It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Keep Deal with ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ in What Many Are Calling a Conflict of Interest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Before he so eloquently graced the presidential stage, Donald Trump was as big a reality star as the Kardashians on his hit NBC show Celebrity Apprentice, on which he became well-known for slapping people with the “you’re fired.”

In what many people are calling a conflict of interest, President-elect Trump will remain executive producer of Apprentice, which returns Jan. 2 after a two-year hiatus with new host Arnold Schwarzenegger.

MGM confirmed to Variety that Trump has kept his exec producer credit on the series – the same show that made the idea of the reality star’s presidency doubtful. In the show’s closing credits, Trump’s name will appear after Apprentice creator Mark Burnett’s and before Schwarzenegger’s, also an exec producer of the reborn show along with Page Feldman and Eric Van Wagenen.

An issue of large concern has been the payment Trump is to receive from the series; he’ll likely receive, at the minimum, in the low five-figures, which will be paid through the show’s producer MGM. MGM declined to comment on these financial matters. Many politicians, news anchors, and a majority of America have expressed concern that a president will be being paid by a TV show during his presidency.
source

FYI, the annual salary for the President is $400,000 - and they do pay income tax on it.

Kellyanne Conway says that there's no ocnflict because he can do Apprentice 'in his spare time'.

One wonders if his "spare time" will be the time taken from the daily Presidential briefings - which he's been skipping (he attends them only once a week.)

Like 48% of those who voted, I didn't vote for Trump, in part because I had questions about his ethics. While Presidents have appeared on tv and radio shows, it was an occasional gig and not as a producer or regular star.

What's most troubling is Conway's dismissal of how trivial the duties of President are. In part, we see this reflected in his choice of his children to run the transition team. It seems as if they're covering for him in a way.
edit on 9-12-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Im sure it will consume a significantly less amount of time than Obamas holidays and golfing.

Wow everything this guy does people have a spin on it, you guys will probably lose your minds if he farted.

For crying out loud, let the guy take office Then judge him by his actions!!!!!

edit on 9-12-2016 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
Let him, it will consume a lot less time then all of Obamas golfing

You do know that Obama has spent less time golfing then Bush spent pretending to be Cowboy to pander to his party right?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Im sure it will consume a significantly less amount of time than Obamas holidays and golfing.

Wow everything this guy does people have a spin on it, you guys will probably lose it if he farted.

And this is why we're all doomed and why leaders from both sides continue to abuse their power.

Someone is always ready to make excuses for them.

We must all have Stockholm syndrome or something.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Of course. He's an entertainer. This is his long game. How people fail to see this is beyond me.

It reminds me of the fables I used to read growing up in the south about the slick New Yorker riding through back in the 1800's and conning everyone.

People change, but the game is the game.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
fyi, an "executive producer" does little more than allow their name to be used to add credibility to a production. How exactly would this conflict with Trump's job of being president?
edit on 9-12-2016 by Voiceofthemajority because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

And this is why we're all doomed and why leaders from both sides continue to abuse their power. Someone is always ready to make excuses for them. We must all have Stockholm syndrome or something.

A little less butt hurt/judgemental, just let him take office then criticise him, his cabinet isnt the best choice but so far he himself has been very proactive, you have to admire that.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
He could still do his show and have more time to run POTUS, and be his own man about it, opposed to Hillary who couldn't even handle HALF of the campaign trailing as Trump was non-stop flying from rally to rally.

It is a weird move though... oh, wait, he's not running the whole game executive producer AND host? Sheeeet. Whose to say he'll be doing much of anything aside from collecting checks from HIS show?

How is that a "conflict of interest"?

Is that like accepting tens of millions of dollars in BLOOD money from foreign dictatorships whom are state sponsors of international global jihadi terrorism?

He says he dumped all his conflict on interest stocks...
He says he isn't taking the POTUS salary checks....
.....you guys are in here calling taking checks and playing what appears to be an advisory role on HIS show he invented, and you guys are calling it a "conflict of interest".

Way to Nuke The Fridge!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
One wonders if his "spare time" will be the time taken from the daily Presidential briefings - which he's been skipping (he attends them only once a week.)

Interesting source you have there!

When I highlight text on the page Cyrillic script pops up by my cursor (Russian languge / letters). When i click the "contacts" it shows French contact information.

That wouldn't happen to be FAKE NEWS would it?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Oh I doubt it. So far Trump only receives one Intel briefing a week while Pence receives 6. Looks like Pence will be running the show while Trump runs his show and other businesses in between his vacations.
edit on 9-12-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

What's most troubling is Conway's dismissal of how trivial the duties of President are.

Laughable. Stop being butt-hurt. Hillary lost. Donald won. It's that simple.

And ... who cares what Conway has to say?

This thread amounts to Click Bait ... and you should be ashamed of posting it to ATS. I only 'clicked it' because you were the author. I am very sorry I did.

Out here.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream is the second book written by then-Senator Barack Obama.

Amazing how much energy he had as a Senator. Writing books in his spare time. Wonder what Trump could do in his spare time having 10X more energy than Barry Soerto of whatever his real name is.
edit on 9-12-2016 by LifeMode because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Voiceofthemajority

Exactly.

You won't see him on the show at all apart from maybe a cameo, but probably not even that.

edit on 9/12/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
He will do "Press Secretary Assistant" on The Apprentice Political Edition....2018....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
edit on 12pm31pmf0000002016-12-09T23:40:24-06:001124 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Got a source for how much golf he played?

And if Obama farted, some here would claim it caused colony collapse of the bees. Tit for tat.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Exactly.

You won't see him on the show at all apart from maybe a cameo, but probably not even that.

When was the last time in history a sitting US president had his name on a currently running TV show?

Trump has ONE job, to be POTUS, not to be an entertainer. I know many of his followers seem to enjoy the entertainment factor of the man, but the job of POTUS isn't a gameshow or a reality TV show.

This is why the country is in the shape its in...we don't want competent leaders, we want to be entertained (apparently)...oh and to eat borscht. I better start growing beets.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I was waiting for someone to say this. All he's doing to putting his name on it. He's not touching the show.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Interesting source you have there!

When I highlight text on the page Cyrillic script pops up by my cursor (Russian languge / letters). When i click the "contacts" it shows French contact information.

That wouldn't happen to be FAKE NEWS would it?

I picked a convenient source... but as you can see, it's been widely reported.

Madison, WI news channel

like this one

Reuters

This op-ed - Trump won't bother with daily presidential briefings but can find time to work on the Apprentice

I mentioned sources several weeks ago saying he'd attended only two presidential intelligence briefings.

Washington post,

After talking so much about security and international threats, he doesn't seem to be taking it seriously. What he does seem to be taking seriously is doing a victory lap.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Don't you get it?

Trump's Cabinet picks are the real reality show.

Watch, a few months into the Trump Administration when these select cabinet members begin to get that famous memo saying "you're fired".

And the Apprentice hosts these guys on the show to explain why they were fired and invites and interviews Trump for everybody to hear the reasons etc...

It's all The Apprentice.

About to become the most watched show on earth.

Buy stock.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The right tries to crap on Obama for his vacations. Lest not forget that GWB was out for over 1 YEAR during his 8 years as the president.

Obama doesn't even come close to Bush when it comes to vacations. You right wingers need to get your narrative straight.

Wow everything this guy does people have a spin on it, you guys will probably lose your minds if he farted.

For crying out loud, let the guy take office Then judge him by his actions!!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join