corporatism first.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Affirmative. I was watching and it was clearly a joke. His earpiece went out, they fixed it, he came back.
I think most of the fake news that circulates is from articles on the internet, you know, like this one.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join