It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you HANDLE this in the future ? i want one.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Hey all, you just have to check this out. Unreal.

The Future Just Live Leak (don't panic)

The guys over at Boston Dynamics have taken things to new level. I'll try to add more to this thread but it appears this may be a leaked video, so information may be rare at this time.

I'll keep searching for data and add as i find.

Technology Review

Usually, robots made by Boston Dynamics roam on two or four legs. This one, however, has wheels at the end of its two limbs. It’s a complex engineering problem, staying upright on two wheels like that, and Raibert says that the robot is constantly shifting weight to stay balanced. Unlike its brethren, that means it's not great at tackling rough ground. But it makes up for that with speed—oh, and it can jump, too. Raibert calls it “a nightmare-inducing robot,” and like many of Boston Dynamics's creations, it is a bit frightening. But the company appears to have a useful purpose for it in mind. The video shows it handling a series of different, heavy objects in warehouse-like situations. There, of course, its inability to handle rough terrain wouldn’t matter, as it could glide across smooth concrete floors, reaching up to high shelves along the way. And, perhaps, occasionally scare people out of their wits.

edit on 2/2/2017 by scubagravy because: add

edit on 2/2/2017 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

It's starting. I'm going to search for Jon Connor.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Ha, well i heard Sara Connor is in Indonesia on murder charges at the moment

Sara Connor in Bali

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Ha! She was framed and they think she's crazy. We know how this plays out!!!!

Oh , that was an awesome video. Thanks for sharing it!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Well it certainly is creepy and a little frightening .

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

i just read about this on RT, you beat me to it. Here is the video embed

I was going to add the gif images of it doing its stuff, but they are too large to upload. There goes the warehouse jobs

Im going to guess that Amazon and Wal-Mart will be the first two primary buyers after the military of course. Man imagine being some poor schmuck in an isolated battle zone as a civilian, and mechanical beasts like this start rolling in with the the troops. Would sure be a game changer in the battle for "hearts and minds".

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Thank you.

I searched YT but to no evail

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Well this is a whole buncha nope.... Cool but.. Nope...

It won't be long before they merge all these seemingly randomly ai projects(that poker ai, the Google one that went evil, etc) and a bipedal with the balance and capabilities of this thing. The compensating and using shifting weight thing is nuts... Again nope.. I saw something like this in robo cop and nope.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Reminds me of officer Short Shrift from The Phantom Tollbooth . . . . ."guilty, guilty, guilty, guilty . . . ."

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

you should see some of the other bots they featured during the presentation Handle was only the tail end of it.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The robot looks great. I can imagine these being made so you can ride and drive them. To replace wheelchairs as the new mobility. They could also be adapted for off-road rally racing.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Seen their other robots but this latest one is too fast for my taste. Lol

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Daggits are real!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Oh yeah, to ride one would be one mean segway !!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I would bet anything that in secrecy they already have Terminator/Avatar type machines. Neat either way and a little creepy!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
Hey all, you just have to check this out. Unreal.

The Future Just Live Leak (don't panic)

The guys over at Boston Dynamics have taken things to new level. I'll try to add more to this thread but it appears this may be a leaked video, so information may be rare at this time.

I'll keep searching for data and add as i find.

Technology Review

Usually, robots made by Boston Dynamics roam on two or four legs. This one, however, has wheels at the end of its two limbs. It’s a complex engineering problem, staying upright on two wheels like that, and Raibert says that the robot is constantly shifting weight to stay balanced. Unlike its brethren, that means it's not great at tackling rough ground. But it makes up for that with speed—oh, and it can jump, too. Raibert calls it “a nightmare-inducing robot,” and like many of Boston Dynamics's creations, it is a bit frightening. But the company appears to have a useful purpose for it in mind. The video shows it handling a series of different, heavy objects in warehouse-like situations. There, of course, its inability to handle rough terrain wouldn’t matter, as it could glide across smooth concrete floors, reaching up to high shelves along the way. And, perhaps, occasionally scare people out of their wits.

Well, Google did/does own BD...bought them for $500 million in 2013 but put them up for sale last year...not sure if they sold though.

Google actually bought a few large robotics companies at the same time.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
They have worked over this prototype for months and maybe years. I can hit it ONCE with my nine pound hammer 🔨 and it will fall apart.

Problem terminated.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign
What would you need a hammer for? All you have to do is walk up some stairs. I'll guarantee it can't climb.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Do you mean what we're seeing is what the apprentices are able to do now, but the tradesman of the craft are well ahead of this ?

i'd have to agree

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing, pretty cool find !

It's almost like it is saying "come at me bro ! "

LOL !

top topics

<<   2 >>

join