It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up To 100 Million New Gold Investors.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
A "Sharia Gold Standard" - which will clarify and streamline Islamic gold-investing rules - is on track to be implemented by the end of the year. This means that the approximately 100 million active Muslim investors will soon have gold as an investment option.
-Business Insider

I just thought everyone should be aware of this because
The S&P 500
The Dow Jones
The US Dollar
& US Debt
are all at record levels.

IMHO Gold prices can be traded higher just to keep it out of the hands of everyday people. Gold is liquid and is an option to stay out of the banking system. TPTB want you in the banking system. Especially after Trump is in office. Gold can also rise in a disaster or economic market correction.

I'm Just Sayin'....This event could make prices rise dramatically.
edit on 30-12-2016 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

No links?

The "SHaria Gold STandard" would kinda have to show their reserves to be considered in trading.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

My favorite gold investment is Rand Gold (ticker GOLD). Last week I noticed it dipping way too low and bought another 200 shares. It is already one of my core holdings. Anyway, it is up over $10 a share since last week on this news and I still think it is way undervalued.

Love this stock and the news!!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

can you cash out for physical gold?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I would just cash out in cash (lower fees) and then purchase gold locally. I done it before.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Curious...... the Gold you buy is for a hedge against a monetary collapse right ? With the belief that in a SHTF scenario it might be the only way of trading. How are you going to leverage any monetary needs with gold in some warehouse in some far off place ? If it even remains after a collapse and has not been embezzled or stolen flat out.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Unless you are buying and selling physical gold that you actually possess, it's a fools wager.

Paper gold is worthless because you cannot get your hands on it. All you are doing is playing a gold tycoon game, which is no different than any other investment on the digital market.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
EXACTLY..... sadly there are those unaware of this.

Also.... this...
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 30-12-2016 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

You're a bit late to the party, don't you think? ETA: You probably shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. Muslims have been buying and trading gold for a looooong time.
edit on 30-12-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Metallicus

can you cash out for physical gold?

I own physical gold as well, but as an investment gold just sits there and is only really valuable in a SHTF scenario. Investing in a gold miner is owning a strong fundamental company that is pulling real gold from the ground. There is more upside and it isn't hedged in fake gold like BS gold ETFs.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

but more importantly, you can`t eat gold, In a SHTF situation no sane person is going to trade you some of there limited food supplies for gold.they can keep the food and eat, all that they will be able to do with gold is use it for a pretty paper weight which they can look at while they starve to death because they traded their food for it.

edit on 30-12-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Technically, you could hammer gold into pots and other basic utensils, as well. It's pretty malleable so you could find uses for it. Though I get the point you're making.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

an isolated person may have a lesser barter interest in your gold. However, historically, SHTF or not, there is always a power structurehierarchy to any community you will travel through. that community will either be accepting bullion as currency, or have a trader there that does.

Gold is the money of Kings, because everyone who has ever been in charge of people and societies seek to have it as part of their wealth. Yes the hermit along the mountain pass demanding tax may be uninterested, but your destination, whether it be a port, trading post, oasis or small city, will freely be exchanging it as a currency or medium of trade.

Be wise. All the CEO's, world leaders, financiers and industry names are not just going to dump their holdings as useless because SHTF. They will continue to demand it in the new power structures which are established in the vacuum.

In fact, now is a good buying opportunity for silver and gold. Prices appeared to bottomed out based on what I notice in the historical charts for the last ten years. They are set to rally through the summer. They could full on run through the year, but the dip and peaks would still follow a similar pattern, albeit at higher values. I just locked in a $3000 acquisition and am looking at a deal on another 100oz silver from perth that I may just get on impulse. I don't often see this size in my locality from this mint, and the premium over spot on APMEX right now is quite low. I'll just sell the RCM later and consider it even. Those show up all the time. They do not have to cross an ocean to arrive here.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I'm pretty much of the same opinion. In any real SHTF scenario, trade and barter is going to be the general system. Value would be far more intrinsic than it is now. Gold has plenty of uses and applications, however, it has little in the most bare of survival situations. You can't eat it. You can wear it ornamentally but it won't protect you from the elements. Its too soft to be made into any useful tools. It has no value as a weapon. It might be useful for repair purposes on technical equipment and other machines. However, for me, in a SHTF scenario, mobility and the skills to live on the run or nomadically are far more important than stockpiling.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

well then you guys will be real disappointed with the head start you could have. Unless you are already in the mountain by yourself and plan on dealing with isolated refugees roaming for shelter, everyone else in communities will be trading bullion as well as bartering other supplies.

Do yall think that # has never hit the fan before???? The world is a permanent # fan flinging it everywhere every year. The only SHTF scenario that would hinder the normal historical trade patterns of human society is a global cataclysm that would destroy 50% or more of the human population and knock out most the power and clean water on Earth.

So barring ELE asteroids, or biblical floods, or a pandemic on a magnitude and speed similar to the great plague of the dark ages, there is no real threat or roadblocks to using gold and silver in a post economic apocalypse, or even non nuclear global war aftermath type situation. Those events would actually render cash even more worthless and many governments will be demanding bullion for their services, and people will demand it in order to transact with those same power structures.

Gold does not add much weight to your pack either, as only a few ounces of it will buy more than everything else you will carry in your emergency stockpile. If you have pounds of gold though, consider yourself set. You can set the pricing in your local community with the local power brokers, and even become one of the rulers yourself.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Well I am not entirely sure if this new market will make a huge impact right away but it should over time. Besides, Gold and most commodities go up as the Dollar falls and that's what I feel is happening soon. A big fall in the Dollar... It was down 1.20 today . That's a stab right there.

top topics

join