It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As if 2016 couldnt get worse, Debbie Reynolds rushed to the hospital

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
2016, I surrender, YOU WIN!!!!

We're told 84-year-old Debbie, whose daughter, Carrie, died Tuesday, has been distraught since Carrie's emergency Friday on a United jet. Family sources tell us they called 911 to report a possible stroke. The ambulance just took Debbie to a nearby emergency room. Debbie was at Todd's house discussing funeral plans for Carrie.

Story still devloping

Story

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

You've got to be kidding me. Really??? Good grief!

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Just read about this on another source.

Un freaking believable.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978
I quit, I surrender, MAKE THE BAD YEAR GO AWAY!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
And theres still a few days left of 2016

How many more will this year claim by the end?

Celebs are hiding in fear all over the world lol

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hey its three days left and the world has 10k Nukes in its arsenal, lets go with a bang!

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
Hey its three days left and the world has 10k Nukes in its arsenal, lets go with a bang!

Aww, if only

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
FFS!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
And theres still a few days left of 2016

How many more will this year claim by the end?

Celebs are hiding in fear all over the world lol

Seriously though...I bet it's starting to get pretty unnerving for the rest of the celebs out there. Damned creepy.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I hope This stops soon.

If I have to see people whine about 1 more death of somebody they never met and might as well be a muppet, I'm going to scream.

I'm all for entertainment. But Christ, people die every day. And they don't leave million dollar estates to their families.

The loss of a rich entertainer is no different than the loss of a homeless person.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
the scientist who discovered dark matter(vera rubin) died the other day.....
hell of a lot more important than being princess lea(and i love star wars) if you asked me.
nobody talking about that though....

too wrapped up in carrie fischer and zsa zsa gabor.....
who the hell has even thought about zsa zsa in the past 2 decades????

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

People age, people die.

I would be dead now if it wasn't for respecting my parents and not wanting them to have to live long enough to bury their son!

It's LIFE!

I say bless them. They don't have to face the horror the rest of us are facing.......

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I think Debbie Reynolds will be ok. She is, I think 84, and suffered quite a shock. She was admitted with breathing problems.

My mother died in the late afternoon of July 6. After following the funeral home director to the funeral home, my aunt and I went to Applebees for dinner. We ordered a maragrita each before the food. I did have a sandwich earlier at the hospice. I had 2 sips and immediately asked for help to the ladies room (was still on crutches from breaking my foot), I barely made it to the stall and had projectile vomiting.

Had i been 84, I think someone would have taken me to the hospital. Some water and sitting back down helped. I do believe I was medically, in a state of shock, though.

Debbie will need several days of rest and fluids.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
I hope This stops soon.

If I have to see people whine about 1 more death of somebody they never met and might as well be a muppet, I'm going to scream.

I'm all for entertainment. But Christ, people die every day. And they don't leave million dollar estates to their families.

The loss of a rich entertainer is no different than the loss of a homeless person.

You should not click on these threads then if it will cause you to scream. It is not whining, it is mourning. Even if you never met the person, depending on who they are, they can take up mental space in your psyche. You can have fondness and admiration for them and when they die, there will be emotions.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
the scientist who discovered dark matter(vera rubin) died the other day.....
hell of a lot more important than being princess lea(and i love star wars) if you asked me.
nobody talking about that though....

too wrapped up in carrie fischer and zsa zsa gabor.....
who the hell has even thought about zsa zsa in the past 2 decades????

You did not seem to make a thread about Vera Rubin. Perhaps some of us would have liked to have known about her.

I have thought of Zsa Zsa Gabor, in fact I did the day before she died . I am not even sure why.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
BBC is saying TMZ is saying “possible stroke.” E! is either copying TMZ or may be confirming as they tweeted same. I hope it is not that but she did have one a couple of years ago.

BBC: US actress Debbie Reynolds, mother of Carrie Fisher, in hospital.

And as if it not bad enough, 2016 is a year where we get a leap second. So the Grim Reaper gets just one more second.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It's a natural reaction to react to a celebrity death, people get famous for a reason... a role, a song, athletic prowess, these are things as persons we identify with or admire and therefore let ourselves get attached. Some people certainly do get attached to more 'important' figures such as Vera Rubin.

'Important' is subjective.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Grief is one of the intense emotions that can provoke real physical illness. My mom, after her mother died, experienced severe chest pain, ankle swelling, difficulty breathing - symptoms of congestive heart failure and possible heart attack, which she had never experienced before in her life. She threw up, etc.

She went to the ER and they could find nothing wrong on an EKG and no other markers for heart attack, and an ultrasound found no enlargement or functional issues. She had a cardiac MRI which also revealed nothing. She returned to normal after her grief passed.

However the next year, the symptoms of congestive heart failure returned, and they did another MRI which revealed dysplasia of the right ventricle (not previously observed in the first MRI,) and enlargement. She was put on a diuretic which got her breathing and swelling back to normal, and then she had an electrophysiology study done on her heart function - testing and measuring responses to changes in the electrical conductivity of her heart, based on the suspicion that she had arrhythemogenic right ventricular dysplasia - it came up negative. As did a biopsy for distinctive morphological signs of ARVD. Multiple holter monitors for weeks and weeks also came up negative. Repeated years hence, also negative.

To this day, they have never found the cause of her dysplasia, or the underlying disease causing her CHF, and when she tells the cardiologists this all began in response to grief, they say that while her condition is idiopathic, it's not out of the realm of possibility at least that intense enough grief, panic, high blood pressure, elevated pulse, adrenaline, etc. could have literally damaged her heart somewhat. Or revealed some wear and tear age-based damage that was already there but previously undetectable.

At the very least, grief can cause panic attacks, shock, etc. I hope she will be alright.

As for the, "nobody cares about X but they care about Y because she's a celebrity!" concerns these topics always raise... it's not possible to feel concern about someone we aren't privy to the peril of. Unless we happen to be reading the news when it happens, we don't find out about it. It's not possible or feasible to be abreast of every death of note on the planet. We care when we find out... if we care. I try to make it a point to. But we're all just humans, responding in our unique human ways to various stimuli and inputs.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

Exactly, statistically speaking what's the big? It's just that they are Hollywood star's or singers and are in the limelight.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

You did not seem to make a thread about Vera Rubin. Perhaps some of us would have liked to have known about her.

I have thought of Zsa Zsa Gabor, in fact I did the day before she died . I am not even sure why.

all one has to do is read the news. it was right there. granted it was a little side bar while george michael and fischer were all over the place.
strange you thought of zsa zsa out of nowhere.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join