It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Evidence. No pictures. No Videos. But No reason to lie. A short story.

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
So to give you a little background about me, my family and our home.

It is/was a perfectly normal family home. My father, my mother, my brother and myself. However, When I was 12 my father died suddenly in the kitchen. Since then the house has had some activity. Not a lot, but some. Here's a short list.

- The night he passed away My mother, brother and I followed the ambulance to the hospital. My neighbours were in our driveway discussing what had just happened as they were/are our close friends also. They reported the garage door started banging on it's own. Rather loud apparently. They all said it happened. Nobody was in that garage. My rabbit was... But at the back, nowhere near the door and she was locked in her cage.

- The night we arrived back at the home the house alarm would not set. It wouldn't. It would set off every time we set the alarm. Out of nowhere. This eventually settled down after a day or so.

- Some years later me and my brother witnessed a birthday card turn 180 degrees on it's own. We sat there and watched it move. There was no draft, window open or anything.

- It seems when there is sadness in the home or disruption there is higher activity. For example when my mother has been upset there would be a hot patch on the bed next to her (my fathers side) .... for no reason. As if someone was sat there for a long period of time.

- Hearing someone come up the stairs and calling them and nobody would be there. Like actually hear the stairs creek multiple times as they are being walked on. Not just the house creaking... like steps.

- I recently had a difficult time myself and was just speaking to him in my head. Which I do every day anyway. But asking for some guidance. I have had a sad/hard/difficult month and just this past week I was with my mother and she had a glass of water on her bedside table. I was sad speaking to her and nobody was near this water. I thought she had leaned over because I heard this clinking... But then she asked me what that noise was. I mentioned how I thought she had leaned over to get some water as it sounded just like a bracelet had clinked on the glass. But she was nowhere near it... Nor was I. But that glass clinked. On it's own.

A few other things have happened. Sensing movement in the room. Things going missing and turning up years later in plain sight. Things we looked for when my father was alive have been found sticking out the sofa.... which has been cleaned, moved and everything. But it's just there after years of being missing. In plain sight.

So.... what can this all be? I never experienced anything in this house until my father passed away. I don't want to jump to conclusions but... How can I not?

I assure you every detail in this post is correct.... I have no reason to lie. This house does not scare me. He does not scare me. I'm thankful he still comes around, especially when someone is going through a hard time. It's quite comforting.

edit on 3-1-2017 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I believe you. Tinged with sadness bu still pretty cool. Has this changed your beliefs?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy
While I cannot comment on the veracity of this happenstance, I wish you the utmost luck with your difficult times. The holidays can be hard on many people. I hope you get through whatever is wrong, and perhaps your father is showing his support too?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

thank you! getting there

And maybe... I know there are many people out there who don't believe in this stuff. But I can't explain away his presence. Well... something's presence!

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: StuKE

It has... sort of. it's gone from "maybe" the paranormal is something which exists to...

How else can I explain away everything that's happened? Sure these haven't been big ghost sightings or events.

But all the little unexplainable things over the years can't, to my knowledge, be explained any other way.

Thanks for your reply

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Hello there. I can't answer your question for you, but if it helps, I had a very similar experience when my own father died. He died quite unexpectedly, several weeks after a diagnosis of cancer, but certainly not as suddenly as your own dad.
A couple of nights after he died, it began to hit me that he wasn't coming back and it felt intolerable. I was in bed, trying to sleep and I heard someone come along the hall and open the kids' bedroom doors. More footsteps and my own door opened (my youngest son was still in a cot in my room at the time). I expected to see one of the children, but no one came in. The noise woke up my wee son and so I got up to go and see who was there. There was no one there and I checked the kids, who were all sound asleep in their own beds.
I know it was my father, coming to check on them because that's what he did. He always went in to check on them when they were asleep and to tuck them in, whenever he visited. Obviously, I want that to be the answer because it would make me very happy to know that he came to see that we were ok, but in my heart I also know it was him. I can't really explain any more than that, I just know.

I think we live in a strange world that we don't really understand. It does sound like he loved you all very much and still wants to help. Hopefully 2017 will bring you some good luck and life will get easier.

