It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help finding a hidden gem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Alright, you're going to hate me.

My memory was fuzzy at the time, but I know what I saw. The "book" I came across, but failed to archive was found during my research into Masonry. The sad part is, I can't recall if I was reading Masonic or Anti-Masonic literature at the time. All I know was that it included Masonry in some way. Definitely esoteric in nature.

The title read something similar to:

The Book of Speeches for All Generations
The Book of Political Speeches for the Ages
The Book of Public Speaking for Any Occasion

Something along those lines...

The book supposedly doesn't exist or was "lost in time" and was designed to be the foundation of any single political or persuasive speech in existence after it's inception. A book that could train and direct any speech giver at any time, for any occasion, to rally the masses. A book that could be secretly passed from leader to leader, used to move forward the agenda of any political party or government. One book of speeches to rule them all.

Sorry folks, that's all I have to go on. I'm going to feel pretty stupid if this book is common knowledge and more or less conspiracy fluff. I still at least want to give it a glance.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Sorry folks, that's all I have to go on. I'm going to feel pretty stupid if this book is common knowledge and more or less conspiracy fluff. I still at least want to give it a glance.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Yeah, the book is common knowledge.

It's called the Bible.

Go see the film "The Book of Eli."

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

secret teachings of all ages? P manly hall?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It specifically dealt with speech making/giving and by what I can remember, designed to put the "correct" words into the mouth of anyone that needed to subjugate the masses. The title was very telling to it's intended purpose.

That's all I know.

edit on 27-12-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

In Scandinavia its called psychology, in zoology its called collective animal behavior.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Could it be "Eloquence in an Electronic Age: The Transformation of Political Speechmaking " ?

www.goodreads.com...

Kathleen Hall Jamieson--author of the award-winning Packaging the Presidency--offers a perceptive and often disturbing account of the transformation of political speechmaking. Jamieson addresses such fundamental issues about public speaking as what talents and techniques differentiate eloquent speakers from non-eloquent speakers. She also analyzes the speeches of modern presidents from Truman to Reagan and of political players from Daniel Webster to Mario Cuomo. Ranging from the classical orations of Cicero to Kennedy's "Ich bin ein Berliner" speech, this lively, well-documented volume contains a wealth of insight into public speaking, contemporary characteristics of eloquence, and the future of political discourse in America.

edit on 27-12-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
'The Book of the Subgenius.'
That's the one you seek.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Approximately how old is the book supposed to be? 20th century?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

I'm starting to believe that I was researching the Anti-Masonic Movement. Using actual Freemasonry sources only leads you to the most trivial aspects of the craft, whereas Morgan and proponents of the Anti-Masonic Movement (slander aside), shed light on their political power structure. I don't despise Masons in general, only the politicized groups that run most civil institutions. The Skull and Bones are a prime example.

I'm guessing just after 1825 is a good starting point. The title of the book/PDF I'm trying to hunt down was written in calligraphy and advertised on another Masonic document I was reading. The title definitely gave away it's intention and was very similar to the ones in the OP, just more nefarious sounding if that helps. (It likely doesn't, lol)

a reply to: tigertatzen

Thank you for the help, but the copyright is 2008. We need to go farther back in time if the book I'm looking for was designed to be the catalyst for all future political speeches thereafter. It's a long shot...

edit on 27-12-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
eisegesis

Is this it: Studies in the Science and Practice of Public Speaking, Reading, and Recitation. By the Rev. C. Newton.

The book was published in 1825..

Here is the library chronicles for that year..

unfortunately I have not been able to find the pdf format if that is the book you are looking for..

thanks,
blend57

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
So,,,,, im curious about whats evolving in this thread, please elaborate

top topics

join