It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal-Human Hybrids Spark Controversy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Once only found in science fiction stories, the creation of chimeras - human/animal hyprids - is now underway in various labs around the world.

The item in the following story I found both interesting and troubling at the same time was that Stanford University is contemplating the creation later this year of mice with human brains! What will that mean? Will they be able to think like we do? Would it be ethical to experiment on them or kill them?

Check it out for yourselves:
Hybrids

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I was walking by my daugher watching tv today...I asked her what the show was...it was a cartoon called "Totally Spies".

The topic of the day was a half-human gorilla gone crazy. They were analyzing the dna...isolating the "human" portion of the dna...it was all quite normal. Animal and human dna mixed together. No big deal.

Getting our kids programed to accept chimeras as normal.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Not sure what the problem is, but I can't get the link to work.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattison0922
Not sure what the problem is, but I can't get the link to work.

Here is the raw link to the story:
news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'll have one set of gills, one pair of wings, and a side of webbed feet.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
the ethical ramifications are staggering.
from the article.....
Scientists feel that, the more humanlike the animal, the better research model it makes for testing drugs or possibly growing "spare parts," such as livers, to transplant into humans.

so party on dude ! just schedule that kidney transplant at 50 years old or 10,000 beers, whichever comes first !!!

J_3

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Amazing! So in theory, couldn't this be used to "harvest", basically, human body parts to be used for patients in need of a donor?

We could have a living supply of organs, being stored in animals...Ready to be supplied for much cheaper to those in need.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Just thinking about the possibilities of cross-species viruses etc. that could possibly happen with this (certainly a much higher chance than normal) is making me shudder.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I think it's been done already.

Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?

Deep

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Yes, the genetic defect that is liberalism could finally be corrected.

[edit on 1/27/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
well, im a mixture of ape and worm, anyhow.....

(nietzche'en joke)

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Take a look at the Sphinx, man. Imagine an army of ten million of those things coming atcha. Spare parts and martial arts.

To clarify: !Que Monstroso! Monstrous

I don't want any spare parts. And I'll do my own fighting, thank you.

[edit on 29-1-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I dunno about this...if it is part human would it have an energy/soul? I'm not for any type of animal abuse at all, but with it being part human.....that set the way for all types of ethical, rights questions!

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well, whatever beasts they create, they will surely keep them chained. The central issue here is one of slavery. If an animal has a human brain, will we see it as a slave. The answer is yes, I'm afraid.

This story freaks me out. A kid born from two mice who produce HUMAN ova and sperm?

More importantly, when these mice get divorced, WHO GETS NIBBLING RIGHTS?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well to me it seems the next logical step in revalution to perfection. We are altering our genes and now we can get desighner babies, we can already get ears off mice.

This place is a playground for mad scientits:

Humans want to be perfect, we want to physically live for ever, we don't want to be ill or at least we want a cure.

But then we get the cure and were not allowed to have it
My husbands grandad had an injection years ago to cure the common cold. He never ever had a cold. He told us the drug was banned because the government make profit and revenue form the tax payers common cold!
This is in the uk but i'm sure it true for all countries.

So we have to suffer anyway because the governments of the world are greedy money sucking vampires

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Dr. Moreau? This is just wrong. At what point does the organism cease being an animal and start being a person? What about viral mutations? Wonder what PETA is saying on this issue.

On an up note, when pigs have wings . . .

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Didn't the Nazi's have a crack at trying to make human/animal hybrids amongst their many failed experiments on humans?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   

The item in the following story I found both interesting and troubling at the same time was that Stanford University is contemplating the creation later this year of mice with human brains! What will that mean? Will they be able to think like we do? Would it be ethical to experiment on them or kill them?

Is is Ethical to experiment on them and kill them already because they dont think like we do?
Mentally retarded folk dont think like we do either.........................

Why spend millions creating human like beasts when the worlds jails are full of human scum , biologically perfect for the cause.

[edit on 023131p://53052 by instar]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Dr. Moreau? This is just wrong. At what point does the organism cease being an animal and start being a person? What about viral mutations? Wonder what PETA is saying on this issue.

On an up note, when pigs have wings . . .

How ironic...look @ instars avatar...lmao

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I will be a matter of time before they start giving humans animal like senses and creating super soldiers. Eyesight of a hawk, sense of smell like a blood hound, hearing like a bat.... No need for all that high tech gear anymore.

You can make some pretty carzy combinations if you think about it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join