B x

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Thanks for your reply! It's comforting to "know" they are still there. It's strange isn't it... you just know!

Sorry to hear of your loss, but it sounds like he's still around...

Thank you and same to you! x

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I had just about all that stuff happen to me in the house where I grew up, especially the footsteps coming up the stairs and stuff moving on it's own. There was other stuff too, but where our cases differ is in the fact that this was long ago, before anyone in my family had passed on. I never really knew of anyone who died back then. It wasn't till the '80s that my family started dying off.

I guess in some cases it could be the dead still present here in some way, but in my case I am quite sure it wasn't.
edit on 1/5/2017 by wtbengineer because: add

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Interesting... It's been theorised that energy can attach itself to a house. Perhaps the energy you experienced was that of former residents... Perhaps some of my fathers energy will continue to occupy this house long after we leave. Who knows? It's interesting.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I guess in some cases it could be the dead still present here in some way, but in my case I am quite sure it wasn't.

Out of interest (and I would love to hear more about your house), what do you think it was?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

My goodness! Your father has been trying so hard to get you to realize he is still there with you, but you all continue to ignore the signals he is sending.

I get things in my house all the time, and I just say say hello to the the "ghost" ( I know who it is), and that seems to satisfy him. They just need to be acknowledged, and know that you know they are still there.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I've talked about things that happened in that house on here plenty of times. I don't think I'll go into it again here, but the one thing I can tell you about whatever was in there with me is that it hated me.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Oh ok, I see, no problem. I don't want you to rehash the story again if you've already told it. I mistakenly thought you were implying that whatever the noises etc were, weren't supernatural. That maybe they were due to the house creaking or wonky floorboards, or something like that.
Something hating you sounds awful, I don't blame you for not wanting to talk about it again.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Ah I see what you were getting at. I guess I wasn't that clear about what I thought the cause of my problems was. No wonky floorboards there, except maybe the ones that creaked louder than the others when the thing walked on them.. I'd be glad to tell you more about what happened to me if you're interested but I just don't feel like writing it out here again.
edit on 1/8/2017 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/8/2017 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
there doesnt need to be a reason to lie. just sayin.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

Yeah made all this up for a laugh and some ATS stars.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

even if you didnt many other have. ive had weird experiences, seen things, but i could also make things up. its almost redundant to share these experiences just because its impossible to say with certainty who is lying and who isnt and what the phenomenon even is.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I believe you. I sense there are many more events and experiences you are holding back.

First of all thank you as it takes courage to open up discussion about anything paranormal as it always seems to create fear in some and a devout chance to debunk in others.

What you and your family have experienced is more Normal than paranormal. Some of the things could be explained in conventional terms and others will forever be chalked up to the unknown.

While reading your OP I sensed this actually started before your Father passed away, sorry for your loss, and only became more obvious as you and your family were on heightened sensitivity.

I also sensed through your re-telling of events that you have 3 different types of activity happening, one being a spirit entity attachment, perhaps to your family members or Mother, and the location itself as well as an antique object like a mirror on a piece of furniture that acts as a grounder for paractivity.

Have you considered doing some video or EVP work? Also do you have any areas in the home where water drips but once fallen you find no evidence of liquid?

Ok, thats all I have for now. Love this mysterious life and the opportunity for understanding the known through investigations of the unknown or chalking things up to the unknowable and just moving forward. If what is happening helps your family members and friends to be stronger, better people then thats great, if this just makes you mind screw yourself then find other outlets for your stess over it and perhaps look into FenShui or something cleansing.

Best of luck on whatever you are hoping to resolve by going public.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I had a lot of similar stuff happening in my house until one day I came face to face with a ghost/spirit what ever you want to call it. The stuff in my house has been going on for 10 years. Like you said when the emotional atmosphere is high in the house that's when the most stuff happens. What ever is here is harmless for the most part. My grandmother is catholic and she wanted to bring a priest in to bless the house. I refuse to let her do it. Like I said it's been relatively harmless and I don't want to piss it off. The last thing I want is my house to turn into the conjuring movie. Your not alone I believe the stuff exists without a doubt. I don't have any answers on how to deal with it because all I do is ignore it.
edit on 12-1-2017 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join