It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrities Call For ‘Total Hollywood Strike’ Until Trump Resigns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hollywood celebrities are not known for being the most modest of people but
when they say that they are speaking on behalf of “all of humanity” and think
that Hollywood is “the base of the entire modern American culture“ it does
sound a little delusional as to how much influence they believe they have.

A group of liberal Hollywood celebrities are threatening a “massive, all-round Hollywood strike” unless Donald Trump resigns. Describing Hollywood as “the base of the entire modern American culture“, the group also claims to be speaking on behalf of “all of humanity.”

“It’s about time people understood that we’re the ones with the power and that the president is there to serve us, not the other way around“, a spokesperson for the group told The New York Times.

“We’re calling for a general strike that would include every single person involved in making motion pictures in Hollywood, starting with the actors and celebrities themselves and encompassing companies in charge of making props, movie memorabilia and even souvenir shops.”

Yournewswire
So on a positive note this might stop any more transformer movies being made which
all of humanity will agree is a good thing.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: skuly

This has as much chance of happening as them moving to Canada like they promised. They are drama queens. All talk no action.

link   

Please, by all means go on strike. Heck, dozens of them claimed they would "leave the US if Trump were elected POTUS", and yet none of them left. Hmm, what a shocker.

What a bunch of whiners and attention-whores. Find a new profession, we don't need your propaganda films anyway

link   
hahahahaha
Let them go.
Maybe if they shut down Hollywood, the public will start coming out of their hypnotic state and start noticing reality again.

link   

I guess Chachi gets the Golden Globe next year.

link   

I say, "Okay, go ahead and strike".

Buh-bye.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

We’re calling for a general strike that would include every single person involved in making motion pictures in Hollywood

buahahahhahah...let them strike. We'll see who ducks first.

I'm betting I can hold it out longer than they can.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

With all the crap Hollywood has been churning out the last few years, I think a four to eight year layoff is warranted.
Let's see how many can live without a steady paycheck.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

awww

but i was looking forward to all those great movies they make

link   

This sounds like a great opportunity for all the new aspiring actors and actresses to start a new career. There is too much money to be lost by the entertainment companies to not produce.

link   

How long will all the Hollywood pedos be able to hold out though?

Will they begin dating people their own age?

The horror!

ETA Their list of Big Names includes Rosie O'Donnel, one person im not sure who that is, a guy i was pretty sure had died, and one person ive never heard of 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄
edit on 10-1-2017 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
While this will never happen, it is a fairly significant threat. The motion picture industry in the US is responsible for bringing in billions of dollars a year. How will it make Trump look if that money starts going to India or China?

link   
Sounds good to me. Not having those idiots on screen would be a benefit.

link   
I cant stand Trump, and some of the blind support for him by some makes me cringe.
Having said that, as far as the celebrities go..don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya..bye.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
These people need to know their place in society. They make an enormous amount of money to which they do not deserve. In turn, they believe they have an entitlement to speak for me. Which is laughable when you consider the vast majority can't even make a marriage work. Somehow they have the inner workings of government figured out, yeah.
I stopped going to the theatres long ago. I still buy a blue ray here and there but that's it.
STICK TO WHAT YOURE GOOD AT, TRYING TO BE SOMEONE YOU'RE NOT. Leave the big decisions to the people, thank you.

link   
I will not miss movies and TV! It will be the best thing for everyone, especially the small studios who dont hold this opinion and will bankroll on the vacuum left behind.

Man, we will miss all the remakes of movies, and people bitching about not having enough black women Jedis and such.

I guess they will, much like the Elves of Middle Earth to sail off to the Undying Lands to be mourned forever after by us mere mortals?

Nah, I have hobbies and family and real life business to fill my time

link   
It's OK. I think Nic Cage lives near Biloxi.

link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
hahahahaha
Let them go.
Maybe if they shut down Hollywood, the public will start coming out of their hypnotic state and start noticing reality again.

You know there are a lot of good but hungry actors that would just love to fill in.... Maybe we could see a whole new line of fresh talent, I say go for it!

link   
And this would affect my life how? These hypocrites are so full of themselves. By all means, let hollyweird crash and burn.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Easy to go on strike when you're an A list actor with mills stashed in the bank, not so easy if you're a stuntman or a set designer or something and need the work to feed your family.

This is going to backfire massively when they discover not everybody in the industry agrees with them, they've overestimated their power and that most people don't really care about celebrities beyond the 5 mins they get to gossip about who's banging who to pass the time in the office.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join