It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Batman presidential nightmare.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Well, no ATS member can escape without a truly kooky and irrational topic to their name at some point lol. So this is mine. My usual skepticism and awareness that this probably meant/means nothing still applies, but I'm sharing it anyway for whoever might be intrigued.

I know this will sound loony and totally irrational... I totally concede this. So, here goes.

Years ago I had a dream about Batman, in which he was aged and had gone crazy essentially. He was completely erratic and causing great harm, and the authorities and the people were terrified of him. But in the dream, I somehow knew that this was a future president of the United States. (Again, I know how insane this sounds. Such is dream logic though lol. You know how in dreams you just know what the symbolism means? This was one such occasion.)

There was darkness everywhere, and he was essentially running amok. He was fighting criminals and some good was being done, but it was also frequently at the expense of innocent bystanders and civilians.

So then some younger crime fighter, either Robin or perhaps a former Robin, had to step in and stop him. And everyone was enormously relieved that the madness had been nullified.

But then this other, younger and seemingly more sane person grew fangs, their eyes began to glow, their costume morphed into a suit and tie, and I knew that they too were a subsequent president. And they began to grin with their fangs shining, and laugh maniacally, and I knew that somehow, this subsequent president was even worse - not merely mad, not merely irresponsible and reckless, but truly evil and calculating and diabolical. I knew this would give rise to profound darkness in the world, and that we had all been deceived in some manner.

So, before I say the following, I wish to reiterate: I didn't support or vote for Clinton or Trump, but I am giving him the full benefit of the doubt and hoping against hope that he can do the good things he promised and none of the disturbing ones he promised or heavily implied. And, while deeply disturbed by some of the people surrounding him and some of his cabinet picks to date, that hope and (albeit anxious) willingness to wait and see, remains the case, and some dream I had randomly a decade ago isn't going to change that.

But... it is worth noting, that during his campaign, as soon as this happened I immediately recalled this dream and said out loud to myself, only half seriously, "Watch him win now and be the Batman from my nightmare." That was at a time when most of us believed there was no chance he would even win the primaries, let alone the presidency.

Since that time - and no, I promise, I haven't been looking for them or thinking my dream was "coming true" or any such nonsense, but still - I have noticed with a mixture of humor and slight dread (slight, I promise! lol) that Batman has come up repeatedly in relationship to Trump.

Trump Says He's Batman - Here are 15 Reasons Why He Might Just Be Right

OMG, Donald Trump Thinks He's Batman (Interestingly/amusingly, they were unaware of the incident in which he told the kid "Yes, I am Batman" before writing that piece, and added it during their writing of it.)

Here Keith Olberman (an extremely anti-Trump biased person to be sure, but still) refers to Trump's cabinet picks as Batman universe villains.

Many have suggested the recent Time Magazine Person Of The Year Cover is "trolling" Trump with "devil horns," but I immediately instead saw Batman cowl ears lol. And wouldn't you know it... evidently I wasn't the only one lol.

Finally, this article suggests that Steve Mnuchin (Trump's treasury pick, and former executive vice-president at Goldman Sachs) partially financed... you guessed it... Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Granted, all of these sources are fairly anti-Trump, and I concede this and again reiterate my desire to give him the benefit of the doubt, and that I don't necessarily think this means anything. I mean... surely not, right? It was a stupid dream from 10 years ago. But, it was one of those dreams that sticks with you, and I've somehow never forgotten it. And given the possible influence of the Trickster god archetype floating so heavily like a specter over this whole situation, nothing would surprise me anymore to be frank lol.

Now if he starts doing truly disturbing and erratic things, and ends up getting impeached or getting handily defeated by someone who seems "infinitely better" in 2020... THEN I might worry lol.

Thus ends my off the wall kooky ATS topic. Forgive my momentary lunacy.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
That's interesting, but I can't take people's dreams seriously.

Dreams don't "mean" anything.

There are 7 billion people on the planet, and each one averages 3 to 5 dreams per night.

Trying to ascribe significance to one is kind of ridiculous I think.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

As I said...

truly kooky and irrational ...

... My usual skepticism and awareness that this probably meant/means nothing still applies...

...this will sound loony and totally irrational... I totally concede this...

... I know how insane this sounds ...

... I haven't been looking for them or thinking my dream was "coming true" or any such nonsense ...

... It was a stupid dream from 10 years ago...

...Forgive my momentary lunacy.

Peace.
edit on 12/10/2016 by AceWombat04 because: Added lunacy quote lol

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

Hehe.

Great story, thanks for sharing your crazy dream with us.

I must admit that if I were to dream of some president Batman gone amok, and then years later some new president guy comes along in real life that calls himself Batman....

I too would probably raise an eyebrow !

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

Crazy stuff! What a funny and (just a little bit) dreadful perspective this dream has added to your bubble of thaught. Ofcourse it would be highly impractical to make any real life choises based on that perspective.

Dreams are crazy... I like dreams

Can't seem to remember them much lately, but awhile ago I wrote down two dreams I had one nigh and I remember them in mutch detail still today (only re-read them once shortly after jotting them down).

Regards,

new topics

top topics

join