It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the meaning of this word 'Okayest'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
i was watching a pictures of funniest Christmas Gifts one of these gifts was a T-shirt Given to a girl written on it " World Okayest sister "

What does that mean ? and what is funny about it ? Pls tell me the meaning. Thanks guys.

Happy holidays

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: magicmirror

I think you will find the answer to your question is also the definition of banality.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Not that i agree with it being defined at all, but here it is...
Okayest
This thread made me look up 2 words from the internet, one word hardly qualifies.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

According to Google okayest meaning "most average"
I am not sure why is this funny, but it is probably something to do with the word "best" as a spin off

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I guess she wasn't the, "World's Best Sister," just an "okay" sister. Sure beats being the world's worst sister!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9

According to Google okayest meaning "most average"
I am not sure why is this funny, but it is probably something to do with the word "best" as a spin off

Like its the guldarndest "bestest" and "mostest" accurate descriptive?

edit on 29-12-2016 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Spectacularific!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee

Spectacularific!

Oh no you didn't go there... the mostest made up word in the fake world:

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

My mind still hurts being exposed to it when I was young... wtf. Don't watch this or your reason will implode, too.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Exactly!
I always thought using made up words for T-shirts is the worstest idea!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Read it as "Okay-est."

The joke (which will surely be lost having been analyzed) is that you might expect to be told you are the world's best sister in a card... but instead are told you're merely "okay." But at least you're the "most" okay.

It's a bit like when I was going to have my gallbladder out, and who I presumed to be the doctor was prepping me, and I said, "Thank-you doctor." And he said, "Oh no, I'm just the nurse." Then on reflection he added, "But I am... the best nurse. And will prep you with, uh, vigor. Yeah."

Peace.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jappee
Let me guess. The other word this thread made you look up was banality.

Me too.

And I'm usually proud of my vast vocabulary. 😁

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
awesome guys! Many thanks for helping me figure out its meaning.

originally posted by: AceWombat04
Read it as "Okay-est."

The joke (which will surely be lost having been analyzed) is that you might expect to be told you are the world's best sister in a card... but instead are told you're merely "okay." But at least you're the "most" okay.

It's a bit like when I was going to have my gallbladder out, and who I presumed to be the doctor was prepping me, and I said, "Thank-you doctor." And he said, "Oh no, I'm just the nurse." Then on reflection he added, "But I am... the best nurse. And will prep you with, uh, vigor. Yeah."

Peace.

The example explained it so clearly
I asked my close friend this question,too and her explanation was same. 'The word 'okayest' doesn't really exist, but the T shirt is a joke based on the more common T-shirt 'The World's Best Sister'. It's a big compliment to tell your sister that she is the best one in the world. If you are 'an okay sister', it means that you are just about all right, acceptable, not great... and it's funny to say that someone is the 'most okay' sister in the world'.

join