It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the sake of ATS, Please USA.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ThickAsABrick

First off I should point out to you that the political threads crowding the boards thing is a cyclical event here, happens pretty much every presidential election cycle. I'm not offended by your comments, you are certainly welcome to your opinions. This is how we do things here though, so I guess you'll just have to get used to it.

I understand your frustrations with our geocentrism...we're just oh so special aren't we, always gotta work the good ole USA into the convo.

On the other hand, this is interesting US news to watch I think. There's a lot of emotion here in the US about the president elect. A lot of hope, a lot of fear. Will he really be the anti-establishment player of this game that he's portrayed himself as, or are we just all being suckered? If he is that anti-establishment player, what will that really mean for USA and the world? Could be really good, could be really bad. Will he really reform the way things get done in Washington, or will we just get more of a worse version of business as usual? Also, can he succeed if he does go against the grain?

We're about to start finding out the answers to these questions, and the whole scene has quite a few people freaking out I think. It's interesting times, in my opinion. I suggest you soak it in. Don't get bored now, things are just about to get interesting!

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

I agree that it an interesting moment in history, but the bombardment posts here concerning it are rivalling the hate posts on rense.com. It's so overwhelming that I can't be bothered to Wade through them to find interesting posts.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

You could try browsing forum by forum for good threads. That's what I do when I want to read something juicy and can't find anything interesting on the front page or the other main feeds. There's always UFO stuff in the UFO forum. There's always gray area stuff in the Gray Area forum.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

I generally open up new topics to see what's new across the spectrum. Hopefully the US situation settles down soon and doesn't dominate the forum.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
ATS might also be a magnet for political propagandists who are paid to make comments and threads on the internet and the volunteers that work for them. Then you get the snowball-effect when their victims jump on their bandwagon. The ATS owner would not mind the extra traffic. Because it's an English site it's most attractive to political propagandists with an English speaking target audience such as the US. Also visitor demographics of the site is I think still predominantly from the US, which is something political propagandists will look at where to decide to unleash their tactics.

Then there is the effect they and the media have on what occupies people's minds, which just enhances it. These complaints have been made before, I remember a thread complaining about people having a tunnel vision when they just talk about US or Western subjects (subjects Western media spends time on).

That being said, it's particularly bad right now cause the subject "Trump" is a viewer magnet both for the media and those who just want attention on ATS.

Try my thread "One myth leads to another" for a change of pace.
edit on 16-1-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

NEVER go to California if you're looking for free thinkers or a majority of people who think for themselves. California is a cesspool of ignorance and party-line towing--it's a state that prides itself in it's "progressive" politics, yet is drowning in debt and bankruptcy, as are many of its cities, and it can't seem to connect any dots as to how and why it happens in a state that (in 2014) made $117.5 BILLION dollars off tourism alone.

Go to a real state--somewhere in the middle of the country--if you want to understand if Americans really actually think for themselves or not. I grew up my first 19 years in California, and I could never live there again. But like you say--it's a beautiful place to visit, and I still have family there.

But no matter where you go, it's hard to find people truly intelligent on 'the issues' that matter, but when you go to almost any coastal city, the probability of finding said intelligent person decreases exponentially.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I wish that I could vote in Germany; so, that I could help get rid of Merkel, because it would be better for Germany to have about any other Chancellor besides her in that job.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Couldn't have said it better myself. This no longer a conspiracy site, sadly.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join