It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does America Still Exist Without Border Control?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
So I have been trying to understand why anyone with any logical thought would be against a temporary ban on immigration from known terrorist countries or a strong border defense.

On the first issue why do people have a problem on a temporary ban while we review and implement stronger vetting procedures? Given what is happening in Europe it is only logical we tighten our processes to better adapt to a post 9/11 world.

How is this not simply prudent and logical?

On the second issue why are people against stronger border protection and control? Even if you disagree with Trumps wall, doing SOMETHING is better than the failed policies of the last 8 (16?) years.

Without a strong, controlled border and the rule of law America no longer exists as a nation. If you are against this you are logically against America existing as a country (which is what you probably want if you are a Globalist/Soros type).

Finally, if you support 'Sanctuary' cities are you an Anarchist or are you just special and get to pick and choose laws which you obey and don't?

I am no fan of the Fed's, but I do love America. Without protected borders and enforced immigration policy America is gone. Surely people understand this?

If you don't want America to exist at least OWN that and admit who you really are...a Soros style Globalist.

edit on 2017/2/8 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

IMO this is where the media and education is largely to blame. Take this sentence.

Immigrants will not be able to have access into the U.S.

How vague is that statement, yet we see it all the time. It does not designate legality or motive or even origin. How can an argument be had without the pertinent information on the subject matter. Now feed this into facetwitt or whatever or slap it on a meme and you have what you see today.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
So I have been trying to understand why anyone with any logical thought would be against a temporary ban on immigration from known terrorist countries

What about Saudi Arabia?

Oh, Trump has business interests there, so he cannot stop people from there coming....

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I can't argue against such sound and reasonable policies myself. I have always been in favor of militarizing our Southern border myself. Drones, artillery, AA, automated pillboxes, the works. I may not care for Israel's policies or how they strut their supremacist world view, but I have to respect how they protect a border.

There is also one of my outlandish ideas that we relocate Israel to the Mexican Southern border and let them do the same thing they did after ww2 to get the land they did. Our Southern border would be secure forever!

But pill boxes and drones works for now. In regards to immigration/refugees security, I find it odd that people protest a temporary order that barely affects any innocent people at all.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I support the constitution... all of it. Supposedly the immigration ban is unconstitutional, maybe it is or isnt that is for the courts. If you don't support the constitution then that is un-American.

As far as the wall I don't care if its built, but I do care about my tax dollars being spent on it.

I don't like sanctuary cities, but that is a job for ICE. Forcing states to arrest and hold illegals till they can get around to it is a burden on local economies. Donald said he would hire more officers to handle the problem and that is what he should do the burden is on him.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

So I have been trying to understand why anyone with any logical thought would be against a temporary ban on immigration from known terrorist countries

What about Saudi Arabia?

Oh, Trump has business interests there, so he cannot stop people from there coming....

It may shock you, but I agree with you and posted as much HERE.

It isn't Trump it is every President since WW2, but it isn't a Partisan thing like you have tried to frame it.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I don't see how it can be UnConstitutional to decide who can immigrate to our country. Many Presidents have put bans in place before and now simply because it us Trump it becomes UnConstiturional.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Supposedly Trumps BAN/EO is unconstitutional according to the federal courts who have looked at it. They could be wrong or could be right that will be decided in a court of law. There is no use bitching about it like so many have.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
look i'm gonna be honest, i run into issues right in your first sentence;

there's no such thing as a terrorist country

and like i understand why thinking in such absolutist terms has become such A Thing of late but as long as that's the angle you're coming from there's never going to be room for a productive conversation.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

SOMETHING is better than the failed policies of the last 8 (16?) years

Actually policy does change immigration significantly. Easier access creates more tunneling for legalities.

Take the fact illegal immigration decreased over a period when Obama made mailing Green Cards legal.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
A population is intrinsically tied to it's territory. America does not exist without its borders, and it has every right to bestow the privilege of immigrating to the country to whomever it likes.

Most of the countries are failed states, without databases or proper law enforcement. Until immigration is figured out, the Americans have a duty to the territory and its people.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Yes. There has been much talk about figuring out immigration. Over a few administrations.

I guess it's complicated. Like health care. The president is working his way through pre-school.

"It's in the process and maybe it will take till sometime into next year, but we are certainly going to be in the process. It's very complicated," Trump said.
www.npr.org...

Wasn't it supposed to take a week?

edit on 2/8/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yes. There has been much talk about figuring out immigration. Over a few administrations.
I guess it's complicated.

Actually this is quite surprising historically due to wanting a pool of cheap labour Republicans were the ones for loose borders and amnesties I remember in the Reagan years coming back from Tijuana there were dozens climbing the fence in broad daylight.
edit on 8-2-2017 by khnum because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2017 by khnum because: smirnoff

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Maybe they should have put a freeze on it.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

There's an app (wall) for that.
Right? Simple. Right?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

There's an app (wall) for that.
Right? Simple. Right?

To conduct a review? No app for that.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I guess it's complicated. Like health care. The president is working his way through pre-school.

"It's in the process and maybe it will take till sometime into next year, but we are certainly going to be in the process. It's very complicated," Trump said.
www.npr.org...

Wasn't it supposed to take a week?

Six days.

On the seventh, he was supposed to rest.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Does America Still Exist Without A Real POTUS?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

They are all real.
Some have been better than others.

The US is still here. 'Cuz the Court, and Congress, and stuff.

Gets dicey now and then. I'll grant you that.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

On the first issue why do people have a problem on a temporary ban while we review and implement stronger vetting procedures?

Because we already use one of the most intense processes for vetting refugees. What next torture?

On the second issue why are people against stronger border protection and control? Even if you disagree with Trumps wall, doing SOMETHING is better than the failed policies of the last 8 (16?) years.

Don't keep up with the times? More are leaving than entering. Turn your own land into a prison seeing how you need walls to feel safe.

I am no fan of the Fed's, but I do love America. Without protected borders and enforced immigration policy America is gone. Surely people understand this?

What drama please find a good violin solo to go with that little speech. If you crave walls and enforced immigration then you don't understand what America and Freedom really stands for.

If you don't want America to exist at least OWN that and admit who you really are...a Soros style Globalist.

And your little post shows what you really are a Trump style fascist in training.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join