It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I Missed About Ivanka Trump in Meeting with the Japanese Prime Minister and More...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
She is part of the transition team, so maybe not so odd that Ivanka was in the meeting...unless... at the very same time a meeting was happening in Tokyo to get her clothing line licensed by Sanei, a company FULLY owned by the Japanese government.

I have also seen in another thread, that during that meeting, a call was taken by Trump to accept congratulations from the Argentinian President. 3 days later, permits Trump had tried to get approved for building in Argentina for YEARS, were, in fact, approved.

Trump is not yet inaugurated, but he is already appointing a cabinet. He is already mixing official business with his personal business.
I knew there was more to that. That meeting handled two personal business deals at the same time as being an official visit from the President Elect.

There is no way his children will be any kind of a 'blind trust'.
edit on 8-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

That would be because his followers are in a "blind trust" and he doesn't care if those of us not blinded know it all really. He's just that confident.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Well, lets review what we had in the government the past years. Mmmmm...., yep, mostly ugly crazy dumb women.

Ivanka is a great improvement.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Are you just now against this sort of activity?
I am confused, as allegations of this sort of inappropriate govt activity have been in the news for at least the last 6 months.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Well, lets review what we had in the government the past years. Mmmmm...., yep, mostly ugly crazy dumb women.

What???

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I am confused, as allegations of this sort of inappropriate govt activity have been in the news for at least the last 6 months.

No. Just since you see this thread today, doesn't mean I am just now against this. The thread is not about me.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
She is part of the transition team, so maybe not so odd that Ivanka was in the meeting...unless... at the very same time a meeting was happening in Tokyo to get her clothing line licensed by Sanei, a company FULLY owned by the Japanese government.

I have also seen in another thread, that during that meeting, a call was taken by Trump to accept congratulations from the Argentinian President. 3 days later, permits Trump had tried to get approved in for building in Argentina for YEARS, were, in fact, approved.

Trump is not yet inaugurated, but he is already appointing a cabinet. He is already mixing official business with his personal business.
I knew there was more to that. That meeting handled two personal business deals at the same time as being an official visit from the President Elect.

There is no way his children will be any kind of a 'blind trust'.

Well in that case, you must absolutely despise Hilary and the Clinton foundation, right?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MediaCensor

Again, these deflective posts asking me about my various 'feelings' have nothing to do with the thread.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

What???

It's a man thing. You won't get it

edit on 8-12-2016 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You mean the last 8 years

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoAngel2u

That would be because his followers are in a "blind trust" and he doesn't care if those of us not blinded know it all really. He's just that confident.

Yes, we saw the same thing with HRC's followers.

Only difference: her fanatics have nothing to follow anymore.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

So you only felt compelled to post a thread against conflicts of interest in government just today?
Are all conflicts of interest in government positions a bad thing then or just this particular occurrence?
Do you think this merits an investigation... oops i mean inquiry..oops i mean probe?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

In Trump's mind, there's no separation between his personal business and the government actions. After all, the government is there to promote and facilitate "American Interests," and Trump is one of those Americans.

He sees nothing wrong with using whatever opportunities, contacts, positions, or advantages he has to promote his own personal business.

Remember, the rich always used the government to further their own interests. But usually, they paid various government officials to pass laws and take actions in the overseas diplomatic centers to promote their business interests. Boeing, for example, gets help from the US Embassies abroad to market their airplanes to foreign entities.
So, the government always helped the rich to get richer.

The only unusual thing about things this time around, is that the rich person is not lobbying the government for aid, he is the government. Trump doesn't need to give contributions to some politician's campaign, to get favors coming his way. He figured out, the way things were going, it was more economical to use those funds to put himself into power to work the system directly from within.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

No. Just since you see this thread today, doesn't mean I am just now against this. The thread is not about me.

It is, however, about/related to your distaste for Trump. You didn't "miss" the topic. You discovered it and ran with it.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm going to assume you've posted threads on all the other govt nepotism that has occurred over the years. Does Nancy Pelosi's husband ring a bell?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

So you only felt compelled to post a thread against conflicts of interest in government just today?
Are all conflicts of interest in government positions a bad thing then or just this particular occurrence?
Do you think this merits an investigation... oops i mean inquiry..oops i mean probe?

I was not writing a book about government conflicts of interest in general. I was only writing about this instance.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

It is, however, about/related to your distaste for Trump. You didn't "miss" the topic. You discovered it and ran with it.

It is not related to my distaste for Trump. I had wondered about that meeting and I found more information.

link   

So do you think it merits an investigation? an inquiry? a probe?
Will anyone in congress have the stones to get one of the above in motion?

link   

Reldra, I understand your point but at the same time imagine if her father lost. What would have happened to the Trump name? I believe he would have took massive hits to his businesses. He must've known that. The guy pulled it despite the odds. And with most politicians there will be conflicts, you must know this.
With ivanka, I give her a lot of credit for how she turned out, from what I know of course. She's a successful businesswoman which there should be more of. Mind you she could fail, despite who her father is, I mean, not all of his endeavors have been great accomplishments.
So she may end up getting a deal with this company. Very far from the worst thing that could happen or that she could be doing.
She seems smart, I like smart women.
edit on 8-12-2016 by VinylTyrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I'm going to assume you've posted threads on all the other govt nepotism that has occurred over the years. Does Nancy Pelosi's husband ring a bell?

It is not generally my topic of interest. These continuous deflective posts about my various views or posting history are derailing and repetitive.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join