It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Declassifies UFO Files on Himalayan Sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hi,

This seems to rebut arguments that the US Government does not track UFOs.
Hopefully MUFON personnel are reading this.

The CIA recently declassified a selection of documents, in total about 13 million pages. The release included more than mundane analytical reports, with the agency’s investigation into UFO sightings finally now revealed.

Here's the link:
From Tibet to Nepal: CIA Declassifies Files on UFO Sightings Over Himalayas

edit on 31/1/17 by Adonsa because: Fixed gramatical error first sentence

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Adonsa

I'm reading the first few sightings over India in that link sound more like what we have come to understand as meteors / bolides streaking in the atmosphere. The straight line track, lighting up the surroundings, noises afterward, etc...

(Depending), they can be short or long lived like this example from 1972...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adonsa
Hi,

I'm not sure if how anyone could argue that the U.S. government/military never studied the UFO phenomenon, because they had programs that were public knowledge that did study UFO reports.

This cases identified in your post are from 1968, and in 1968 it was public knowledge that the U.S. Air Force studied the UFO phenomenon in its Project Blue Book, which was active between 1952 and 1970. Prior to Project Blue Book were other publicly-known Official U.S. Air Force studies of the UFO phenomenon named Project Grudge and Project Sign.

Granted, there are no current U.S. government UFO studies (at least none that the public know about).

edit on 2017/1/31 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
i think we need to start going over to the Paranormal site and look for Mediums who so called can contact the dead to ask is there life out there.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I'm reading the first few sightings over India in that link sound more like what we have come to understand as meteors / bolides streaking in the atmosphere. The straight line track, lighting up the surroundings, noises afterward, etc...

(Depending), they can be short or long lived like this example from 1972...

Why make it classified then?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

Its not, anymore. Because we understand the phenomenon better, nowadays.

The real stuff? They'll keep that secret forever.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

I gather that you believe the official government word on the existence or not of UFOs from about 1947 onward? In fact, the government hasnever engaged in a public, scientific-based actual investigation of UFOs. The books are full of official governmental dismissive responses to hundreds of civilian, airline and even military sighting reports, but don't confuse those dismissive words with any actual investigation. Any and all activities of the government and its hand-maiden science toward the topic has been toward denial. You have been deemed not capable of knowing the truth.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Didn't the VATICAN conduct a REAL investigation and confirm that non-Earth intelligence is visiting?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Aliensun

Didn't the VATICAN conduct a REAL investigation and confirm that non-Earth intelligence is visiting?

Don't they also believe in a big bearded dude who lives in the clouds?
I wouldn't trust their 'investigations' into actual science.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adonsa
Hi,

Consider the possibility that the CIA 'tracked UFO =REPORTS=' because most of them are NOT aliens but often are public misperceptions of missile/space activity of legitimate interest to US intelligence services.

Here's an example from that era:

satobs.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

There are theories right now theyre getting ready for a major false flag to cover up PizzaGate, by announcing a huge discovery in Antarctica. David Seaman on youtube recently had a video about it.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: jamespond

Its not, anymore. Because we understand the phenomenon better, nowadays.

The real stuff? They'll keep that secret forever.

Agree with that. Back in the 60's, many meteors were reported as UFO's, and it was very difficult to get photo's of them so all they had to go on was eye-witness testimonies. It is kind of weird that the CIA classified them, but it could have something to do with cold war fears that there were vehicles or weapons we did not know about.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

I second that - though makes me wonder about what we are still missing. uncertainty seems to be inherent in global security. is it possible that there are still events taking place that are subsequently classified due to their unexplained nature?

I find it frustrating that this overly terrestrial focus is leading us to miss or ignore significant contact events.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: Box of Rain

I gather that you believe the official government word on the existence or not of UFOs from about 1947 onward? In fact, the government hasnever engaged in a public, scientific-based actual investigation of UFOs. The books are full of official governmental dismissive responses to hundreds of civilian, airline and even military sighting reports, but don't confuse those dismissive words with any actual investigation. Any and all activities of the government and its hand-maiden science toward the topic has been toward denial. You have been deemed not capable of knowing the truth.

The problem is that if someone pre-supposes that alien visitation is actually occurring, or has occurred in the recent past, then they might say that any investigation that did NOT support their predisposed opinion that alien visitation is real is "dismissive".

Granted, I'm sure that there have been government investigations that have been dismissive, but that still does not change that fact that there is no real hard evidence to support the idea the aliens are visiting Earth in spacecraft and such -- whether or not the government is investigating, and whether or not they have acted dismissively.

new topics

top topics

join