It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice Mason Lodge Chairs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I came across this by accident, as I am selling a few pieces of furniture on CL and was looking for where mine are showing up.

I could not afford these, nor do I know the person selling.

They look a worn or weather beaten. If I could afford them. I would get them. Possibly someone wants to 'save' them. They lok like if they wait anymore they will be destroyed by weather. There was a lodge near me that closed and the building went up for sale in the last year or so.

Masonic Chairs

edit on 17-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
I came across this by accident, as I am selling a few pieces of furniture on CL and was looking for where mine are showing up.

I could not afford these, nor do I know the person selling.

They look a worn or weather beaten. If I could afford them. I would get them. Possibly someone wants to 'save' them. They lok like if they wait anymore they will be destroyed by weather. There was a lodge near me that closed and the building went up for sale in the last year or so.

Masonic Chairs

THOSE are nice ones.
I'm still kicking myself for not getting a couple of beautifully carved ones a few years ago.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

And put them where!? In your own personal church?

These things are monstrously big and ugly. They look like they've been designed for someone with an absolutely YUGE neck. Strap some air con at the top, add a nice plush pillow - scrape off that dust and...... I'd probably still throw them out. Why Reldra, why!?

Plus you'd be constantly wondering is this was the chair that old guy was watching the lap dance from that time on the Mason video (totally true saw it on yootoob).
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

link   
Was the designer trying to make the worlds most uncomfortable chair? Cuz those don't look very inviting.
Lil bit electric chair faux..

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I could possibly fit 2, but I need the money from things I am selling. They are nice.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

And put them where!? In your own personal church?

These things are monstrously big and ugly. They look like they've been designed for someone with an absolutely YUGE neck. Strap some air con at the top, add a nice plush pillow - scrape off that dust and...... I'd probably still throw them out. Why Reldra, why!?

Plus you'd be constantly wondering is this was the chair that old guy was watching the lap dance from that time on the Mason video (totally true saw it on yootoob).

2 would fit in my dining room. they are awesome looking.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I could possibly fit 2, but I need the money from things I am selling. They are nice.

They should clean up very nicely. Just need some TLC.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

They should clean up very nicely. Just need some TLC.

I do love Gothic looking furniture. But buying will come after I have sold what I don't like in my new apt.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

They look like commodes to me..

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: Bluntone22

They look like commodes to me..

They look like gothic or medeival decor to me. I have 8 ft ceilings. 2 would look great in the DR. Maybe I will get the opportunity in the future.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Was the designer trying to make the worlds most uncomfortable chair? Cuz those don't look very inviting.
Lil bit electric chair faux..

Nah, they are made to look big and ominous so followers feel weak and inferior, oldest trick in the book.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Here's a cool one!

www.ebay.co.uk...

.....The third one down!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
Here's a cool one!

www.ebay.co.uk...

.....The third one down!

The prop wedding piece at 749 GBP? That is too wide and odd.

I like these at 100 GBP each ebay UK

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Oh, those are gorgeous...I would love to have some and restore them. I adore Gothic-ish decor and the fact that they're Masonic is very special to me. Very nice pieces. They just need a little love.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Oh, those are gorgeous...I would love to have some and restore them. I adore Gothic-ish decor and the fact that they're Masonic is very special to me. Very nice pieces. They just need a little love.

Yep! Now I know what to save for!!! I am refinishing a dining room table and 2 chairs like that would look fantastic and fit.

I brought almost no furniture with me when I moved form my house. I wanted to start over. Some decor I will pull from the sister's apartment in the movie 'Lights Out', other will be like this. Some can be big as all other furniture will be purposely small.

I brought a small wood kitchen table. A camelback sofa. A 1950s curved loveseat. 2 maple and slate end tables. 2 tiny antique night stands. A small butcher block table for food prep. A 1950s vanity stool. 1 marble 1950s coffee table. A few antique mirrors and art.

I bought a new memory foam mattress and frame.

Starting all over with gothic. Those chairs really caught my eye. I can fit them now. I will keep watching sales.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Yep! Now I know what to save for!!! I am refinishing a dining room table and 2 chairs like that would look fantastic and fit.

I saw a table recently that would be perfect with them too. Now I need to keep my eye out for some chairs, because I know the person selling the table and she'll hold it for me. They look like thrones. I absolutely love that. If I could live in a castle I'd be in heaven lol
edit on 31068America/ChicagoSat, 17 Dec 2016 20:06:21 -060031pm31351America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: Sp

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I saw a table recently that would be perfect with them too. Now I need to keep my eye out for some chairs, because I know the person selling the table and she'll hold it for me. They look like thrones. I absolutely love that. If I could live in a castle I'd be in heaven lol

Me too! I used to subscribe to cataolgs that had castle-like furniture including suits of armor on a stand. I have about 10 huge wooden candle holders for the wall that look like torch holders. I kept the decor that will match, tossed everything else.

I thought, this is my chance to start over. I have a housemate, but as long as I don't start collecting Precious Moments , he could care less.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Dear God! Scantily clad women dancing! What will happen next???

(I hope an open bar)

Though the men watching seem to be like:

Bob: She is talented.
Jim: Ya. She is.
Bob: (yawn) It is close to my bedtime.
Jim: It is after 8 o'Clock.
Bob: We should be polite and stay awake until the en..zzzzzz

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Very cool stuff.
I wish I could fit it in. Good luck on selling it.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Very cool stuff.
I wish I could fit it in. Good luck on selling it.

I'm not selling it. I wish I could buy them.

If you read the OP, that was a shot at me. I don't appreciate it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join