It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Let's Make Arms Race !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Meh, Trump tosses some outrageous comment and leaves it to everybody to try and figure out what he means. Mostly people come up with projections of what they hope he means. I don't have confidence in him enough to think he even knows what he saying.
He's a nut.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Trump WINS again!!!

He stole the Left's headlines, the talking points and the spotlight with a tweet and a phone call.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

What headlines?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
And now the Russian might feel the need to build more. More to go wrong or get lost/stolen.

Or maybe the jumpy military launches based on an ignorant Trump remark.

We had gotten past much of this, but hey, why not bring it back.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I got a better idea. Lets put Trump and Putin in a steel cage and fight it out? My moneys on Putin. Put any world leader in there, my money will always be on Putin. Name one "World Leader" tougher? I can't think of one. Maybe you guys can?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
I got a better idea. Lets put Trump and Putin in a steel cage and fight it out? My moneys on Putin. Put any world leader in there, my money will always be on Putin. Name one "World Leader" tougher? I can't think of one. Maybe you guys can?

Kim Jong Un naked and covered in goose fat would be quite a tricky adversary.
edit on 23-12-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

We're screwed either way . Time to strike 1st .

Putin, held his annual 4 hour long media conference about 12 hours ago—which was live-streamed. He answered questions from reporters across the globe. He remarked that Russia is increasing its *defensive capabilities* against known *aggressors*. He went on to state that he chose the word "aggressor" specifically because he didn't want a distorted narrative via false propaganda to mislead the world into thinking Russia was pushing for conflict. He also stated that nobody disputes the fact that America is the mightiest army on the planet and well known throughout the global community as being the world's biggest *aggressor*. He was simply reassuring the Russian people and the rest of the world that they are prepared to defend themselves if America were to "strike first".

I believe that it's time to stop waiting for our countries to just keep getting attacked and lead with an iron fist .

The US always strikes first with an iron fist on behalf of its imperialist agendas. The US is not a civilized and democratic nation under attack.The US terrorizes the world and uses resistance as cause for further violence. A closer look at the past 60 years of American foriegn policy objectives and its use of the US military industrial complex, will clearly show this to be true.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson
This is a tactic to buildup the image of our nation that Obama dismantled.

What image? that we are mentally unstable and need to be stopped by uniting other nations to oppose us?

Yeah, I think that image is good dead.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
news.sky.com...

Here he goes .

This is were it gets nasty .

President-elect Donald Trump has reportedly spoken of an "arms race", the day after he said he wanted America to increase its nuclear capability.

MSNBC host Mika Brzezinski said that in a phone call with her, Mr Trump commented: "Let it be an arms race, because we will outmatch them at every pass and outlast them all."

www.msnbc.com...

We're screwed either way .
Time to strike 1st .

I'm behind trump 100% on this one .
I believe that it's time to stop waiting for our countries to just keep getting attacked and lead with an iron fist .

Freaking idiot! We have enough nukes to blow the world up 100 times! Great job Trumpitiers!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

My biggest fear is that that Trump is a puppet 'powder-keg.' Oh, what dirty deeds could be done with a puppet 'powder-keg.'

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
If there was a nuclear war then there would be no winner. It isn't a game you win by having more so why build more.

We're seriously going backwards.

De-evolution.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Golly,
msm sure spins their wheels alot and we are fools for giving them traction...

You'll get better more accurate news just following his tweets.

...and this is where Matt Lauer fell on his face trying to report on it this morning...

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
The next gen of ICBMs, miniaturization and cleaner yields are built, getting tested.

They are NOT cleaner yields. All modern nuclear weapons are very dirty.

And Trump is a total idiot. Nuclear weapons and missiles are the only area where Russia is really really good at. It's inane morally and strategically to get in an arms race in that!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have endeavored, despite concerns, to give Trump the benefit of the doubt. And I will continue to do so until he actually makes real policy once in office. But if indeed he is serious about his perceived need to "greatly expand" our nuclear armaments (his words, in his own tweet,) and if he truly is comfortable letting "it be an arms race," if he truly does make this his standing doctrine on nuclear posture...

... then that benefit of the doubt will go out the window. Immediately. That is madness, pure and simple. That is an existential danger to every man, woman, and child on the face of this planet. If we do not continue to draw down our nuclear arsenals on a global basis and do all we can to prevent these weapons from falling into the hands of others, then eventually, given a long enough period of time (whether decades or centuries,) miscalculation and catastrophe are inevitable. This would move us closer to that inevitability, by however small or great a margin, rather than trying to put it off as long as possible (ideally until true disarmament or downscaling to less destructive iterations at the very least, become more feasible.)

And it was the tit for tat escalation of anti-ballistic missile systems in Europe threatening Russia's nuclear strike ability that in part increased tensions between them and us of late. Ramping up the number and modernity of our nuclear armaments, and inviting an arms race, will only do the same - if not more. This would also reduce other countries' deterrents, and mean increased spending on nuclear programs at a time when we already have extremely daunting choices to make about how to care for what will, going forward, be an aging population while also covering all our other costs. If we reduce the credibility of other countries' deterrents compared to our own... how long before someone else, someone we have little control over, acquires a capability that is also not credibly deterred against those states?

Again, I will give him the benefit of the doubt until he is in office and actually makes this policy... but even saying this, other than as an already potentially dangerous negotiating tactic, is noteworthy (and not in a good way.) This is upsetting one of the GOOD apple carts that don't need to be upset. Just my honest opinion. (Again... I am not and was not a Clinton or Obama supporter.)

I pray this will not be his actual policy.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
An arms race. Pure genius. Some time ago children there was a large, powerful country in a land not that far, far away. It was called the Soviet Union. They got into an arms race and was bankrupted and no longer exists. An arms race does NOTHING to make us safer or stronger. All it does is take billions of dollars from the taxpayers and gives it to the military industrial complex. I am shocked beyond words how gullible, naïve and entirely out-of-touch with reality so many people are. We are truly and completely screwed.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It's a off shoot of his campaign slogan.

"Make America's Nukes Great Again".

We spent decades trying to make the world a little bit safer place from nuclear weapons.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

More bang for ya buck and less material that didn't turn critical, it's how I understand the direction we've headed.

The gamma ray bomb too or whatever it's called.

But I agree with you, it's a stupid thing to create more bombs, we should be moving to Thorium not lining the pockets of those that already made a killing at our expense.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I guess we better start preparing for the worst. I'm getting some of these things. Bring on those nukes.

Sometimes you just have abandon yourself tO the madness.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

I think we might deserve it. Horrible I know but we surely are clueless.

We were getting somewhere with nuclear proliferation. Now I see no reason why China won't build more, then India, then Pakistan...

Let's hope he flip flops on the issue.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Because the USA wants to sell them, while other countries are just legitimately afraid of the United States, and want them.

We're the bully, AND the merchant.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join