It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machine Invasion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I posted a thread of some of my new works, and some people showed interest in my machines series. I figured I'd post a thread just for this body of work.

This series was started when I contracted for go0gle. The place was full of bright young underpaid and underexperienced minds. I got in a slump there and wrestled with their illogical policies that changed weekly. I painted nonstop on my freetime, but started the first piece in this series as a "do-over" over an existing abstract I created. This piece sold immediately for a decent price and I started to wander deeper.

This place sucked the life and creativity out of most, I saw how miserable most were, cool part is they let me hang my art at work. I created so many machines after the 2 years I was there it became a series.

What I started to realize about this series is it made almost every industrial environment I hung it in feel like fine art, the art made the crude aspects of the venue seem artistic, and the art looked better as well.

Putting them anywhere near duct-work, pipes, vents, other actual machines, made the whole experience better. And against colored walls, shiny silver art pops insanely hard. Coolest part was I was finding tons of ideas for new work constantly.

Framing these pieces is seriously fun for me too, it's putting icing on the cake. I tend to haunt goodwill, but a good sized frame store with pre-made frames is so tempting that I can't resist.

And, until recently this whole series was oils, but I've learned to create similar cool reflective effects with acrylics. Many of my new series are all iridescent acrylics mixed with luminescent inks.

I'm showing them again at an artwalk this Friday, the last pic is my setup at my residency. The next day I'm moving the show to a killer new coffee house in a busy part of town.

And thanks again for taking a look at what I pour my heart and soul into, what I hope will become something worthy of merit in the minds of interesting humans on this journey with me.

Cheers!!

edit on 8-2-2017 by Aliquandro because: one more!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I love your work!

It reminds me of some of the stuff my roomate in college did. He was interested in mechanical imagery juxtaposed with the human circulatory system, and did a few paintings on that.

Thanks for posting this!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

You inspired me to do something I never thought of, thank you for connecting with your inner self for a conversation

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Love the one in the gold frame, the purple really makes it pop! I'm mechanical but unfortunately not artistic. I do know what speaks to me and what I like. This I like, I like it a lot!!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Stunning work. I would love to meet with you and be your under study. Keep up the amazing creations.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

This reminds of things that you see when you are.... erm.. chilling.

Love the color choices, spot on.
edit on 9-2-2017 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I'm glad you enjoy them, I am inspired by micro-cellular structures and general textures of any kind. Sometimes I put on documentaries of nature/science/biology topics while I paint.

The whole series evolved from trying to figure out to use silver paint. Still learning

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I've been thinking about what you said, and yes my inner dialogue comes out when I have to analyze what I do.

Part of it might be I want to share the process as much as possible, and aspiring artists need to see how other artists work. Art to me is magic, so I'm always amazed how it takes place

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

This piece is titled 'Egyptian Lemon machine'. The piece was actually an existing, unfinished goodwill find. It was of a lemon sitting next to an apothecary bottle. I turned it into a machine while leaving as much of the existing piece intact, then found a killer gold frame at goodwill and the title came to me.

I call these 'do-overs' since they are done over existing work (mine or someone else's) and they tend to be some of my best work.

Really happy you enjoy this piece

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Thank you for that, the talented person I studied under recently passed on. I have been reflecting on lessons and the work he created, and trying to share more of what I do.

If you make it out to Seattle, I'd welcome some studio visits for sure, and I got a spare easel

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

I'm in WA state, so yes, "chilling" is quite popular here LOL!

I can paint in any state of mind usually. When I want to create new abstracts I have a few nice IPAs under my belt and a ton of blank canvases. When I dive into colors and adding textures I like to be mostly chilled. I need to be in a state of mind that I feel what I'm creating, sometimes that can be just after meditating or waking up after a bizarre dream.

Thank you for the kudos

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
To be blunt Aliquandro, you are one of my favorite artists.

Coming from a family of artists and engineers (truly interesting mix), I have been exposed to both sides constantly. The works posted in this thread really mimic that combination for me. I'm going to share it with some of the people I know in the next day or two.

Please keep posting your stuff

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I wish I could hug you, or at least give you a million stars. Artists live to hear words like that.

I have a very interesting mix in my family as well, tons of art and science mixed with music, I was blessed with tons of interesting influences.

I will post a new series soon, since I have tons of work in many different directions.

Thank you for sharing it with whoever you think might enjoy them

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Consider yourself e-hugged
In my opinion, this sort of thread goes beyond just looking at the beautiful work.

Since you were exposed to a similar familial mix.. isn't it interesting how splendidly the two ways of thinking mix?

I've absolutely loved every series you have posted, so I eagerly await the next! Ill let you know what they have to say. We are always looking for fantastic new artists to feature in our business too, even if that side of things has lulled in lieu of dozens of burst pipes, leaking water supply, waterfalls out of ceilings, and what seems like hundreds of feet of snow! Reading that, that could even make a neat theme itself, lol.

I think seeing your work will massively brighten my fathers day. Something I am striving to do to the best of my ability since the cancer moved into his liver. It should never be diminished how much impact our creative works can have on others

Thank you for bringing your mindscapes into the world so we can all revel in them!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I have a hard time not mixing all interests together when I'm creating, so I tried to make more distinct themes. They still tend to all blend.

I sure hope this cheers up your father, here's the best shot I could get of my largest piece for this show

thank you again

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Very beautiful and thought provoking work!!!
My mind starts to relate to all aspects of life and society being interconnected!!! Love it!
Ive been on ATS for anout 6 months now and didnt know there was a forum for this! (Im also an artist)
Thank you for some inspiration!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
To be blunt Aliquandro, you are one of my favorite artists.

Coming from a family of artists and engineers (truly interesting mix), I have been exposed to both sides constantly. The works posted in this thread really mimic that combination for me. I'm going to share it with some of the people I know in the next day or two.

Please keep posting your stuff

Wait a sec..... there is other artists/ engineers?!?! I thought i was the only one!!!! That is wonderful to hear!!! As im sure your family has told you, the 2 blend together nearly seamlessly when working on either.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Amazingly beautiful!

I love all things Art and Machine!

Wonderful use of color dynamic, and awesome integrations!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Kind offer, I would be there in a flash if I was not in nz and eating crumbs for dinner.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

Thanks for checking it out, this forum has almost every topic you can imagine, even art

Arts/sciences are a nice combo for creating interesting art

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join