It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Teachings Of All Ages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Hello,

I was hoping to get a Masonic perspective on the book "The Secret Teachings Of All Ages" By Manly P. Hall .

I've been reading the book, and find it rather interesting. I can't say that I've read it all, as this book(and any great work) begs that I stop reading to research the subjects discussed as I find them. Magical really.

Anyway, I wanted to hear what the thoughts of Masons were on this book in general. Also if there were any items that you feel deserve additional thought, I'd appreciate it. Not trying to have "secrets" revealed, but this is a public work, so I thought it could be discussed publicly. If I'm mistaken, please U2U me to carry on such discussion. I will provide a link to the text below, as well as a link to the amazon.com url where you can purchase a copy:

www.sacred-texts.com...

www.amazon.com...

Thanks for your time.

X

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I've always liked that book, especially the art work by Knapp. As to its literary contents, Hall's writing is intriguining, but not always 100% accurate.

He was very young when he wrote that book, and can be forgiven for the examples of naiveity found there, but in general, it's a good book, and encourages the reader to think for him/herself.

new topics

join