It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally Got Away From Too Much Politics And Did This Instead!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
After all of this talk with politics, news, etc....there is one thing that beats it all and takes away a lot of stress: Get outside and see the peaceful side of nature like I did today!

Bottom of mountain...

Top of mountain...

Watching ice climbing in middle of mountain...

Somewhere in the mountain...

Same as above...

The conditions for going out for scenic watching, skiing/snowboarding, hiking or whatever was a great way for me to get life stress of my back and I recommend everyone should try and do something like this!
added pictures
edit on 21-1-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
How refreshing! Thanks for sharing

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
That's fantastic!

Sometimes you just have to say 'no more' and go enjoy life.

I cut all politics from my facebook account because I got sick and tired of being angry all the time. These days I post science articles and commentary as well as advocacy, firearms related posts that are non-political in nature, and cats...Lots of cats.

It's hard to take that step back sometimes, but it feels good to do it once you take that step.
edit on 21 1 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It's nice looking at the mountains, but I would rather watch them climb then do it myself. I am sixty one, my back is in terrible shape from abusing my body doing construction work. I think we have more snow here than on that mountain, been in our January thaw, that is kind of nice.

Show me pictures of walking on a trail in the woods or someone picking wild blueberries and I will be happy. I still like to fish in the streams too, there is nothing more relaxing than standing by a babbling brook swatting at mosquitoes.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It was nice and quiet and the snow hills were challenged by me a lot. Had a few bails but hey it was really fun and the air was fresh. Peace of mind and I think everyone needs that once in a while

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Where were you at?

Also snowboard or ski??

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I love going for hikes and getting out in nature. I just recently traveled to Montana and hiked Glacier National Park. Some of the most beautiful scenery you will ever see.

I took this picture in the park. It is so refreshing getting out and seeing the sights and listening to the sounds. No horns honking or noisy cars or radios blaring or guns being shot, just pure nature sounds. Peaceful and in balance.

Spend enough time in nature and your perspective on our current society will change in my opinion.
edit on 1/21/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

Mt. Baker...and yes I am an avid snowboarder

edit on 21-1-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

Oh that is such an awesome picture...I can sense the tranquility from the calm waters

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Beautiful..just beautiful. Thanks for posting this :-)
and...SNOW!!.. I'm jealous!! (Texas- no snow for us and barely any cold so far)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Come over to Idaho, the snowmobiling and snow biking is great.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Watcher777

Done and donner! On my bucket list

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
It got to over 60 today in Ohio. My youngest daughter and I did two bike rides today. Scenery was nothing like that but we had plenty of empty fields and a beautiful sky to enjoy. Sunset was very colorful today as well. I'll take a break in weather any day in January. ✌️

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well well Skywatcher after reading the title I automatically thought you were going to say "I got my telescope out and had a few nice nights watching the sky". Nice cool lone time watching the stars.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Look forward to joining in on the fun some day soon!
Like in a few years, hahahah!

(post by Queirozmano2 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

join