It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hijab-Wearing JFK Worker Kicked by Passenger Yelling 'F--- Islam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Prosecutor: Man attacks Muslim airline employee at JFK
www.foxnews.com...

NEW YORK – A Massachusetts man is accused of attacking a Muslim airline employee at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport, allegedly kicking and shouting obscenities at the woman and telling her that President Donald Trump "will get rid of all of you," authorities said.

The Queens District Attorney's Office said Robin Rhodes, of Worcester, had arrived from Aruba and was awaiting a connecting flight to Massachusetts Wednesday night when he approached Delta employee Rabeeya Khan, who wears a hijab, while she was sitting in her office.

Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown said Rhodes came up to the door and went on a profanity-laced tirade, asking the woman if she was praying. Rhodes then allegedly punched the door, which hit the back of Khan's chair. Khan asked Rhodes what she had done to him and Rhodes replied, "You did nothing." He then cursed at her and kicked her in the leg, Brown said.

When another person tried to calm him down, Brown said Rhodes moved away from the door and Khan ran out of the office. Rhodes followed her, got down on his knees and began to bow down in imitation of a Muslim praying, shouted obscenities and said "Trump is here now. He will get rid of all of you. You can ask Germany, Belgium and France about these kind of people. You see what happens," Brown said.

Now if that doesn't get you out of your chair, what will?

Kind of a shocker but a hate crime like that shouldn't belong. This was an isolated event. Not fair to all those who were present to witness such an act of hate at the airport. The fact that he used Trump as an extreme right approach to tell the woman what will happen to people her race and religion was a hate speech in his protest.

I do not believe his belief system is a representation of the majority of Americans. Even though this is a shocking moment for the woman and her family, it will be something that will stick with her for life.

The best thing moving forward is to look ahead how we can bring this divide to a close. I don't see any merit in civil attacks and hate as it leads to charged emotions and more stereotyping. This has to end.

Hijab Wrap example:

Title of thread used from news article link HERE
edit on 28-1-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Jan 28 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: further edit of profanity

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

'Used Trump', that is the proper use. It is mainly Trump's fault that people feel empowered to do these things. Now, with the BAN, even moreso.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Trump supporters aren't racist. Fake News.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

'Used Trump', that is the proper use. It is mainly Trump's fault that people feel empowered to do these things. Now, with the BAN, even moreso.

False. It was not Trump's fault for this man's actions. This man made a choice to act out. He is not tied to Trump in any way. Trump didn't "make" this man do this. His actions were out of stupidity.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Uh oh. Is the shoe on the other foot now?

Wonder if this is gonna become a trend?

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

If that's true, than it is mainly Obama's fault that the overwhelming majority of racism in the American media and society today is against whites .

link   
a reply to: reldra

Does that mean Trump is the new Bath Salts? Too much intake of him and we risk eating faces off of people?

I am sorry, but I fail to push blame into the lap of Trump for the way humans treat each other. He can be blamed for many Elitist flaws, but the actions of others is not Trump's burden to behold.

I personally don't care who kicks off a revolution... I am glad to see it happening.

link   
This is reprehensible.

I am a bit confused/bothered that he went to her office, that sounds strange. Who on a connecting flight wanders off to the office areas of an airport to do such a thing. Surely there are others fitting his target description in the common areas of the airport. Just seems a bit strange.

None the less this is not acceptable.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Is that your fall back position now? It's Trumps fault!!

There has been anti-Muslim sentiment for centuries--I suppose that was Trumps fault, too?

Couldn't possibly be that this ass is a religious bigot? ...and unless he's less than two or three years old, I doubt that that is Trumps fault.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Charge him, have a trial, find him guilty and send him to prison. He's an idiot.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
Charge him, have a trial, find him guilty and send him to prison. He's an idiot.

Some people hate because of their personal belief systems.

His triggered assault needs to be dealt separately from his hate speech.

I agree he should face charges. He may also need some counselling while he is there.

I am sure there will be inmates that will want him to drop the soap....

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Good point.

There was never violence in humankind's history before Trump showed up.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Did he use his card?

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Heres what they did to my people. The Muslim Turks shot all the men, raped all the women and children, and death marched the rest out into the dessert to die. The young Virgins pictured were raped then nailed to crosses
[SNIP]
only 25% of my people escaped. My family had left 3 years earlier and was spared, most everyone else was murdered.
I really feel so sorry for Muslims.....

Not

edit on 1/29/2017 by kosmicjack because: Removed graphic content

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Guy probably works for CNN.

He did put on a show where he knew it would be publicized.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Is that your fall back position now? It's Trumps fault!!

There has been anti-Muslim sentiment for centuries--I suppose that was Trumps fault, too?

Couldn't possibly be that this ass is a religious bigot? ...and unless he's less than two or three years old, I doubt that that is Trumps fault.

I am not the first to say this. It is not a fall back position. Trump seems to have both given closet racists permission to come out and nuts on the verge of doing what is described in the article, just a little push.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Good point.

There was never violence in humankind's history before Trump showed up.

So you forgot about KKK during slavery??? You forgot about 9/11 and ISIS in the ME??? You forgot about WW2??? What planet were you living on???

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Guy probably works for CNN.

He did put on a show where he knew it would be publicized.

I read in a Left-Wing article yesterday, that Muslims attack Muslims more than they attack people of other religions. Perhaps this guy is a Muslim.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

So then you are parroting? Was there laws changed where hate is ok?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
And your fortunate you were not among my people when the Muslims did their slaughter

Adolf Hitler was very proud of Turkish Muslims and looked up to them.
Now Relda, I would like you to research and quote what Hitler said about the Armenians, right before he slaughtered the Jews. Quote him, or I will

It seems none of you have any Idea about what Islam is best at

edit on 28-1-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join