It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK stealth aircraft/black projects

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Hi all, this is my first proper thread here. Basically i have been doing some research into black projects. I started looking into US projects but then delved into the world of UK projects. This is thread is designed to share research/ stories and i fully understand that secret information may not be able to be shared, However there is no harm in speculating and what not.

The most obvious place to start is the BAE Replica project. This was started in the 1990's and was originally designed as a radar cross section test bed for future fighter development. I believe that this aircraft was alot more than just sitting on a pole at BAE Warton. I believe it was the cause for the incident at Boscombe Down around the same time period. www.newscientist.com...

As recently as 2014, over 20 years since the project was first started, the aircraft is still kicking about at BAE Warton. theaviationist.com...

Then we come to Nightjar, which is a project born in the early 2000's as a UCAV test bed, many of the tech ended up in the Taranis. However Nightjar itself is still under wraps www.spyflight.co.uk... and www.theengineer.co.uk... It also seems many of the tech from Replica ended up in Nightjar. I have also read that there was more than one Nightjar project. A Nightjar 2.

ALL MY INFORMATION HAS COME FROM THE FREE OPEN WEB. I HAVE NO INSIDE SOURCES OR CONCRETE INFORMATION. JUST SPECULATION, WHICH MAY BE WRONG. DO NOT TAKE ANY OF THIS FOR 100% ACCURATE REAL INFORMATION.

So lets speculate and please do not release any information that could get you in trouble!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I am sure that BAE and the British have a few things up their sleeve. The Taranis project was amalgamated with the French nEuron (Dassault) project in 2014/15, and then went quiet, possibly because no one could speak French and the French refused to speak English!

Whether Brexit will mean that the UK pull out (or are pushed out) of these European projects time will tell, but probably only after the French have nicked all the learning from Taranis. I expect that with EU discussion of closer defence ties post-UK, the French will be keen to join with the Germans and spending the next two decades inventing nothing.

It's difficult to see what the UK will do, or are doing. The only thing that remains unchanged is the UK strategy to retain indigenous capability.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

en.m.wikipedia.org... Looking around there a half a dozen or so BAE UAV projects. Including HEART and Mantis. On the face of it the UK are very heavy orionated towards UAV/UCAV, it seems

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
As a member of the UK defence establishment I would like to categorically state that there are absolutely no black/secret stealth projects currently being undertaken by the MoD or any of its officially sanctioned contractors, honest. All joking aside I am as sure as I can be that I did once witness one such project being tested in the skies above a rural area.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=21797025]CulturalResilience[/post can you remember much about it?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393

I know the man who took a little from every bottle of spirits in the executive bar at Rolls Royce in Bristol and topped the bottles up with his own urine. Apart from that I have no inside information on secretive aircraft projects.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Interesting.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Interesting.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
www.dreamlandresort.com... potentially the UK 'area51' for a time. If the rumours are true about that place I wonder where all the good stuff has moved too?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
www.dreamlandresort.com...

www.dreamlandresort.com...

Boscombe down. MOD test base and also home to the defence research company. QINETIQ

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackbird9393
a reply to: [post=21797025]CulturalResilience[/post can you remember much about it?

It was during the time when a great deal of reports were coming in regarding triangular shaped aerial objects. What I saw conformed to the usual description of that type, I often since wondered what the reason is for those types of sightings petering out relatively suddenly.

As many people are probably well aware, stealth/black projects are not just restricted to the aerial battle space. I would not be violating any classifications or restrictions by saying that advanced and highly secretive technologies have application on land and above and below water. There are classified operations and exercises taking place much more frequently and, closer to you than you are likely aware of, after all what would be the point of testing covert/stealthy technologies in places where there is no one around.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Very true and great point you made about testing close to civilisation.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
You guys are miles off the mark.

This is where the Uk stuff gets tested www.baesystems.com...

Its no secret, thats the UK's area 51

lets join the dots, when was taranus being tested ? when is this news article from? why would Australian reback spiders be roaming Warton Aerodrome?

www.lep.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

why would Australian reback spiders be roaming Warton Aerodrome? www.lep.co.uk...

Its when they did the Tarranis test flying at Woomera SA.Nasty buggers will drop you quite quickly.Its a custom here to check anywhere and shake where you put feet or hands into.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FawnyKate

I like the notion. And yes Taranis was tested there. As I mentioned above. The UK seem very drone orionated.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
BAE Advanced rocks. Very fun to work with.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: FawnyKate

There's never been a secret that BAE has had the Taranis out in Oz to test.

www.abc.net.au...

They've even revealed some details of the test program.

www.ainonline.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Donkey09

Looks like they want to do more flight testing. But it makes me wonder what else they are flying out of there.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Taranis has NOT been merged with neuron. That is a case of 2+2=958.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Both LRS-B demonstrators were in Scotland for over a month during their fly off flying demonstrations and against various things according to multiple sources I have.

<<   2  3 >>

join