It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn I feel old

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I found some good news out during the New Years holiday. My nephew's girlfriend is pregnant. I'm going to be a great uncle. I feel really old. I remember when he was four and living with me. I'd do wrestling moves on him and we'd play. Now he's old enough to suplex me lol. Time flies.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Now you get to pass on all your hard earned wisdom
Congratulations, great uncle to be!

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Tell me which wrestler's moves you did and I'll tell you if you're old

edit on 15-1-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
Now you get to pass on all your hard earned wisdom
Congratulations, great uncle to be!

And his Championship Belt

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I found some good news out during the New Years holiday. My nephew's girlfriend is pregnant. I'm going to be a great uncle. I feel really old. I remember when he was four and living with me. I'd do wrestling moves on him and we'd play. Now he's old enough to suplex me lol. Time flies.
I know a guy who's 38 yrs old and has 5 grandkids. Don't feel so bad.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I can relate. I remember when our kids were toddlers people would say, "cherish them now because they grow-up fast!" Holy #, isn't that the truth! All those sayings like "It's later than you think" and "life is short" has a lot of truth to it. What's weird is once you reach your 50's, it seems like days and years go by faster! I can remember when I was a kid, a day would last forever and Christmas took forever to come around again.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin
That's going to be fun. So is teaching the kid bad habits lol.

a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha
It was mostly stuff I saw on WWF when I was a kid - suplexes on the couch and stuff like that.

a reply to: VinylTyrant
Wow that's a bit young. Then again, my sister (his mom) is 37 and she's going to be a grandma.

a reply to: WeRpeons
That's very true. The years seem to go by in the blink of an eye.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You think you feel old.... My sons are25 and 26, My daughter is 32, and I have three grandkids. I was a AAU wrestler, and my sons can mop the floor with me, if they want

edit on 15-1-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I can relate. I remember when our kids were toddlers people would say, "cherish them now because they grow-up fast!" Holy #, isn't that the truth! All those sayings like "It's later than you think" and "life is short" has a lot of truth to it. What's weird is once you reach your 50's, it seems like days and years go by faster! I can remember when I was a kid, a day would last forever and Christmas took forever to come around again.

Quoted for truth.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

You feel old?!

My rotater cuff is falling apart and I didn't injure it doing anything. It's just deteriorating from age and use. That sort of thing happens to old folks, not me!

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

WWF. You're not THAT old.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

No. He's not. If he was, then some of the rest of us would have to start feeling old.

... and we're not. Really.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

You feel old? My granddaughter is going to be having a baby in August, I will be a great grandfather. Suck it up you young punk.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

No. He's not. If he was, then some of the rest of us would have to start feeling old.

... and we're not. Really.

I've been told by a doctor I had the body of a 70 year old man. I'm starting to act the part too!

It's all in how you feel and how you act.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

That I agree with.

My grandmother more or less maintained pretty much up until she died that you are how old you think you are.

Her body failed her, not her mind. She was able to go out on her terms more or less, but d@mn I still miss her.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
Okay, you win, Ancient One.

a reply to: rickymouse
So...your wrinkles are fighting for space?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Nah. Blessed with good genes Bro. Dad is Armenian. He is 90 and still doing great. Runs his own household. Him and his little dog cruising all over town . painting, teaching, reading, and hanging out with friends. I check up on him most every day just to make sure he is ok.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I've been told by a doctor I had the body of a 70 year old man.

Give it back.....you're gettin' it all wrinkled.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Good one

Didn't recognize you without Marvin Martian

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Congrats and best wishes to all involved!
We often oversimplify things, the circle of life is awesomely profound. Help teach that little miracle right!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join