It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Australian Members: I need your help!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Greetings, and seasonal salutations, my antipodean friends!

Yes, the season of good cheer and many beers is upon us, once again! And in accordance with the traditions of the time of year, I intended to gift my son with something that he has wanted for as long as he and I have been in contact with one another. He wants a hat like mine! Now, when a child with Aspergers and ADHD says "Dad, I want a hat like yours" what they are really saying is "Dad, I want you to find me a hat which is precisely the same as yours, in every conceivable regard, from the type of leather used, to the brand printed on the inside, and everything in between".

Now, I do not often appease my sons particular symptomology, but given that this is a gift we are talking about, I thought that it would be quite a thing to actually nail it exactly.

However, I have been stymied. My hat was made by The Australian Bush Hat Co. Do you think I can find a single active website for that company? I tried their email address, and that appears to be defunct. I am out of ideas here. I have looked over other brands, but none appear to offer a hat enough like mine to bother with, and I was hoping to start my search for a hat with the originators of my head adornment.

So... you Australian members, friends... please, if you know how to get hold of the company in question, I would very much like to have a functional e-mail address, or website for them, assuming they are still in business. I know that they were in a spot of bother for claiming that some of their hats were made in Australia when they were actually part manufactured in India, but I cannot see how that alone would have destroyed the company entirely! Please, if you know anything, let me know!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

obvious path of least resistance = give him your hat

yours - pragmatic ape - not just for poo flinging

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It appears they're out of business.

Try an Army/Navy or surplus store in Australia.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Oh, sweet Jesus, I hope it is that shiny silver thing.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I dont know if this will help, but we had an outlet in my town. I hope they have the exact hat your looking for. It would be ironic if you had to order an Australian hat from California. lol

www.facebook.com...

www.australianhatoutlet.com...
edit on 23-12-2016 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2016 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I have a new hat, wow man synchronicity!
Mine has a propeller to keep me cool, it's gonna be 40c here on christmas day.
The hats that you are looking for can be found on ebay if you do a search.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Oh, sweet Jesus, I hope it is that shiny silver thing.

I hope that when it says 60cm internal measurement they mean circumference and not radius...

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

It still might be tight.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

That appears to be made by the same company, but that company made a great deal of different hats over the years, an, and I was really hoping to be able to find a comprehensive gallery of their hats to select the closest match from...

a reply to: ignorant_ape

My hat has approximately eight years of my built up head sweat and shape worn into it. I do not think it will fit him presently, leave alone be in a giftable state.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh no!

I hope not!
They make a damned fine hat!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Was always going to be a long shot!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

I know I can find them on Ebay, but not a full stock of them.

A gallery containing every hat design they manufactured in the last ten years would probably be necessary to figure out which model of hat I own, leave alone order a new one. It looks as if the plan is scuppered before it even left port!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Can I see a pic of the hat?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I wish he was looking for those budgie smuggler things, then you could have saved the day big time.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Thats a great idea!

I shall take one when I go for my lunch break, and post it here. Its got a pair of crows feathers in it at the moment, but they are an aftermarket addition.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I wish he was looking for those budgie smuggler things, then you could have saved the day big time.

The 's' has fallen off mine.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Due to age or immensity?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
They're called "Speedos".

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
These guys might enjoy the challenge, but best to get in contact after Xmas or they might tell you where to go Aussie style. At least they might tell you who makes them and how to get them.

bendigohatshop.com.au...

www.cityhatters.com.au...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join