It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 Is Expanding

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
We've been discussing Area 51 on ATS for YEARS, even back when this was Simon's show well before Bill and Mark showed up. It's a topic we're all rather familiar with and I bet many of you could even draw a rough sketch of the area from memory.

But did you know that Area 51 has been expanding?

Many of us concluded a while back that Area 51 wasn't the center of "spooky" operations anymore and that such activity had been moved out to other facilities. While that may or may not be true, satellite imagery shows that Area 51 has been growing steadily.

Checked out these sat images from Google Maps:

The Sun did an article about this and posted those same photos. They point out all the visible expansion areas over the years.

SC ARIER 51 - Incredible aerial timelapse reveals how the mysterious Area 51 has expanded over the last 30 years

So what are your thoughts on A51 expansion?
What do you think they are doing there?
Will we ever find out what has been going on at A51?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
They've added a large new hangar just in the last couple of years. Area 51 is still going strong, and will be for years. With all the popularity and how "cool" it is for people that are tourists when it comes to aviation spotting to go there, exactly what has really been seen that's truly classified flying out of there? Even at Tonopah, where you can get a lot closer to the base, very little has been actually seen.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
yeh this aint really news its always been expanding in some way or another

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
What happened to the talk of closing it due to radiation exposure from nuke testing and other toxins? I though it was becoming sooo contaminated...

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'm suprised not one person or group of people or any other outside force has tested Area 51's defenses. I know Area 51 has done wonders with spooking people by having people in vehicles scare would be tresspassers away. I always have wondered how much hardware can they bring out on short notice if say a full scale incursion would take place there.

Inquiring minds would love to know the full details of what exactly are the base's defensive tactics and procedures and how many personnel they can bring to bear before they become overwhelemed.

Since they technically don't exist. They wouldn't have any other help from the military due to the military not knowing anything about it.

I wish I could find out.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

The desert itself is one defense mechanism. And besides their camo dudes and regular hardware, they are likely to have a number of classified and un-classified fighter jets out there. Also, Nellis is not far away and could rain in some more hell from the sky or drop in more ground troops.

And even if they were to be come overwhelmed and unable to keep an incursion at bay, I'm willing to bet they have protocol to detonate bombs/nukes to prevent anyone from finding anything ever.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulOfCeres

The desert itself is one defense mechanism. And besides their camo dudes and regular hardware, they are likely to have a number of classified and un-classified fighter jets out there. Also, Nellis is not far away and could rain in some more hell from the sky or drop in more ground troops.

And even if they were to be come overwhelmed and unable to keep an incursion at bay, I'm willing to bet they have protocol to detonate bombs/nukes to prevent anyone from finding anything ever.

Yeah, I guess they have an oath to keep. I forgot about the whole self destruct feature too.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulOfCeres

Area 51 is just another military base, like all the others. All bases have classified areas. The weapons on base are enough to stop pretty much anyone who would try to walk into the base. As secure as they are, there's no reason to think they have nuclear self destruct weapons around the base. There's nothing truly earth shattering there.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Let's say you rob a bank in Vegas. Two possibilities exist regarding what comes next. One, you hide in town. Two, you make a run for it. Given you are in an oasis (relatively speaking), getting away isn't easy.

Now if you penetrate Groom Lake and are detected, you better know how to fly a jet like you stole it to get away. Otherwise, you are trapped.

I'm still of the opinion you could pull a Jerry Freeman and get close to the perimeter of the base. I have my doubt you could ever get on base.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

The Jerry Freeman story is a story many people should look into. I'm surprised that a lot of people who are into Area 51 have never heard of him or his story. Definitely one to look into for those of you interested in Dreamland!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: EngineerGuY

The Jerry Freeman story is a story many people should look into. I'm surprised that a lot of people who are into Area 51 have never heard of him or his story. Definitely one to look into for those of you interested in Dreamland!

www.topsecretbases.com...

As an aside, Verizon has a cell site on the NTS, even back then. The Rachel cell site came much later. There is also the cell site on the mountain behind Alamo, so I have no doubts about that part of the story. I think Verizon was still analog back then. Those were the days when cell phones could use external antennas. I used to make calls from the Power Line Overlook with a mag mount on the car roof.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

originally posted by: EngineerGuY

www.topsecretbases.com...

Thanks for posting that link, I was just going to do that.
I have created a page linked to that one called "The Bunk Trunk Hoax", as the original one is 404.
Thankfully it was archived somewhere.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

I didn't know Jerry found the "trunk" twice. How was that verified since Freeman would be the only person with that knowledge?

BTW, the old LV Sun article has maps and photos.

On my bucket list is the Mt. Cury (perhaps Curry) hike to the NTS. There is a sliver of legal land to view the NTS on your terms, not theirs. That is, you can always tour the NTS, but maybe they are hiding something. ;-)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Different maps and photo's than what I have on my website?

Here is an article from www.deathvalley.com about the 49'ers:
deathvalley.com...
edit on 8-12-2016 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FosterVS

Different maps and photo's than what I have on my website?

Here is an article from www.deathvalley.com about the 49'ers:
deathvalley.com...

I didn't see the maps and photos initially.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Ok is it just me, or does the Groom Lake dry lake-bed area in the 2016 photo look like a stereotypical "Grey Alien" face? Did somebody photoshop that?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Google Maps in 1984??? Google started in 2004 and launched February 8, 2005; 11 years ago
edit on 16-12-2016 by OrlaBenLarsen because: miss something

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: OrlaBenLarsen

There is Landsat imagery dating back to 1984. I have seen it used to generate this same sort of Groom Lake time-lapse series before. Bases on the resolution of the current time-lapse, I assume it is largely based on Landsat pictures. Frankly, it would be nice to see the more recent images at maximum available resolution.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Area 51 -Roswell are either a psy op, or they filmed the moon landings there, ..

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Speaking of expansion, there has been a new runway and hanger complex under development and construction south west of the main facility [Groom Lake]. I'll attempt to attach what I have...

Runway & Hanger

And there is also speculation that parts of the main base's testing has moved to what people are referring to the "New area 51"...

New Mexico
Google Earth shot

This is to draw down attention at Groom Lake, supposedly.
edit on 15-7-2017 by SecretSector because: New Mexico facility added

edit on 15-7-2017 by SecretSector because: Google Earth shot

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join