It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to announce Supreme Court Justice Nomination Tues @ 8pm.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

This is two days earlier than expected.

Any guesses?
edit on 30-1-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Any guesses?

Justice Chamberlain Haller.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Doesn't matter.
The left will bitch either way.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Doesn't matter.

Why wouldnt they bitch? After the GOP bitched that they wouldnt nominate Garland. Then when they did nominate Garland the GOP failed to do their duty and sat on their asses for a year.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Not only bitch, but obstruct.

Even without a name, I predict the delay will be epic.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Justice Mikhail Gorbachev

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Right, never-mind the Biden Rule.

H Y P O C R I S Y.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Not only will they obstruct, they'll say the most vile reprehensible things about the person. Usually with no proof. I don't know why anyone would willingly go through the process.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The left wont bitch, they'll do the same thing they always do - outright lie and slander the person nominated. They'll then attach some unverified emotional story onto their already fabricated narrative.

Trump at this point could end world hunger and the left would moan that there's nothing to feel bad about now.
America's gone insane, completely, as has Britain (the Trump hysteria here is even worse, ask TrueBrit who I used to respect until after this election). Facts are just being arbitrarily pushed aside for people's 'feelings' on any given situation.

It's sad, as a previous poster has already stated it doesn't matter who he elects as EVERY decision he makes automatically has to be wrong now thanks to the left being unabashedly, undeniably insane!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Doesn't matter.

Why wouldnt they bitch? After the GOP bitched that they wouldnt nominate Garland. Then when they did nominate Garland the GOP failed to do their duty and sat on their asses for a year.

Yup, they will behave just like the people they were complaining about.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Any guesses?

A digital Scalia.

Who says computer generated people can't be supreme court justices?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Right, never-mind the Biden Rule.

H Y P O C R I S Y.

Until after the election, which is very different from 2016 where they said they would not do anything until the next president is in office.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Bleh...Democrats could have tried to force a vote. Instead, they used the vacancy to hold the women-vote hostage:

Link

And now look where we are.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
January 30, 2017

The "Nuclear Option" is being considered.

Excerpt from: www.wnd.com...

""Now the fevered hostilities between Democrats and President Trump could go “nuclear” over his nominee to the Supreme Court.

And former U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., told WND she has no problem with that, because, “Obama’s Marxist coalition has declared war on the American people’s choice for president.”

She warned, “Congressional Republicans need to wake up understand whom they are dealing with.”

The so-called “nuclear option” would remove the one tactic, a filibuster, that would give Senate Democrats their best chance of blocking Trump’s Supreme Court nominee, whom he will announce Tuesday night at 8 p.m. Eastern.""

WHY is the nuclear option needed when the GOP is the MAJORITY?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

On a side note, am I the only one who thinks it odd to call a procedure 'nuclear' where the sum total of the consequence is a simple majority vote?

What an affront to democracy!

The hyperbole in politics is just too much.
edit on 30-1-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

My personal wish is that President Trump will kick the MSM in the groin again by TWEETING out his choice for the Supreme Court 1 hour before his official announcement to the MSM at 8pm(EST) today.

Lame Azz CNN is running a minute-by-minute countdown timer to the 8pm announcement... USING the President that they hate, to drum up viewership in advance. Steal their Thunder Mr. President!

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Filibusters are stupid.
Executive Order outlawing Filibusters.

Tweet the supreme court pick, yes, do it!

Senate Dems will filibuster Trump’s Supreme Court nominee

Senate Democrats are going to try to bring down President Donald Trump's Supreme Court pick no matter who the president chooses to fill the current vacancy.

With Trump prepared to announce his nominee on Tuesday evening, Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) said in an interview on Monday morning that he will filibuster any pick that is not Merrick Garland and that the vast majority of his caucus will oppose Trump’s nomination. That means Trump's nominee will need 60 votes to be confirmed by the Senate.

edit on 31-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That would be funny.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
January 30, 2017

The "Nuclear Option" is being considered.

Win/Win for Trump.

Right now he doesn't need a 9th. Think about it. The court is divided ... so they can't really hurt him. And it's the Democrat's fault. Ahhhhhahahahahahaha!!

While I kind of wish Roberts would keel over and die (after ObozoCare) ... it's doubtful Ginsburg will last much longer. She's 83 frikkin' years old and is ready to be retired. The definitive majority is coming Trump's way sooner or later.

edit on 3112017 by Snarl because: formatting

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Hmmmm haven't seen anyone suggest Ted Cruz, think he was be a good pick considering his steadfast allegiance to the constitution...

I doubt he would Take it though my bet is he's gonna run for potus in 4 yrs again....

MORE CURIOUS thoughts why rand Paul hasn't been tapped for anything .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join