It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin on those NATO bases he dislikes so much

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

There are some that idolize him like you do.

Do you not remember Putin attaching Ukraine in 2014?

Putin also attacked Syria killing thousands.di you remember that? As well as Aleppo?

Do you honestly not know of his systematic killing of government officials and journalists to further his plans?

Take a look at my link and glance through this. It is devastating.

larussophobe.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
TPTB have literally created Russia into the new boogeyman to legitimise all the military spending and new foreign bases. And Putin has been standing on the other side for years now saying 'What the.....?'

Don't forget that Russia has been belligerent to Georgia and Ukraine, including annexing Crimea and working to slice off parts of Georgia. They have created this myth about NATO to justify their actions and antagonism. Of course, any politician sounds rationale when sitting with a deferential interviewer. Too many people are believing the constant Putin propaganda machine, which is worrying. You would have thought that the past decade has not happened and Russia are just "misunderstood".

Putin wants closer ties with the US and the West, but what can Russia give? What will Putin do to lift the sanctions from the EU?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I agree with you. I was born in London and raised in the US and my brother lives in Kiev.

I'm in this site like a lot of you because I don't trust anybody. But when it comes to Putin there is no denying he is just

Bad news bears

I understand the atrocities that the states have commited starting with the systemic killing of southern blacks. I am aware that systemic racism still exists.

The topic we were discussing however was Putin. And Putin is a war criminal.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
oops
edit on 17/1/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

War criminal or not, he is the President of Russia.

That means he is the man we have to deal with in order to avoid direct confrontation with them.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

The man has journalists he dislikes killed.

That's not quite the same as having certain reporters banned from the White House ... but we're already heading that direction it seems.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
As I said, Putin desperately wants to make Russia appear stronger than it is -- and is willing to invade nearby countries and commit war crimes to do it.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Let's not forget the psychology of Putin - these 'nearby'countries, and there are a few of them, are all former USSR territory.

When the USSR broke up, it was a disorderly and messy affair. I went to the former Yugoslavia and saw the front line of the war there first hand and witnessed borders change on a daily basis with the fighting.

Putin sees the breakup of the USSR as a 'disaster for the people'

I am not trying to excuse anything he has done, just explaining it in layman's terms.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

i dont idolize him. i see him for what he is. hes a #ing gangster. but i also want my people to have a prosperous and peaceful life and putin has done SOOOOO much for the russian people. but you obviously cant think in terms beyond black and white and think hes some sort of demon i guess.

whoa whoa whoa. russia has never attacked ukraine. you do know that right? please tell me you are joking.

yeah the russians are active in syria. they are helping fight a civil war. im supposed to be mad that people are dying? what the eff? russia wouldnt be there killin anyone if america never started the god damn war in the first place.

and yeah journalists get killed in the east all the time. they get killed in the west as well, not as much tho. has putin had people killed? yeah probably. but you cant just atribute every journo killed to one man. you realize there are millions of russian people. there are many many interests at play. its not just putin. you act as if hes on some sort of crusade against jornalists when that is nowhere near the truth.

again the russian people have the exact same right as people in the west. you dont know this because you are not educated in the matter. so you need to quit speaking as if you are.
edit on 17-1-2017 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

do you wonder why there is a war in ukraine tho. they were rusian ally. so what happened to make russia take action?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

the clintons and obama are tied to the deaths of journalists in the exact same way putin is. so yeah, its the same thing exactly. easterners are just more brazen about such acts. dont kid yourself.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

what war crimes tho?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Have a read of the below. It pretty much spells out what those who do not like Putin mean

www.politico.eu...

There has been strong criticism of what Putin has done in Syria in particular. But one has to remember, he was there on the invitation of the Syrian government and they were fighting terrorists. The worst kind we have seen yet. The US strategy of bombing from above while aiding and abetting rebel groups to topple the Assad government was an unmitigated disaster that caused the rise of said terrorists in the first place.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Putin orders a massive bombing campaign against the tiny, defenseless breakaway republic of Chechnya

bahahahaha. do you actually subscribe to this BS? Chechnya was a hotbed of terrorism. the war was absolutely necessary. lets ignore that putin not only ended that war but made Chechnya a strong ally to russia and helped them rebuild by giving them billions of dollars.

please tell me you dont take everything you read in such pieces as the total truth.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

listen ive heard plenty of accusations of war crimes and often weeks later i find out they are none sense. like hospitals bombed that werent ever touched. none of these accusations hold any weight.

with that being said i believe that russia has committed war crimes. its war. its not pretty. every country that has ever been in war has committed "war crimes". even eastern ukranian rebels have paraded pow's around town while babushkas yelled at them. technically a war crime. but belief and feelings arent a good representation of truth. its moronic to speak of a person based on beliefs that are reinforced by dishonest sources of information. i mean its still not certain that assead used chemical weapons. the only information the EU has provided to back the claim was that barrel bombs were dropped from helicopters so they must have been assad. this is all im trying to say here.

you cant just say a person is a war criminal because someone says they are a war criminal. that is an intensely infantile way of thinking.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I never personally said I think he is - just provided the information that you asked for.

Personally I believe that Russia has been subjected to a long term policy set in place by the USA somwhere around the time of the Clinton era in clear violation of the spirit of which the end of the cold war was announced by Bush Sr and Gorbachev

“In 1990 [Russians] were told quite clearly by the West that dissolution of the Warsaw Pact and German unification would not lead to NATO expansion. We did not demand written guarantees because in the euphoric atmosphere of that time it would have seemed almost indecent, like two girlfriends giving written promises not to seduce each other’s husbands.”

americanreviewmag.com...

Putin has seen this disagreement dissolve and from his point of view, he quite rightly feels swindled.

It's all about those NATO bases.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I dont agree with all his internal Russian politics, but he is one of the very few world leaders that acts like a grown up. He is very rational and actually quite controlled in his reaponse to constabt provocation.

Im not saying hes a saint, just a stable and sane actor in world affairs.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

I think that anyone who expects every last aspect of the communist era to have been replaced is naive. There are naturally going to be hangovers from that era. Even the people themselves would not know what to expect - most of them lived their entire lives under Communist rule.

But Russia did change. If the USA afforded it friendship instead of NATO bases on it's borders, who know how much more it will change.

Besides, even though he runs Russia as a Police state, Putin has massive support from the Russian people.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

well such is the way of government. an organization needs a reason to exist. NATO needs to have an enemy. so they manufacture one. putin understands this and hes making all the right moves. there is a clear disconnect between what they say and reality and people realize this.

and i skimmer through the article. mostly half truths and some straight up lies. like i said almost none of the information can be trusted. all these organizations have a long history of making things up. if there is clear evidence of wrong doing then thats a different story. but people are just assuming things because they for some reason trust what they are being told. its silly.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Cant resist pressure from the US?

Putin is full of # and knows nothing. All one has to do is look at NATO decisions in opposition to US desires. He has stated numerous times countries are free to pick and choose who they will be allies with. Apparently that only applies to nations wanting a forced alliance with Russia.

NATO kept out of Poland and the Baltic nations up until russia invaded ukraine. Putins actions created they very NATO response he bitches about. He is to stupid to understand that fact.
edit on 17-1-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join