It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama White House Press Secretary: “Embittered” Pearl Harbor Survivors Need to Get Over It

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So with the 75th anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor the White House announces that Pearl Harbor survivors need to just get over it !!

What a bonehead comment to make.

We have a few WW2 veterans alive as well as millions of people who have (or had) relatives that fought in WW2.

WTF is Obama thinking ?

We already know he hates just about everything American.

And on top of that, apparently the Japanese Prime Minister is actually visiting Pearl Harbor too !!

No harm in being humble and forgiving , but please.

Obama White House Press Secretary: “Embittered” Pearl Harbor Survivors Need to Get Over It

75 years ago today the Japanese Imperial Navy launched a surprise attack on Pearl Harbor military base in Hawaii.

2,403 Americans were killed and 1,178 others were wounded.

On Tuesday Obama White House Press Secretary said Pearl Harbor survivors should not be so bitter towards Japan.

The Daily Caller reported:

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said during a press conference Monday it was natural for World War II veterans to be “embittered” about Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s visit to Pearl Harbor, but they should get over it for the sake of America.

It was announced Monday that Abe will be the first Japanese leader to visit Pearl Harbor since it was hit by a surprise attack that killed 2,403 Americans and brought the U.S. into World War II. The visit reciprocates President Barack Obama’s visit to Hiroshima earlier this year for the anniversary of the atomic bomb attack on the city.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
wow I just don't get it, those men and women risked their lives and lost many friends and loved ones. and the Obama admin has the ignorance to say such a thing.

p.s. I say **** the prime minister of Japan, why is he going to pearl anyway? I can only imagine these "SJW" are the ones enjoying this.
edit on 12/7/2016 by ware2010 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/7/2016 by ware2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Kinda of ties in with how screwed up the money grabbing VA system has been for years right? Before someone gets miffed because this OP is about the Obama administration this has been going on for years including Republican admins.

One reason I have ZERO respect for John McCain who constantly uses his POW status as being a hero yet where is he when it comes to reforming the VA system?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
They are almost all passed away, couldnt you shut your yapper until they are gone?

How insulting. Similar to closing vet's access to the Vietnam wall one holiday.

So now we know, any victims of violence, up to and including war, need to get over it!

Thanks Obama.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Well...that's just sad. Good thing they are on the way out. Let's bring those people in that kill Americans by the boatload and just tell those who fought to get over it....nice.

Can't wait to see what they say about 911 one day...

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
#### you, Obama.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
There is nothing that Obama and his minions can't politicize. I find him repugnant and so anti-American than any enemy that I've ever faced. I can't pray hard enough for 1-20-17 to come quickly.

edit on 7-12-2016 by buddah6 because: Pain medication working well!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

On Tuesday Obama White House Press Secretary said Pearl Harbor survivors should not be so bitter towards Japan.

Walk that mile in their shoes. The Japanese treated POWs and many indigenous peoples horribly during the war.

So_did_we.

Get over it? War is hell, those that suffer it will never 'get over' it.

Obama was the first president to visit Hiroshima so Abe will reciprocate by visiting Pearl Harbor.

So what? Its a big show folks, designed to strengthen relationships on a common front, but really militarily directed at China.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
so the press secretary says something, yet its as if the thread would lead people to believe omama said it, and of course the bait works.

your news sources are going to drive you mental before jan 20th...

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz
well the press secretary is not an elected person, therefore he basically speaks for Obama????

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sorry, but Japan cannot be forgiven for their horrible crimes against humanity in their genocidal war of expansion. Crimes they have yet to apologise for, and sometimes even defend.

Worst of all the Axis powers. By far. The fact so many of their war criminals walked free is a damning indictment of US policy after the war, the same as Operation Paperclip and the similar Soviet operation.

There is a reason that the people in Asia hate Japan to this day.

I don't think they should even be allowed a military (or self defence force) of any kind. Not with people like Abe around.

When they apologise for their brutal genocidal war of aggression, the horrific crimes committed during it, and pay appropriate reparations to affected countries & families, maybe then they can be forgiven, but not before.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I wish they supported the same sentiments towards those who were in support of slaves over a hundred years ago.

Things happen in history that we can do nothing about in the present time. Heart ache does usually heal but even if not, those who were directly affected will pass on and their pain with them. It is useless to instruct those who have been directly hurt to 'get over it'. They may go to their grave with the pain they could never be relieved of.

For those who can move on and forgive, all the better. But what a cold and callous statement to make. No sympathy what so ever.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Someone needs an enema with the Iwa Jima flagpole,whats left would fit in a briefcase
edit on 7-12-2016 by khnum because: spelling

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Nice spin, however here is what was actually said:

MR. EARNEST: Listen, I can’t speak for every single American and how they will respond to or react to this particular situation. If I were a World War II veteran who was drafted by the United States military to go and fight for our country overseas in the aftermath of the Pearl Harbor attack, I might feel quite embittered. And I think it would be a perfectly natural and understandable human reaction to not be particularly satisfied with the words of the Japanese Prime Minister.

But I think the thing that we know about the Greatest Generation of Americans is they’re anything -- well, let me say it this way. This Greatest Generation of Americans, I think we take a risk if we underestimate their patriotism and their capacity to set aside their own personal interests and prioritize the ambition and opportunity of the American people.

And so, yes, there may be some who feel personally embittered. But I’m confident that many will set aside their own personal bitterness, not because they’re personally satisfied by the words of the Prime Minister, but because they recognize how important this moment is for the United States. And that’s certainly why they qualify to be described as the greatest generation.

Transcript

Hardly the same as saying "Get over it".

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Go back home to Kenya Barry and take Michael with you. Why didn't you two come out of the closet? You could have done great things for our LGBT (sh$t did I forget somebody) brothers and sisters. But no, you support covert jihad.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You're talking to the ATS spinmaster after all.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Yep I know. I'm often the one having to babysit the large amount of crap pseudo news that gets spawned from them. I basically just expect it now.

It's so easy to simply find the truth it amazes me that they still think they'll get away with posting propaganda without question. I've even tried getting them to stop doing it and suggesting that they just try a bit harder so as to not misinform others but they just can't or won't do it.

So I'm stuck as babysitter forever I guess.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: mOjOm

You're talking to the ATS spinmaster after all.

Yea. There's no point or reason with this person. I mean can partisanship really make people silence their common sense and intelect... Yes.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Something needs to change with the way these things are reported.

Obamas administration, which is a large thing, not a small one or an individual, but a huge group of people, did not make any such announcement.

One man, said one series of words that were ill advised and badly worded. Obama did not, and neither did his ENTIRE administration. People get the impression that Obama did this, and Obama did that, when the vast majority of the time, Obama did precisely nothing to do with the headline, and was not actually involved in the scripting for the announcement that caused the trouble.

He has been a politician for a while, so we know he has told some lies, dodged some questions, and made statements with which people may disagree, and he should be called on those, and has been, extensively. But framing a headline to include his name, when the man is not, nor should he be in control of every utterance, fart, and epithelial cell of his staff, is unreasonable in the extreme.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
so the press secretary says something, yet its as if the thread would lead people to believe omama said it, and of course the bait works.

your news sources are going to drive you mental before jan 20th...

Yep, the famous Xuenchen clickbaitnswitch ™ .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join