It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "I Think it Was Russia"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Donald Trump has said before that Russia, among other countries, have tried to influence the US elections and attempt to hack into businesses and political organizations. On January 7th, that was the generalized statement he had to make. See ATS

Trump has become more specific.

For the first time today, he said "I think it was Russia."

he went on to say

Putin "should not be doing it. He won't be doing it. Russia will have much greater respect for our country when I am leading it than when other people have led it."

It appears to me, that, intelligence briefings were finally understood by Trump.

He believes that Russia will stop, simply due to his willing it.

Wrong. Trump denied for a long time that Russia tried to influence the election and is now a little embarrassed that Russian operatives may be gathering information on him as well. So, FINALLY, he speaks about Russia in this regard and only Russia.

He is learning that he has been their pawn, this entire time. He has no art in his deal.

He had this to ask:

"Do you honestly believe Hillary would be tougher on Putin than me?" he asked.

Personally, I do. Trump has been #1 fanboy to Putin and Clinton was going to take a tougher stance from day 1. Now, Trump is going to take the tough stance, since his buddy has actually been laughing at him behind his back.

Most knew this to be true, but many conservatives pretty much got in line to praise Putin, even when mainstream Republicans were balking.

Trump supporters: Welcome to one of the many realities that will just creep up on you.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
According to the right wingers on this board, this is fake news.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Where was the outrage in 2015 when China hacked US government databases of 22.1 million individuals confidential information,were any Senators talking about throwing rocks at China?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
According to the right wingers on this board, this is fake news.

Lol, yes. Even if Trump says it now. Haha.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
We need to focus on prosecution of Hillary Rodham Clinton for serious violations of US law.

Triggered snowflakes are in Lah Lah land. We need Law Law Land . Its coming!

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: khnum
Where was the outrage in 2015 when China hacked US government databases of 22.1 million individuals confidential information,were any Senators talking about throwing rocks at China?

This is 2016 and the topic is Russia, the US election and the President Elect's relationship with that government. Shall we stay focused?

link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

...and yet it is Republican Senators currently the most looney tunes about Russians

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Part of the art of the deal is being able to bluff. sometimes you have inside information. Instead of ridiculing Trump, perhaps you should be asking who is he attempting to bluff? Could be Putin, could be the media, it could be people like you.
edit on 12-1-2017 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
We need to focus on prosecution of Hillary Rodham Clinton for serious violations of US law.

Triggered snowflakes are in Lah Lah land. We need Law Law Land . Its coming!

I asked that people stay focused...but deflection is the name of the game I see.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Reality is the Clintons have been in business, big business, with the Russians for far more money and for longer periods of time than Trump.

Just look up the Clintons selling off a sizable chunk of our uranium supply to Russia.

But you missed that, eh? Of course you did. Or you ignored it. Typical liberal strategy, compartmentalize, then ignore.

link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Pert of the art of the deal is being able to bluff. sometimes you have inside information. Instead of ridiculing Trump, perhaps you should be asking who is he attempting to bluff? Could be Putin, could be the media, it could be people like you.

Bluff? You give him too much credit. He is not playing Celebrity Poker, but that is where he belongs. On a small cable channel doing that.

link   

I was saying this is all political,yes Russia hacked you so does China,Israel,North Korea and many others what evidence is there that Russia is so special you can forget the others

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Reality is the Clintons have been in business, big business, with the Russians for far more money and for longer periods of time than Trump.

Just look up the Clintons selling off a sizable chunk of our uranium supply to Russia.

But you missed that, eh? Of course you did. Or you ignored it. Typical liberal strategy, compartmentalize, then ignore.

Clintons? You wandered into the wrong thread.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

You seem quite overzealous about this.

"Learning that he's their pawn" is over-dramatic and much more opinion than fact.

Your link is from CNN....how appropriate.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: khnum

This is 2016 and the topic is Russia, the US election and the President Elect's relationship with that government. Shall we stay focused?

No.

Your argument would only hold weight if you complained about the above in 2016.

You were absent.

Therefor, your argument equates to nil, your bias however breaks the meter.

link   

I think the real problem is that Trump's supporters are culturally very loyal and adverse to information that they might deem as damaging of threatening. That is sort of the conservative way, while intellectual span might not be the strong suit, loyalty
is certainly a very strong quality in the larger group. This is especially true about messaging, loyalty to the group speak and group think is really what makes the GOP and their voters so successful. Anyone who goes off message is a RINO or a secret liberal, which makes for a closed system where new information is automatically rejected until am alpha sanctions the message. It is not only economically a top down system, it is a sociologically a top down system.

Although he is sick, Trump really is a shrewd man and he knows his supporters have such a constitution, that they could deny the validity of an actually video of him doing something deemed damaging. They are geared to deny everything until it is vetted, because being in concert and not being viewed as a RINO is very important thing. The Republicans are terrible when it comes to ruling, but they are masterful when it comes to marketing and messaging.

Anyways this Russia situation and the reaction was summed up by Trump himself

link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Clintons? You wandered into the wrong thread.

Or more likely, you fail the most basic understanding of recent history.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

So he's finally caving in to the, "Russia did it" agenda.

Slowly but surely becoming another George W. Bush puppet..

..Looks like WW3 was going down either way.

Damn.

Seriously.. I actually do think Hillary would do much more damage than Trump. That's one of the reasons I believe the people elected him.

link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

You seem quite overzealous about this.

"Learning that he's their pawn" is over-dramatic and much more opinion than fact.

Your link is from CNN....how appropriate.

Overzealous? I think it is just right. You don't have to like the source, but Trump actually said this. I am sure sources you like wrote down that he said it and recorded it.

link   

Yeah...I forgot. He basically stumbled into all those deals that made him a billionaire. And his bumbling ways surged him past a host of seasoned and savvy politicians all the way to the most powerful position the world has ever known.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join